Political Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because you say it doesn't make it true, and living in Canberra the leftist centre of the Universe you would very rarely come across anyone with differing views to yourself. You're right out there with Doug Cameron and Kim Carr, bordering on the lunatic fringes.
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

There's no need to paint me as being something I'm not, just to try and justify your own extremely biased view of the world. You're an extreme right winger - own it, don't try and pretend that you're something you're not. You're nowhere near the centre, and anyone who has ever read your posts would know that. Don't claim to be near the middle, when everyone knows you're on the far right. There's nothing inherently wrong with being on the far right, we all read your posts with that in mind and roll our eyes thinking "here he goes again". You are who you are. Own it, and don't try to be something you're not.

Once you've accepted your own position on the spectrum, then you can start to understand that there is a whole wide spectrum to the left of you, and I'm nowhere near the far end of that spectrum.

I'm nowhere near Doug Cameron and Kim Carr.. and even they're nowhere near the far left. The far left is occupied by the green nut jobs, who are well to the left of even the most rabid unionists.

I see John McEnroe is getting called out for dare saying that Serena Williams would only be ranked 700 if playing in the mens draw.

All the armchair tennis fans are outraged.

http://indaily.com.au/sport/tennis/2017/06/28/no-mcenroe-apology-serena-sledge/

Nice note at the bottom about that guy ranked 203rd in the world who beat Venus & Serena 6-1 and 6-2 in an exhibition match.

I also remember Darren Cahill once mentioning that he used to play the great Steffi Graf in training matches, and he would wipe the floor with her.

Everyone's too keen to get offended these days - you're not allowed to speak the truth.

If I were Serena, then I'd take that as a compliment - only 699 male tennis players in the world who are better than her. Given the physiological advantages that male athletes have over female athletes, that says that she's still an absolutely outstanding athlete in her own right (regardless of gender).

Here are some sample world records, for comparing male vs female physiologies...
100m Sprint
men - 9.59 sec
women - 10.59 sec (set by a runner who later died as a result of the drugs she took while competing)

800m
men: 1:40.91
women: 1:53.28

Marathon
men - 2:02:57
women - 2:17:01

50m Freestyle
men - 20.91
women - 23.73

400m Freestyle
men - 3:40.07
women - 3:56.46

On average, the women's records are about 10% slower than the men's. If we assume that elite men's tennis players have a 10% natural physiological advantage over her, then how awesome is she if only 699 of them are actually better tennis players than her?

There's no need to paint me as being something I'm not, just to try and justify your own extremely biased view of the world. You're an extreme right winger - own it, don't try and pretend that you're something you're not. You're nowhere near the centre, and anyone who has ever read your posts would know that. Don't claim to be near the middle, when everyone knows you're on the far right. There's nothing inherently wrong with being on the far right, we all read your posts with that in mind and roll our eyes thinking "here he goes again". You are who you are. Own it, and don't try to be something you're not.

Once you've accepted your own position on the spectrum, then you can start to understand that there is a whole wide spectrum to the left of you, and I'm nowhere near the far end of that spectrum.

I'm nowhere near Doug Cameron and Kim Carr.. and even they're nowhere near the far left. The far left is occupied by the green nut jobs, who are well to the left of even the most rabid unionists.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to that as I am.

My opinion is you're a long way from the centre left guy you see yourself as and I do take offense at the continual Genghis Khan references you and your "centrist" ally Kristof run up the flagpole every time you disagree with me. Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

If I were Serena, then I'd take that as a compliment - only 699 male tennis players in the world who are better than her. Given the physiological advantages that male athletes have over female athletes, that says that she's still an absolutely outstanding athlete in her own right (regardless of gender).

