slim18

Premiership Player
May 30, 2005
At the top of the heap
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Moose Jaw Warriors, Saskatchewan
Horror day for Goorambat. Cole, Dalton and Webb all done by halftime. Skilbeck injured in the third and Relf sent off meant they only had 16 on the ground. And McKean hurt his hand in the last. Lucky they're only playing Tarra next week

Haha Nonch...dare we say they'll be " Glenrowaned, sorry I mean under manned" then next week. As you saw though mate they didn't give up.. Yappa's finger looked pretty ordinary.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

nonch

All Australian
Jun 4, 2008
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
san antonio spurs

I only got a quick squiz at his hand as he came off, but was his finger pointing in completely the wrong direction?

And you're right slim - given the circumstances I thought they were very good.

slim18

Premiership Player
May 30, 2005
At the top of the heap
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I only got a quick squiz at his hand as he came off, but was his finger pointing in completely the wrong direction?

And you're right slim - given the circumstances I thought they were very good.

Yeah mate they didn't give up. Next week will be tough for them tho

The Bunyip

Team Captain
Jan 23, 2012
Upper Kumbuckta West
AFL Club
Carlton
Said it before but I saw Glenrowan absolutely thump Bright today but there was 4 or 5 seniors players for Bright running around in the twos. Very poor from them unless the coach isn't picking them for some reason. Beating up on sides in the twos and letting the seniors get a flogging. Very Ordinary I think

Heard from a number of Bright people the day we played up there that the coach is only selecting those who training regularly. The players you speak of either can't or won't commit to training Tuesdays & Thursdays.

nonch

All Australian
Jun 4, 2008
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
san antonio spurs
Goorambat has had its round eight win over Milawa overturned due to being over the points cap. Safe to say that is going to rule out any chance the Bats had of finishing second.

navyblueman

All Australian
Dec 9, 2009
North east
AFL Club
GWS
Goorambat has had its round eight win over Milawa overturned due to being over the points cap. Safe to say that is going to rule out any chance the Bats had of finishing second.
I look forward to reading the full write up in Wednesdays paper, but loss of 4 points and a $500 suspended fine seems reasonable for an accidental breach. An intentional breach would have to be substantially more than that you would think.

Get it forward

All Australian
Nov 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
I look forward to reading the full write up in Wednesdays paper, but loss of 4 points and a $500 suspended fine seems reasonable for an accidental breach. An intentional breach would have to be substantially more than that you would think.

Interesting that Goorambat in my opinion are blaming others for their stuff up. As a club you are given player points at the start of the year.

Just because a player only played 15 minutes is irrelevant.
It's up to the club to make sure they don't go over, not asking Zac on the day who is playing football himself!

Cop your whack ! Don't blame others

RATPACK

Debutant
Jan 15, 2008
ON A ROAD TO KNOW WHERE
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Interesting that Goorambat in my opinion are blaming others for their stuff up. As a club you are given player points at the start of the year.

Just because a player only played 15 minutes is irrelevant.
It's up to the club to make sure they don't go over, not asking Zac on the day who is playing football himself!

Cop your whack ! Don't blame others

Totally agree every club knows it is the club job to have points verified at the start of the year
its not Zac job to do this on a Saturday because Goorambat can not get there s**t together
For a Club going this close to the points every week & with giving an extra 2 points you would
think they would of already made sure of all there player points
I think they where lucky to get off this lightly I am sure there where plenty of other player they
would have known where 1 point players in there 2s but maybe they where no good

nonch

All Australian
Jun 4, 2008
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
san antonio spurs
I think they where lucky to get off this lightly I am sure there where plenty of other player they
would have known where 1 point players in there 2s but maybe they where no good

Fair enough it was a silly mistake, but you're talking about a bloke who hadn't played a senior match in three years - they weren't trying to sneak a gun player into the side! What would you consider a fair punishment?

Capper Ablett

Debutant
Jul 24, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Heard a few stories regarding North Wang's Mikka Powell?
Any one confirm he was reported for a very bad act last Sunday?

RunSlim

Debutant
May 4, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Another good round this week with a few vital games.

Moyhu should easily take care of Bright - At Bright you'd have to feel sorry for the McGoos and the early netball games - It could be bloody freezing. Moyhu by 10 goals

Benalla are on the march and should account for Milawa. Benalla by 35 points

Greta vs King Valley could be match of the round. This is a must win for KV if they want to stay in touch with the 6. They should do it without too many problems (by 25 pts)

Tarrawingee vs Goorambat & District. Very interesting match - it looked like the best game of the round, that was until their game last weekend and the investigation. The Big question is - Have the wheels fallen off for the bats. Tarra will want to rub salt into the wounds - Tarra by 75pts.

