Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 2 (cont in pt. 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope just the Trump campaign since late 2015
Also Trump tower

Obama didn't do any such thing.

Also Trump wasn't suggesting Obama may have recorded his calls with Comey.

Sol Invictus

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The Obama tweet was another falsehood. As if the Obama administration was recording convos in the Trump Whitehouse.
The wiretapping claim, turned out to be false; largely in part due to the fact "wiretapping" is a very specific term. To claim Trump and co. wasn't under surveillance is absurd though.
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...ser-sought-names-of-trump-associates-in-intel

Also he fired Comey before Comey gave out any information and Comey as a private citizen is entitled to release his own notes. It's not a leak if it is your own stuff.
Of course, which is why no-one's making a big deal about it. The interesting thing is, even though he was entitled to do so, he chose to leak it through an intermediary rather than do so himself. A channel which could have been used before. One more interesting thing is, neither the original memo nor the copy that has been handed in as evidence, despite repeated requests to do so from Congress.

Where would we be without whistle-blowers? Yet some would have you believe that possible corruption should be kept a secret.
As a private citizen with a thirst for knowledge, I love whistle-blowers and leakers but surely you can see why governments/governmental agencies do not and will work to remove them.

Sol Invictus

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Obama didn't do any such thing.

Also Trump wasn't suggesting Obama may have recorded his calls with Comey.
No, I never suggested he was. Your mind filled in the blanks.

What I was actually suggesting by mentioning that was Trump has many enemies in Washington and many who actively seek to undermine him in all branches and on both sides of the line. He very clearly knows this and they aren't exactly being subtle about it either.

You said yourself that you find him funny and have the popcorn out. He played Comey beautifully and everyone is horrified that he "lied" (when he didn't)??

Everyone brushes off the "4D chess" comments, but the truth is the bloke didn't get to where he is in life without being a sound strategist.
Didn't play him at all. Got him Meuller, think it may be the don that got played.:p
He got where he is from daddy's money and the Ruskies.

The wiretapping claim, turned out to be false; largely in part due to the fact "wiretapping" is a very specific term. To claim Trump and co. wasn't under surveillance is absurd though.
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...ser-sought-names-of-trump-associates-in-intel

The claim was that Obama had his tapped and it had nothing to do with how specific the term was. If intelligence agencies were following collusion leads and made requests or Trump staff were unmasked through tapping of Russians, that isn't on Obama.

Of course, which is why no-one's making a big deal about it. The interesting thing is, even though he was entitled to do so, he chose to leak it through an intermediary rather than do so himself. A channel which could have been used before. One more interesting thing is, neither the original memo nor the copy that has been handed in as evidence, despite repeated requests to do so from Congress.

Mueller is investigating. That's who he is handing things over to. Why give Congress anything? The likes of Nunes are hopelessly compromised, if not corrupted. Their hearings are a farce. Note that other intelligence leaders and justice department officials are saying little at these hearings because of the special counsel.

As a private citizen with a thirst for knowledge, I love whistle-blowers and leakers but surely you can see why governments/governmental agencies do not and will work to remove them.

I can see that. I'm just wondering why you speak of Comey being a leaker as though it is a bad thing.

So Obama's National Security Advisor did it without him knowing?

No doubt someone has a recording of those meetings
Maybe Admiral Rogers?

Rice requested that individuals who were recorded incidentally through tapping of Russian officials be unmasked. That is not the same as tapping Trump officials.

Nov 6, 2002
End of the Earth.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rice requested that individuals who were recorded incidentally through tapping of Russian officials be unmasked. That is not the same as tapping Trump officials.

We don't know who was unmasked yet as they won't release the records as they are supposedly in the Obama library for 5 years

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We don't know who was unmasked yet as they won't release the records as they are supposedly in the Obama library for 5 years

What does it matter? They were captured incidentally, not by being tapped directly. This is the contention.

It matters a lot , we need to know if us persons who were not communicating were unmasked
It's dodgy

This has nothing to do with the contention that Obama had Trump tapped. Read the discussion back.

Riddle me this ...

The Georgia 6th results in 2016 were:

Republicans 61.7%
Democrats 38.3%

( source)

The Georgia 6th results this week were

Republicans 51.9%
Democrats 48.1%

( source)

Now if those results had happened in a by-election in Australia, the main story would have been that swing. Despite winning the seat, the incumbent party would be pilloried with predictions of a wipeout at the next general election.

It's not being reported in the US media that way at all. The democrats aren't even pushing that line. Trump is claiming vindication and the Democrats have their tails between their legs.

I don't get it?

Does the voluntary voting thing change the whole dynamic? Or?
I guess a win is a win and margins dont count for anything.

Sol Invictus

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The claim was that Obama had his tapped and it had nothing to do with how specific the term was. If intelligence agencies were following collusion leads and made requests or Trump staff were unmasked through tapping of Russians, that isn't on Obama.

The specific term is WHY his claim fell flat. If he had specifically stated he was "under surveillance" by Obama, rather than "wiretapped" he would be correct. "Incidental" surveillance is still surveillance. Also the "unmasking" of US citizens was done under the claim of "providing more context to the conversations" while it has been repeatedly stated many times since then, that no-one on either side of the aisle has seen any evidence of collusion. So if the conversations by themselves were not evidence of collusion, nor after they were supposedly attached to Trump team members evidence of collusion, why were they unmasked, unless there was some sort of ulterior motive? Combined with the fact it occured often enough, that a pattern emerged and there's clear evidence of impropriety.

Mueller is investigating. That's who he is handing things over to. Why give Congress anything? The likes of Nunes are hopelessly compromised, if not corrupted. Their hearings are a farce. Note that other intelligence leaders and justice department officials are saying little at these hearings because of the special counsel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contempt_of_Congress
As for why no-one says anything in open sessions, a great deal of the information is classified. They make it fairly clear that they go more in depth in closed sessions.

I can see that. I'm just wondering why you speak of Comey being a leaker as though it is a bad thing.
Because from the perspective of the United States government, it is.

Everything to do with it
Can you elaborate as I don't see it has any relevance.
If wire tapping say the Russian Ambassador who is talking to an American citizen, my understanding was that Rice asked who they were and if not relevant, the names were redacted.
Don't see a problem with that.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Ossoff did worse than Clinton did in that district. It is another disaster for the democrats, how they are trying to spin this as a win is beyond me
Because the district was won last time by a giant margin. 60k registered voters down for the republicans

Showbags

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
West Ham Utd
Harsh but true

Alex Jones, the same guy that said Obama was going to lock everyone up in FEMA camps and believed Obama was an actual demon that smelt like sulphur? And Trump took the time out of his schedule to do an interview with that guy. Idiocracy has come true.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Didn't play him at all. Got him Meuller, think it may be the don that got played.:p
He got where he is from daddy's money and the Ruskies.
Nothing on Russia so we move on to obstruction. Maybe this time eh? Sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back