Here are some sample world records, for comparing male vs female physiologies...
100m Sprint
men - 9.59 sec
women - 10.59 sec (set by a runner who later died as a result of the drugs she took while competing)

800m
men: 1:40.91
women: 1:53.28

Marathon
men - 2:02:57
women - 2:17:01

50m Freestyle
men - 20.91
women - 23.73

400m Freestyle
men - 3:40.07
women - 3:56.46

On average, the women's records are about 10% slower than the men's. If we assume that elite men's tennis players have a 10% natural physiological advantage over her, then how awesome is she if only 699 of them are actually better tennis players than her?
exactly, but a lot of group think these days doesn't accept logical arguments like that

EDIT: for good measure, as relevant now as the day it was written:

Last edited:
That's your opinion and you're entitled to that as I am.

My opinion is you're a long way from the centre left guy you see yourself as and I do take offense at the continual Genghis Khan references you and your "centrist" ally Kristof run up the flagpole every time you disagree with me. Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.
Put it this way... on a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 as the most rabid idiotic left wing greenie nut job, and 100 as Cory Bernardi.

I rate you around 92-96, and myself around 44-46. I'm left of centre, but nowhere near as far left as you are to the right.

Genghis Khan comes in around 88-90.

Put it this way... on a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 as the most rabid idiotic left wing greenie nut job, and 100 as Cory Bernardi.

I rate you around 92-96, and myself around 44-46. I'm left of centre, but nowhere near as far left as you are to the right.

GGF

Seriously, I don't think you realise just how far to the right you are - at least how extreme you come across with your posting on BF. Maybe you're not that extreme in real life, and you just come across that way in your posting.

Pretty obvious Carmo's not a pensioner or unemployed or one of the people of whom there are many living from pay to pay just to survive.

Re pensions, Carmo doesn't trust the government (regardless of if its labor or liberal) one little bit on super or any money or economic related thing really. Carmo has taken actions in his life to do his best to insulate himself from needing any government support in his later life (no debt, house off grid, working on self sufficient garden etc, almost a doomsday prepper i suppose). Carmo highly advises for you and everyone to do this.

Carmo has been unemployed for two periods since 2006, both about 6 months. Get a degree his grandparents told him, that way you'll always have a job they told him, little did they know that I have two and still have occasional periods of unemployment. The world's not quite gone the way they thought it would, thats for sure.

Looking at my first point above, obviously I do my best not to live pay to pay, my parents lived like that and it made me strongly motivated to get an education so I didn't have to repeat the experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re pensions, Carmo doesn't trust the government (regardless of if its labor or liberal) one little bit on super or any money or economic related thing really. Carmo has taken actions in his life to do his best to insulate himself from needing any government support in his later life (no debt, house off grid, working on self sufficient garden etc, almost a doomsday prepper i suppose). Carmo highly advises for you and everyone to do this.

Carmo has been unemployed for two periods since 2006, both about 6 months. Get a degree his grandparents told him, that way you'll always have a job they told him, little did they know that I have two and still have occasional periods of unemployment. The world's not quite gone the way they thought it would, thats for sure.

Looking at my first point above, obviously I do my best not to live pay to pay, my parents lived like that and it made me strongly motivated to get an education so I didn't have to repeat the experience.

Ramify likes Carmo.

IMHO the Libs' leadership/vision/policy is far worse than Labor. Based on their record, the only thing keeping Labor in office is the fact the Libs aren't even an alternative.
I don't think the majority of voters want to willingly choose either party.

Reckon the Xman's party could end up with the balance of power.

And Kristof at 50.000000

I don't think the majority of voters want to willingly choose either party.

Reckon the Xman's party could end up with the balance of power.

Xenophon should do well - he's been the defacto State Opposition Leader (in terms of trying to keeping Govt honest through the media) for years.

And it shows the system is broken when people vote for Option C - not because Option C is somehow brilliant - but because Option A and Option B suck balls.

In 2007 we ended up with KRudd because he wasn't Howard. Then we got Gillard because she wasn't as bad as Rudd. Then, after another KRudd shuffle because he wasn't Gillard, we got Abbott because he wasn't Labor. Now we've got Turnbull because he's not Abbott.

Any wonder we're in the s**t?

Bicks, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Tony Abbott's latest manifesto - as per recent his "Make Australia Work Again" speech.

