Opinion Round 14 Changes v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have you spotted in his last 146 games that I have missed?
I've spotted left foot torpedoes into the forward 50, and a gamestyle that is suited to tough scraps in wet weather at Kardinya Park. Watch him put one lace out on McCarthy's chest. He's the missing ingredient in our side. :thumbsu:

I find it amusing Suban happens to be back in Ballas return game. Anyways - as much flak as he cops I don't really see the harm in playing him and it doesn't bother me. He's not going to be the difference to winning or losing - I think this game with a couple more will be to see if he has a future at this club.

Griffin had his run, done.
Pearce had his run, done.
Ibbotson had his run, done.
Dawson had his run, done.
Sutcliffe had his run, done.

Sheridan and Suban on their last chances this next fortnight.

In a side that's probably not going to be playing finals and may even be tanking in disguise, I reckon Ross secretly wants to get one of his favourite sons, Nick Suban, to 150 games to qualify for life membership and then let him go at season's end.

I find it amusing Suban happens to be back in Ballas return game. Anyways - as much flak as he cops I don't really see the harm in playing him and it doesn't bother me. He's not going to be the difference to winning or losing - I think this game with a couple more will be to see if he has a future at this club.

Griffin had his run, done.
Pearce had his run, done.
Ibbotson had his run, done.
Dawson had his run, done.
Sutcliffe had his run, done.

Sheridan and Suban on their last chances this next fortnight.
Just add them to the done list.
7 players gone in one season though. We ll be keeping one of those to limit too many changes.

In a side that's probably not going to be playing finals and may even be tanking in disguise, I reckon Ross secretly wants to get one of his favourite sons, Nick Suban, to 150 games to qualify for life membership and then let him go at season's end.
Then let D Pearce play one more game for 100 games as Freo player. He deserves it just as much as Suban does at 150.

Very happy with all selections.. perhaps Cox to be given chance as CHB?

But Collins out. Seriously dumb. After one game where the whole 22 was putrid against a last place team. Sure drop him.
Tabs and Collins have got to be the two most unlucky/disliked players on the list. Ross just keeps playing his favs with Suban and Sheridan. Yet Sam and Matt have one ordinary game and their gone. Kersten better have a cracker to keep his spot

Hope Tabs kicks a bag of 5, and Collins dominate defence for Peel.

It was a mistake to select him in the first place. Made us way too tall. Unfortunately is still defo behind Hamling and Johnson.

You guy are crazy , there is nobody left in the second,don't play suban who can freo play .

Then let D Pearce play one more game for 100 games as Freo player. He deserves it just as much as Suban does at 150.
D Pearce still has one year to run on his contract. He'll be here in 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want some of what you are on.

337403.jpg

Mick Barlow
Dake Kickett
Justin Longmuir

to name a few, all deserved it as much - if not more - than Suban.

Jeffrey Farmer was left stranded on 249 AFL games.

There's very little sentiment in footy. If Ross picked him, he thinks he's in the best 22 players we have available to play on Sunday. Strange.

Mick Barlow
Dake Kickett
Justin Longmuir

to name a few, all deserved it as much - if not more - than Suban.

Jeffrey Farmer was left stranded on 249 AFL games.

There's very little sentiment in footy. If Ross picked him, he thinks he's in the best 22 players we have available to play on Sunday. Strange.
It was more tongue in cheek. I know Ross is a no-nonsense coach and probably does see him as best 22 this week.

Was Jeffrey stranded on 249 due to that being the last game of the season or could he have played it without the club having to renew for another contract?

The choice is up to your ,the possibility of nyhuis debut, Collins and d.pearce playing is higher next week if suban and sheriden don't perform .

It was more tongue in cheek. I know Ross is a no-nonsense coach and probably does see him as best 22 this week.

Was Jeffrey stranded on 249 due to that being the last game of the season or could he have played it without the club having to renew for another contract?
No, you're right. He would have needed a new contract into 2009 to get to 250.

I can keep on going!

1. Shrugs tackle with the strength of The Hulk.
  2. Booming left foot from another timezone.
  3. Inspirational goal.

You do get carry away here a bit . This is his last chance , if he don't perform I will be banished forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back