Draft Profile Darcy Fogarty

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he still close to the No#1 pick in people's mind?

I suspect he is in the 3 - 7 range with players actually likely to play midfield full time and an actual KP player going first.

Has kicked 2 goals in each of his Championships games and was one of the better players in both academy games, just because he hasn't been dominating in the midfield doesn't mean he still hasn't looked good this year

If he wasn't already on the radar then he wouldn't be talked going top 10, let alone top 1 imo. not on his performances thus far this season.

he has shown glimpses. had moments.

a big reason he was talked about as a potential #1 pick was the possibility of becoming a big bodied midfielder. he has not shown much capacity to get much production out of the midfield at all. he's thrown his weight around a bit, but not much more than that.

If he wasn't already on the radar then he wouldn't be talked going top 10, let alone top 1 imo. not on his performances thus far this season.

a big reason he was talked about as a potential #1 pick was the possibility of becoming a big bodied midfielder. he has not shown much capacity to get much production out of the midfield at all. he's thrown his weight around a bit, but not much more than that.
Played some bulk minutes in the midfield for Glenelg last year, if you can find it watch the Glenelg vs South Adelaide Grand Final last year and watch some of his work in the midfield. Spent some time in the midfield in the SA All stars game earlier this year and looked superb. Dangerfield wasn't a proven midfielder when he was drafted but had showed signs. Fogarty has superstar qualities and at his size and the way he plays it would be crazy for a team to pass him in the top 5 imo.

Apparently he has a knee injury, so perhaps that is limiting his output atm.

I think the comparisons with Stringer are good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon that's a good point - I couldn't take him at No.1 and nor would the clubs I know. Been underwhelming despite a knee issue - never a good sign with Mick Ablett publicly gave him a clip on the SA v Allies game coverage.

If you're looking at him as a forward/midfielder in the Cam Rayner mould - I'd pick Rayner over him. I haven't minded him in defensive 50 when he's played there at times this year.

Reckon that's a good point - I couldn't take him at No.1 and nor would the clubs I know. Been underwhelming despite a knee issue - never a good sign with Mick Ablett publicly gave him a clip on the SA v Allies game coverage.

If you're looking at him as a forward/midfielder in the Cam Rayner mould - I'd pick Rayner over him. I haven't minded him in defensive 50 when he's played there at times this year.

Bishop where do you see him ( range ) being drafted ?

I must admit that after having seen him live I was very disappointed and thought his work as a forward was good, but his midfield minutes were pretty ordinary and displayed a lack of genuine understanding as to how best to play that role.

Kids still a genuine talent , just not top half a dozen for me.
be interested in your thoughts on him, in regard to where you have him going.

Bishop where do you see him ( range ) being drafted ?

I must admit that after having seen him live I was very disappointed and thought his work as a forward was good, but his midfield minutes were pretty ordinary and displayed a lack of genuine understanding as to how best to play that role.

Kids still a genuine talent , just not top half a dozen for me.
be interested in your thoughts on him, in regard to where you have him going.

7-15 for me at the moment, I still have him just inside my top 10 - but know certain people who know more than me that have him in the 10-20 category.

Given Fogarty's output this year is he tanking to get to Adelaide or Port?

Will Port or Adelaide pick him with their 1st pick if he is still available?

Injury did not help

Given Fogarty's output this year is he tanking to get to Adelaide or Port?

Will Port or Adelaide pick him with their 1st pick if he is still available?
Would imagine Adelaide will pounce with pick 10 from Melbourne if he's still available.

Reckon he'll get snapped up before 10 unfortunately. Maybe why AFC are playing tough in trade period as they need to trade up with 2 1st's into top 5 to get him

Don't see any of the other top 10s popping up and snapping Fogarty before he reaches (Melbourne) aka Adelaide's Pick 10. Couldn't see them passing on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back