Player Watch Moana Hope moved to Nth Melb. Where to now? Post # 313

Remove this Banner Ad

Mo played very well in the last two games.

Perhaps you need to remember that you are posting on the Pies board. You might also remember that Mo runs a small business that helps support her family, that she gets up at 4 in the morning to do this, and that she is also the full time carer of her disabled sister.

Perhaps that might help you with some context for your assessment of her 'being s**t'.
Importantly the last 2 weeks in particular have showed that Hope isn't limited to being just a stay at home forward; that she's extremely effective working up and ground while still pushing back to kick goals is going to make her even more of a threat in 2018.

Also as chance would have it I caught the end of Sunday night on channel 7 as I was typing this and Hope has a book coming out soon.
https://www.mup.com.au/items/9780522871524

Mo had a great third quarter today to finish off the season strongly. She was selfless. She stood up for her teammates. A lot of score involvements. A very good game. If we can get better in midfield she will dominate for us.

Looking pretty fit. I think she'll be disappointed with her first year and have a big one next year.

Yeah. She look lot better shape then during the Women's Season

Mo's VFLW return... with her new club Melbourne University... is this Saturday afternoon (July 8), 2pm at Plenty War Memorial Park.

Just to add some spice, the Diamond Creek v Melb Uni match is 1st v 2nd in the VFLW!

Free entry... and if you can't make it (here comes the plug) the game will be on RSN Carnival (digital radio) or online at rsn.net.au/digital-radio

Mo's VFLW return... with her new club Melbourne University... is this Saturday afternoon (July 8), 2pm at Plenty War Memorial Park.

Just to add some spice, the Diamond Creek v Melb Uni match is 1st v 2nd in the VFLW!

Free entry... and if you can't make it (here comes the plug) the game will be on RSN Carnival (digital radio) or online at rsn.net.au/digital-radio

Doubt many with go with both the AFL and VFL on at the Same Time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to hear she's finally becoming a professional athlete

Yes it is good to hear. Although only one year in to 'professional' athlete status. With the very low rates of salary, all the AFLW footballers still have to work other jobs to make ends meet. Mo runs a small business - so part professional? MO also has well publicised family care commitments.

So, again, it's great that she has found the time to increase her exercise program. That is showing some dedication.

So, again, it's great that she has found the time to increase her exercise program. That is showing some dedication.

One of the things that really stood out to me was the variance on fitness levels amongst a lot of the women. A lot of the ladies were genuine elite athletes and really stood out. Hopefully the work Mo is doing now will let her compete on that level and let her natural talent shine. She is genuinely inspiring and I'm so proud that she is at Collingwood and can't wait to see her back :)

I watched Mo on the weekend just being when Melbourne Uni Mugars v Western Spurs & it was a massive win for the Mugars & Mo was in super hot form kicking 6 of the teams 11 goals for the game! She's looking really good, can't wait for AFLW pre season training to start again mid November

Mo looking lean and mean in the SOO game tonight. Lost 8kg apparently.

She's kicked one, probably should have kicked a second from a set shot and has had a few other score involvements. Just involved in another.

Go Mo!

A few of our girls are up and about tonight. Garner looking the goods. Of course Chiocci. Still p'd off about losing Eva and Stevens.

But this is Mo's thread, and the work she's done in the gym, and with her diet, will hopefully pay off for her and us.

Mo looking lean and mean in the SOO game tonight. Lost 8kg apparently.

She's kicked one, probably should have kicked a second from a set shot and has had a few other score involvements. Just involved in another.

Go Mo!
Hopefully we learn and can give her similar delivery to tonight too. Hope is most dangerous leading up into space rather than battling 2 on 1 with the footy on her head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back