Draft Watcher D_P_S Draft Watch 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Jack is his older brother.

FYI and a little bit of trivia, Harrison is also playing with his cousin younger Lachlan Stapleton in the backline at Eastern Ranges.

Lachlan made the Eastern U16 squad this year and due to his form has been playing TAC Cup for the last 4 games.

Stapleton sounds like one to watch for 2019.

FWIW I saw Jack playing for Seville a couple of years ago and thought he did okay without starring.

o_O No Paddy Dow?

I looked up and down the list a few times and still couldn't see his name.
He's there, at 8.
Rankings have been updated with some big changes. Sutherland comes into the top 50 but wont go high until ive seen more of him
Surprised Cerra isn't in your top 10 yet.

Finally got on the paddy wagon!
You were definitely right early in the year Rayner will go before Stephenson.

Can't see Stoddart or Allen in your updated rankings. What's your reasoning for this?

Vic Metro vs Vic Country Round 3

Vic M : 15 7 97

Vic C: 11 9 75

Goal Scorers

Vic M: Cameron Rayner 3, Jack Higgins 2, Patrick Naish 2, Lachlan Fogarty 2, Dylan Moore 2, Adam Cerra, Will Sutherland, Max King, Jaidyn Stephenson

Vic C: Gryan Miers 2, David Handley 2, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Cassidy Parish, Tom De Koning, Bailey Williams, James Worpel, Brent Daniels, Jordan Johnston

Best Players

Vic M: Charlie Constable, Jack Higgins, Dylan Moore, Patrick Naish, Cameron Rayner, Lachlan Fogarty

Vic C: Gryan Miers, James Worpel, Lochie O’Brien, Matthew Ling, Cassidy Parish, Hunter Clark

It was a packed house at Punt Road with every recruiter you could think of in attendance to see the most hyped up game of the championships. I myself got to see the most talked about young footballer in the country Will Sutherland for the first time, sadly it wasn’t a great game for the tall forwards but there was still some nice signs of the player he could become at AFL level.

This game had a lot of feeling to it with every player wanting to impress with as a said before every recruiter watching their every move. You couldn’t shirk a contest and you had to really show of your assets. The two players that really made the most of that where Geelong Falcons star James Worpel and father-son prospect Patrick Naish. Worpel has been highly discussed for his ball wining ability but his kicking has been cause for debate especially for us at ADH but it seems Worpel had taken on his criticisms and his kicking on Saturday was the best ive seen it he really started to lower his eyes but he also kept up his hard hitting form which led to one of the more impressive performances. Patrick Naish looks at his best when he just tucks the ball under his arm and really takes the game on with his speed and dash and he didn’t shirk that mindset at all. He took some very risky kicks but I loved the intent he made to try and move the play and play to his strengths.

Some less talked about players improved their stocks. Easter Ranges midfielder Dylan Moore wasn’t as prolific as last week but he made every possession count and he did a great job of staying involved despite not playing in the centre as much and that goes with his impressive endurance and work rate. Charlie Constable who looked good early for Sandringham Dragons has been dominating in the middle for Haileybury and he once again showed his impressive ball winning ability for Metro. Constable is a smart player and despite his lack of speed he makes up for it with his positioning and clean hands to go with his 190cm frame. Constable could be a 1st Round Smokey. Geelong Falcons forward Gryan Miers has put in 2 great games in a row for Country with his ability to find space in the forward line and create goals. He doesn’t just create scoring opportunities but he is also a dangerous goal kicker in his own right. He is starting to push up into Top 30 calculations. Matthew Ling also continues to enhance his chances with his speed and clean hands a real weapon, I could see club recruiters where really impressed with some of his efforts and a player like him who can play half back and wing will be highly sought after.

With quality players like Petruccelle, Brayshaw, Balta and Mynott missing for this game I think this game proved that the depth of players this year might be better than first thought and like last year there should be some quality midfielders available later in the draft.

Get on Charlie :policeofficer:.

