Picola & District NW 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's everyone's thoughts on Tocumwal and Blighty this year? Have heard mixed speculations on both sides. Have Toc got the ability to have an impact in September this year?

Are the Hume umpire's working or not? Was at the Berrigan Strathy game yesterday, and it was the worst umpiring performance I have ever witnessed. More often than not I couldn't find any reason for a free kick being paid. Credit to both teams for keeping their composure for almost the whole game, disappointing the umpires composure couldn't match the effort put in by the players

Are the Hume umpire's working or not? Was at the Berrigan Strathy game yesterday, and it was the worst umpiring performance I have ever witnessed. More often than not I couldn't find any reason for a free kick being paid. Credit to both teams for keeping their composure for almost the whole game, disappointing the umpires composure couldn't match the effort put in by the players
What is your umpiring experience or qualification ?

Retired from the job about 5 years ago actually

What retired from boundary umpire as a thirds kid?? You are only 21 afterall :D

Interesting you pick this week to bring up the umpires. You know why we have our own umps right?

Well this week pretty much vindicated the stance the league has taken.

Good old AFLGM smashing a small struggling club in kdfl with hefty penalties for a breach of the points system. A breach which still saw them lose the game by a big margin.

Let's not be reasonable and see if exceptions are warranted and more points allocated (as is done in other leagues) nah not AFLGM just go whack!!

then they scapegoat the coach by smacking him with a hefty penalty. A coach who put his hand up to try and reinvigorate a struggling club.

Picola League is about community football. AFLGM once again proves they have no clue what clubs mean to their communities.

What retired from boundary umpire as a thirds kid?? You are only 21 afterall :D

Interesting you pick this week to bring up the umpires. You know why we have our own umps right?

Well this week pretty much vindicated the stance the league has taken.

Good old AFLGM smashing a small struggling club in kdfl with hefty penalties for a breach of the points system. A breach which still saw them lose the game by a big margin.

Let's not be reasonable and see if exceptions are warranted and more points allocated (as is done in other leagues) nah not AFLGM just go whack!!

then they scapegoat the coach by smacking him with a hefty penalty. A coach who put his hand up to try and reinvigorate a struggling club.

Picola League is about community football. AFLGM once again proves they have no clue what clubs mean to their communities.

Sorry. Should have made it more clear that i was taking the position of armchair critic, I know that umpires do the best they can. And the umpiring association that the league created is doing an admirable job. My issue is with the umpire's coming from the Hume region, they are obviously the leftovers from their association. I'm not here to take pot shots at people, but often it's a matter of player safety when the umpiring isn't up to scratch.

I've got no time for AFLGM and the way that they have treated Longwood is appalling. Although if you are paying attention you will notice that most of the 15k fine is suspended till 2019 (so likely will never have to be paid). As for the weeks the coach has to sit out for trying to do the the right thing, that is unacceptable.

Sorry. Should have made it more clear that i was taking the position of armchair critic, I know that umpires do the best they can. And the umpiring association that the league created is doing an admirable job. My issue is with the umpire's coming from the Hume region, they are obviously the leftovers from their association. I'm not here to take pot shots at people, but often it's a matter of player safety when the umpiring isn't up to scratch.

I've got no time for AFLGM and the way that they have treated Longwood is appalling. Although if you are paying attention you will notice that most of the 15k fine is suspended till 2019 (so likely will never have to be paid). As for the weeks the coach has to sit out for trying to do the the right thing, that is unacceptable.

I was referring to the $2500 payable by instalments up to October 2018 being a hefty fine.

It shows me they aren't interested in minor league community clubs as such if given full "ownership" (let's be frank they think they own us anyway) they will slowly strangle minor clubs until they only have premier leagues and junior comps left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi class game of footy. Both teams missing key personal from there best team. Strathy seemed like they wanted it a bit more at this time round. Could be a 3 horse race from here on in.
I think that is a very fair assesment going to be a absolute belting run to and finals series. Wouldn't be surprised if the , semi, prelim and GF have less than kick in them.
Very hard to pick a favourite from here.

6 rounds 2 go any1 wanna hav a go at

Premiers =
Runner up =
League bnf =
Runner up bnf=
Rising star =
Goal kicking =

Premiers = Strathy
Runner up = Blighty
League bnf = Brain
Runner up bnf= May
Rising star = Jorgenson
Goal kicking = Irvine

hey guys, sorry if this is the wrong post to put this on but im wanting some stats on a luke ryan who played a few years back for yarroweyah in 2nds

Way to early to make a call on a premier IMO and it's unlikely any of those who occupy the top 3 will be near full strength for a while.
Blighty - have just welcomed back peers and both Plattfluss'.
Picola - Have a few injuries to players like walker whilst they have a bloke in the twos whose name escapes ATM who is a gun getting fitness. Botterill has been super for them IMO.
Strathy - Have a few injuries, Canfield is getting better every week after joining them lately , whilst Pinnick will no doubt be a big inclusion should he qualify ?

Last edited:
Way to early to make a call on a premier IMO and it's unlikely any of those who occupy the top 3 will be near full strength for a while.
Blighty - have just welcomed back peers and both Plattfluss'.
Picola - Have a few injuries to players like walker whilst they have a bloke in the twos whose name escapes ATM who is a gun getting fitness. Botterill has been super for them IMO.
Strathy - Have a few injuries, Canfield is getting better every week after joining them lately , whilst Pinnick will no doubt be a big inclusion should he qualify ?

Couldn't agree more, 6 weeks out from finals now though so teams would wanna be putting the pieces together. Red hot footy today between blighty and strathy. Canfield looks to be out for awhile now though - dislocated knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back