Where is Shaunie Burgoyne at...

Remove this Banner Ad

As I said in my post, have a look at the Gold Coast game.
That's one game. Nobody is denying that he has slowed down some but he's still better than 90% of the players on AFL lists

As I said in my post, have a look at the Gold Coast game.

Yes, and you can add Luke Hodge after the 2012 grand final, and Sam Mitchell after the 2013 grand final.

They were shot!

Because one game means everything.

;)

i love Hodge, Gibson and Burgoyne, the issue is that they are all over 33 so therefore at the twilight of their careers, i've thought for 2 years that based purely on performance, Hodge and Gibson wouldnt be guaranteed a spot in the 22, but because of their leadership and mentoring abilities they have, its gotten to a point where HFC can get maybe 4-6 decent games per year out of these 2.

Burgoyne on the other hand has performed well, this year was the first time he has started to fall off a bit, but he is still performing quite well, despite him being the eldest at the club, i feel Burgoynes leadership isnt as important as the other 2, imo Burgoyne should probably get another year on his contract if he continues the current form he has shown, but i'm not against a bit of pain whilst our youth develop for the next premiership push.

Franklin kicked 0.6 again Friday night... can the Swans carry such poor accuracy? Can he play on next year being such a goal kicking liability?
And if you gave my grand mother 6 shots at goal she wouldn't score a goal with any of them either, and she's been dead for 25 years. Seems Lance Franklin is about as good at scoring goals as my dead grand mother.

Last edited:
I gotta ask.....who is Erin Phillips and why would she be the definitive source for Burgers career plans?
She's his sister in law

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picking up 10 votes from the coaches after putting up 26, 17 contested, 2 goals, 6 tackles, four clearances and a goal assists against the crows

Not bad for a bloke some want to retire as cooked......

I gotta ask.....who is Erin Phillips and why would she be the definitive source for Burgers career plans?
Is that the perso.who after 2014 grand final was complaining about Hawthorn supporters booing Adam Goodes and having a real sook because her self entitled swans lost?

Yep. By so far it ain't funny.
She is a star
The most exciting thing is that the incredibly high standard Phillips produced this year will be seen as average in 5-10 years as women's footy develops. It is a really exciting time for the sport.

Anyway, back on to Shaun Burgoyne.

384104_8257c64aa7b1c799347ab3dc5e74062a.png

The positive for Burgoyne is that his life after football is already set. Word is the AFL has a role for
him and no doubt the Hawks and many other clubs would be interested.
So retirement for Burgoyne is solely about his mental and physical state.
At this stage he goes around again.

I think he's a lock to go around again, hodgey, as good as he's been this year, i reckon is 100% done. Gibbo should go as well, but you never know

Is that the perso.who after 2014 grand final was complaining about Hawthorn supporters booing Adam Goodes and having a real sook because her self entitled swans lost?

It most certainly was not her.... as that day she was most definitely supporting Hawthorn. She became a very passionate and vocal Hawks supporter when Shaun crossed over.
Her father is former Port Adelaide Champion & Collingwood player Greg Phillips. Grew up a Port supporter but the entire family are now Hawks.
God knows who you're thinking of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back