His key points (as reported by the media) were:
  1. Moratorium on new wind farms.
  2. Freezing the Renewable Energy Target at 15%.
  3. Temporary reduction in immigration numbers.
  4. Referendum to allow a joint sitting of Parliament, without requiring a Double Dissolution.
  5. No new Government spending, except on National Security and Economic Infrastructure.
  6. Construction of another "big coal-fired power station".
What are your thoughts on these policy suggestions? Your answers will go some way towards me re-assessing where I place you on that 1-100 political scale from yesterday.

Bicks, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Tony Abbott's latest manifesto - as per recent his "Make Australia Work Again" speech.

His key points (as reported by the media) were:
  1. Moratorium on new wind farms.
  2. Freezing the Renewable Energy Target at 15%.
  3. Temporary reduction in immigration numbers.
  4. Referendum to allow a joint sitting of Parliament, without requiring a Double Dissolution.
  5. No new Government spending, except on National Security and Economic Infrastructure.
  6. Construction of another "big coal-fired power station".
What are your thoughts on these policy suggestions? Your answers will go some way towards me re-assessing where I place you on that 1-100 political scale from yesterday.
I'm not Bicks but more to the right of some.

Abbott is a looney and proved an abject failure as PM.

That he still gets oxygen is just the media trolling everybody.

However

1. Agree
2. Disagree sort of. Target should not be driver though.
3. Disagree but should cease immigration in Sydney. If you want to come to Aus, come to Adelaide, Hobart or the regionals. Not where it's already over crowded
4. Whatevs
5. Not practical
6. Yeah, probably not.

I'm not Bicks but more to the right of some.

Abbott is a looney and proved an abject failure as PM.

That he still gets oxygen is just the media trolling everybody.

However

1. Agree
2. Disagree sort of. Target should not be driver though.
3. Disagree but should cease immigration in Sydney. If you want to come to Aus, come to Adelaide, Hobart or the regionals. Not where it's already over crowded
4. Whatevs
5. Not practical
6. Yeah, probably not.
That probably puts you about 60-65 on the spectrum.

For the record, I disagree strongly with every single one of his suggestions. Suggestions #5 and #6 are contradictory, and #6 represents a complete reversal on his thinking when he allowed the Australian vehicle manufacturing industry to die because he didn't see any point in the Government continuing to prop it up.

You do have a valid point though about immigrants being forced to go somewhere other than Sydney & Melbourne. I can definitely see a benefit to this.

I agree 100% with your comments about Abbott.

setting renewable energy targets is such a joke, its like leaving a note on the fridge to remind them to do something about it later. You just end up with short-term, half-baked plans that are more expensive than they need to be and leave people in the dark.

no prizes for working out why our politicians operate in this fashion of course.

I LOL'd

1. Moratorium on new wind farms. - stupid wind taking all our jobs, except wind-farm construction jobs
  2. Freezing the Renewable Energy Target at 15%. - stupid renewable energy taking all our jobs, except renewable energy making jobs
  3. Temporary reduction in immigration numbers. - Abbott is a fine old Aboriginal name, hear hear. Aren't we still merit-based?
  4. Referendum to allow a joint sitting of Parliament, without requiring a Double Dissolution. - nooooooooooooooooo
  5. No new Government spending, except on National Security and Economic Infrastructure. - i'm a big fan of infrastructure...
  6. Construction of another "big coal-fired power station". - what about small coal? yeah nah.
Abbott trying to position himself as Trump. Which makes sense since he's just about as big an idiot.

As for Genghis Khan:

In addition to laws regarding family, food, and the army, Genghis also decreed religious freedom and supported domestic and international trade. He exempted the poor and the clergy from taxation.[23] He also encouraged literacy, adopting the Uyghur script.

What about all the good things Genghis Khan did?

Not really politics, but I'm wondering what the general view on Pell being summonsed to appear is. There's a fair part of me that wants him to go down for this whether he's guilty or not. One high ranking priest who would have been up to his ears in moving filth around the country unjustly imprisoned against all those innocent victims the entire church couldn't give a s**t about. It's not enough, but it'll be better than nothing. Some would argue that it would be better if he is innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back