2017 NHL Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Oshie signs on for 8 years at $46m with the Caps
good god this is a bad deal. here's hoping he picks up a career threatening allergy

Jim Benning managed to make a top 10 selection that (almost) everyone doesn't immediately hate, so good for him. Based on my reading and the opinions of those smarter than me, I would have been happy with any of Pettersson, Glass and Vilardi. (indeed I would have been happy trading down to pick 8/9/10 and adding another 2nd round pick and taking whoever survived)

good god this is a bad deal. here's hoping he picks up a career threatening allergy

xCCOiic.jpg

Cha-ching! :dollarsign::dollarsign::dollarsign:

Not a bad time to start hitting the twine. If Oshie's shooting percentage was at his career average last season he would have scored 17 goals.

Jim Benning managed to make a top 10 selection that (almost) everyone doesn't immediately hate, so good for him. Based on my reading and the opinions of those smarter than me, I would have been happy with any of Pettersson, Glass and Vilardi. (indeed I would have been happy trading down to pick 8/9/10 and adding another 2nd round pick and taking whoever survived)

I made this post before I saw McPhee's quotes......tbf, I didn't have Vegas in mind as a possible partner. Doesn't really make sense to move literally one spot forward/back.

Dallas aquire defenseman Marc Methot from vegas...basically in exchange for a bag of pucks ( 2nd rd pick in 2020 and Ferguson, goalie we grabbed in the 7th round on the weekend)

Nice addition to the stars blue line. Solid defensively and definitely improves our back 6.

Love the Methot addition for the Stars. With him (and Bishop in net) they might be relevant again next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be interesting to see how much better Klingberg's play and stats would look if he was given, let's just pick a random number...... 38.6% offensive zone starts instead of 29.9%. His numbers look quite good as it goes.
Probably look a lot better as part of a second pairing as well.
Not to mention being part of a top pairing with a rookie as his partner.

Love the Methot addition for the Stars. With him (and Bishop in net) they might be relevant again next season.

Not sure Methot is much of a solution on the ice for Dallas unless he can help fix Dallas' woeful penalty kill (30th @ 73.9%) because when you look at Dallas d-men's 5v5 stats there's not a lot wrong with them especially considering their age and lack experience (apparently Methot is great in the dressing room so he can definitely help there). He mixes in with Lindell, Hamhuis, Oleksiak and Nemeth.

I think the right side of the blue line needs more help in Dallas, (Klingberg, Pateryn, Johns and Honka.)

Interesting how a player can partner Erik Karlsson for 923 5v5 minutes and accumulate 0 goals and 7 assists.

We'll see how Bishop goes when he's forced to quickly move east and west across his goal crease.

Not sure Methot is much of a solution on the ice for Dallas unless he can help fix Dallas' woeful penalty kill (30th @ 73.9%) because when you look at Dallas d-men's 5v5 stats there's not a lot wrong with them especially considering their age and lack experience (apparently Methot is great in the dressing room so he can definitely help there). He mixes in with Lindell, Hamhuis, Oleksiak and Nemeth.

I think the right side of the blue line needs more help in Dallas, (Klingberg, Pateryn, Johns and Honka.)

Interesting how a player can partner Erik Karlsson for 923 5v5 minutes and accumulate 0 goals and 7 assists.

We'll see how Bishop goes when he's forced to quickly move east and west across his goal crease.

I think the org is very excited about Honka, im guessing they will ease him into it alongside a vet like Hamuis, but there are hopes he could become the stars top pairing guy sooner rather than later.

this is a bit of a guess, but im guessing we roll with these pairs next season.

Methot-Klingberg
Hamuis-Honka
Lindell-Johns

With Oleksiak, Pateryn and Nemeth rotating as the 7th D man...

We need improvement, but that group is better than what we have sent out in recent years. Will be very interested to see how Hitchcock brings in a game plan which supports his defense and goaltender

i also think its likely oleksiak gets traded for some right wing help on the lower lines towards training camp

Is Pete saying, "Bring it on!" with regards to Draisaitl?

Over to you GM's, surely?

Paying Russell 16M over four years for banging the puck off the glass and watch it return seconds later still has me chuckling.

Sharp at $1 Million for 1 year? Yes please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back