All this talk about LDU, Cerra, Rayner, etc. is lovely, but :policeofficer: was the cleanest and most composed of the lot in traffic.

Made Worpel look silly several times.

If he's drafted, will he go from :policeofficer: to Sergeant?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey D_P_S as such a staunche supporter of Darcy Forgarty are you happy with what he has shown so far this year? Do you think he's a chance to slide to 5-10 and is his fitness his biggest issue with being a midfielder and not getting a higher number of possessions or his reading of the play?

Hey D_P_S as such a staunche supporter of Darcy Forgarty are you happy with what he has shown so far this year? Do you think he's a chance to slide to 5-10 and is his fitness his biggest issue with being a midfielder and not getting a higher number of possessions or his reading of the play?
I was at his game for the academy earlier in the year and he looked brilliant but that wasn't in the midfield. His fitness is an issue and he has a leg injury atm which doesn't help. I see his skill and athletic traits to go with his tough and aggressive nature and I see a future star of the competition. He can do things not many players can at his size and he will be a bargain if he falls outside the top 5

I was at his game for the academy earlier in the year and he looked brilliant but that wasn't in the midfield. His fitness is an issue and he has a leg injury atm which doesn't help. I see his skill and athletic traits to go with his tough and aggressive nature and I see a future star of the competition. He can do things not many players can at his size and he will be a bargain if he falls outside the top 5
Seems like maybe another Aaron Francis type.

That's a big wrap, Francis played some of the most dominant footy anyone had played in the champs in years in his draft year. So what is it about Darcy that makes you rate him higher?
He is stronger, tougher, better skills and decision making and good agility. Francis slightly better overhead and quicker in straight lines. This isn't a dig at Francis either I've still got very high wraps for him but I feel Fogarty has some of the most potential I've seen from recent draftees

He is stronger, tougher, better skills and decision making and good agility. Francis slightly better overhead and quicker in straight lines. This isn't a dig at Francis either I've still got very high wraps for him but I feel Fogarty has some of the most potential I've seen from recent draftees

You've certainly watched a completely different player to me.

You've certainly watched a completely different player to me.

Can't base ability of two u18 championship games of 2017. You have to have followed him from u16's. He has all the attributes needed to perform at AFL level and be in top % of players when he peaks. Freakish talent.
A genuine footballer. His strength and power hasn't really been seen at U18 level for a few years.

Can't base ability of two u18 championship games of 2017. You have to have followed him from u16's. He has all the attributes needed to perform at AFL level and be in top % of players when he peaks. Freakish talent.
A genuine footballer. His strength and power hasn't really been seen at U18 level for a few years.
I can base my thoughts on whatever i want. Swift was a beast 16 year old, not so much AFL.
Rotham I thought was going to dominate in his draft year and let me down.
I'm choosing to base my thoughts more on recent form and ability. You can feel free to remember 16 year old Fogarty.

I can base my thoughts on whatever i want. Swift was a beast 16 year old, not so much AFL.
Rotham I thought was going to dominate in his draft year and let me down.
I'm choosing to base my thoughts more on recent form and ability. You can feel free to remember 16 year old Fogarty.

Your the only guy to rank him at 15? You know and should know you can base your knowledge off two games?
But of course everyone has their opinion mate and thats fair. Im just interested why your the only guy that does rankings/phantoms to have him outside the top 5?
Genuinely means you havents seen prior vision to the 2017 season, lots of kids to do stuff in there bottom age years or before to catch the eye of recruiters.
What are your dis likes about him?

Your the only guy to rank him at 15? You know and should know you can base your knowledge off two games?
But of course everyone has their opinion mate and thats fair. Im just interested why your the only guy that does rankings/phantoms to have him outside the top 5?
Genuinely means you havents seen prior vision to the 2017 season, lots of kids to do stuff in there bottom age years or before to catch the eye of recruiters.
What are your dis likes about him?
In my case ive only seen Sutherland twice so I have him much lower than others, I can see where LemmingMaster is coming from, when identifying talent you can only go off what you have seen or else it isn't genuine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back