Your sides best ever H + A victory?

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond v Sydney Round 23 2014. No better recently.
Beat 1st on the ladder to complete 9 game win streak and the turnaround from being =18th in round 14 to in the 8 at the end of Round 23.

Carlton v Sydney, round 6 2011 stands out to me.
horrible conditions, SCG, we had only beaten the Swans once since the turn of the century.
Judd went berserk in the last qtr and dragged us over the line.

rd 23 2013 v Port also stands out. comeback win that landed us a spot in the finals.

Tonight, or last week, or the week before. .

In all seriousness, given what was riding on the match, probably the round 21 match vs the Bulldogs in 2005 when White kicked the winner. We were about three goals down with five minutes to go, similar to tonight.
Remember that night very fondly. It was my 21st birthday and was just having a 'quiet night' at the footy as I'd had surgery a week earlier.

It ended up being a massive night of celebrations culminating in me walking from the city to my parent's house in Mount Waverley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same as some other Cats posters on here, either:

- 2011 beating Melbourne by 180+
- 2011 final round 96 point win vs Collingwood.
- 2012 Hawkins goal after siren.

St Kilda vs Brisbane Rd 6 2004

St Kilda vs Geelong Rd 14 2009
These two, plus coming back from 41 points down against sydney with under nine minutes remaining in 94. Locket kicked 11.
The away win against west coast in perth for Harvey's 350th was also very special - the eagles came back from 44 down to draw within 4 points late, with all the momentum, and then we simply overran them in the last five minutes.

Round 5 2015 v Swans at the SCG. We had started the season strongly after most had tipped us to finish bottom 4, and this win really proved that it wasn't just a flash in the pan (to the public and, I think, to the players themselves). Genuine watershed moment for the club.

They were pretty good. But I reckon that time when you played Carlton away was better.

That time was a great time indeed. But imo not as good a time as that time when we dominated Carlton at home.

For comebacks, against Geelong at Skilled, and prior to that the Dogs at the WACA in 1998.

Beating Essendon at the MCG, early 2000s I think, for the first time in awhile, Eagles fans waving their scarves lol.

Dead rubber for Sydney who rested a stack of players.
lol. But sure you're totally right, look how much they didn't care @ 4:58

Even a quote straight from the last quarter "You wouldn't know Sydney are safe and secure at the top of the ladder. They are still giving it everything".

But I sure love it when people try to bring up this excuse, its always fun to prove them completely wrong.

Lets look at the players missing from that team that played in the Grand Final team - Franklin, Kennedy, Bird and Pyke. Thats a rested "stack" of players? Minor premiers can't cover that insane list of outs, right?
They only had Hannebery, Malceski, Mitchell, Parker, Jack, Grundy, Shaw, Jetta, McVeigh, Lloyd, Rohan, Richards, Goodes, Reid, Tippet in the team. Barely a single good player!
They rested so many that they started as $1.33 favorites while Richmond was $3.35 to win!

Sad that any good Richmond win seems to have a reason why it wasn't actually a good win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back