Travis Cloke to take indefinite break

Remove this Banner Ad

Men have such a high suicide and depression rate that this sort of thing being publicized, accepted and understood is really important. If it can and does effect those who are successful and at the peak of what they do then it can effect anyone at any point in life.

The stigma needs to be lifted, people should be completely comfortable seeking help if they need it.

With the amount of criticism he has received on social media over the past couple of years, I'm not surprised. Feel really sorry for him and other sons of stars. There's so much pressure on them.

99% of the population will be respectful towards Trav now.

...What a shame it has to get to this level for that to happen.

A lot has happened in his personal life too with getting married, his wife is now pregnant & still being a full time athlete.
Glad he will still keep training & get the support he needs still, hopefully he decides to come back & give it another crack.

All the best Trav

With the amount of criticism he has received on social media over the past couple of years, I'm not surprised. Feel really sorry for him and other sons of stars. There's so much pressure on them.

That's true, Clokey is a good footballer has given great service , hope he can get back and offer some good stuff to the Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the best to the guy. He has definitely copped more than his fair share of criticism over the years and it would most definitely have contributed I imagine. Hope he can get the help he needs!

It will be interesting to see if these type of events will lead to media engaging in proper critiquing of players. This IMO has a bigger affect than social media

The game of AFL is played out under a microscope. It isn't for all. I hope as more players take time off for these sorts of things - that youngsters think twice about entering AFL and NRL. Good luck for Cloke all the same.

It will be interesting to see if these type of events will lead to media engaging in proper critiquing of players. This IMO has a bigger affect than social media

No way in hell. The media get paid to do what they do. $$$ rules all. The media rip em down, and then they pretend they are sympathetic. At the end of the day, whatever pays.

Perhaps if he wasn't involved in one of the biggest witch hunts in football via the media and social media he'd be in a better head space regardless of the source.

All the best to travis, and good luck on getting back to being better and happier

Remove this Banner Ad

Back