Whorouly vs Bonnie Doon - BD by 20.

North Wangaratta vs Glenrowan - Glenrowan, flat track bullies by 160.

dazztastic

Rookie
Apr 6, 2012
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I heard he was hit first, then he hit back and the umpire saw it. Started a decent all-in apparently.
if you call striking back after being hit by 2 players while held a bad act so be he got 3 weeks and plenty others should have been reported made a scape goat by the umpire always the return act that gets done not the cheap ones that jumped in first

navyblueman

All Australian
Dec 9, 2009
North east
AFL Club
GWS
Another good round this week with a few vital games.

Moyhu should easily take care of Bright - At Bright you'd have to feel sorry for the McGoos and the early netball games - It could be bloody freezing. Moyhu by 10 goals

Benalla are on the march and should account for Milawa. Benalla by 35 points

Greta vs King Valley could be match of the round. This is a must win for KV if they want to stay in touch with the 6. They should do it without too many problems (by 25 pts)

Tarrawingee vs Goorambat & District. Very interesting match - it looked like the best game of the round, that was until their game last weekend and the investigation. The Big question is - Have the wheels fallen off for the bats. Tarra will want to rub salt into the wounds - Tarra by 75pts.

Whorouly vs Bonnie Doon - BD by 20.

North Wangaratta vs Glenrowan - Glenrowan, flat track bullies by 160.

Fair old touch up for the Bats today, plenty of injuries I know, but you have to worry about the next month or so for them. The season could go pear shaped if they can't get some back in the park.

RunSlim

Debutant
May 4, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fair old touch up for the Bats today, plenty of injuries I know, but you have to worry about the next month or so for them. The season could go pear shaped if they can't get some back in the park.

I went to the game on Saturday. Actually - I should rephrase that: I was subjected to watching Goorambat play on Saturday. What a miserable display.

Just to give it a little context for those that didn't have the pleasure of watching 4 quarters of s#%t football... At the first bounce the bats positioned their last line of attack at Center Half Forward. By the 15 minute mark of the 1st quarter every single Goorambat player was in the Tarra 1/2 of the ground. And it stayed that way. It was a joke.

I mean seriously, if you're not even going to have a dip, why even bother turning up?

CurryMagic

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2015
2008 AFL GF, 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Showtime Lakers are back
I went to the game on Saturday. Actually - I should rephrase that: I was subjected to watching Goorambat play on Saturday. What a miserable display.

Just to give it a little context for those that didn't have the pleasure of watching 4 quarters of s#%t football... At the first bounce the bats positioned their last line of attack at Center Half Forward. By the 15 minute mark of the 1st quarter every single Goorambat player was in the Tarra 1/2 of the ground. And it stayed that way. It was a joke.

I mean seriously, if you're not even going to have a dip, why even bother turning up?

Very negative mindset. You're right, at least have a crack.

Outside the sq

Senior List
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Obviously the umpires have a problem! Just like them. Completely obvious it was umpire no2 that caused Bugg to belt Mills! And if the umpire had " kept control" , the AFL dude , wouldn't have belted anyone!
Both should go via the police too. Would help Mills in civil damages later on. (Note he is out of contract and may struggle to get back in)
Maybe he'll name the umpires as the major defendant!
If umpires wanted to referee fights there'd be a que for the next title fight. Might pay a bit more than an O & K game?

arnthehawks

Debutant
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You drunk?
Obviously the umpires have a problem! Just like them. Completely obvious it was umpire no2 that caused Bugg to belt Mills! And if the umpire had " kept control" , the AFL dude , wouldn't have belted anyone!
Both should go via the police too. Would help Mills in civil damages later on. (Note he is out of contract and may struggle to get back in)
Maybe he'll name the umpires as the major defendant!
If umpires wanted to referee fights there'd be a que for the next title fight. Might pay a bit more than an O & K game?
ou

Outside the sq

Senior List
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
You drunk?

ou
I think the O&K have a history of on ground assault being referred to Police , and subsequent court action.
The inference was from "dazztastic" that the umpires were biased against B.D.
As I inferred , they are not there to referee fights.
And as I also inferred, anytime there is a fight, or hit off the ball, it is the umpires fault.
And as I inferred , assault , is assault.
Play footy.
Do I need to SPELL IT OUT?
Sober

Thats Ambitious

Debutant
Apr 13, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
German sycronised weight-lifting
I think the inference from Dazztastic is that it takes two to tango.

Unless it is an incident like the Bugg hit, unprovoked and out of nowhere, it seems unusual for only one player, and not all players involved, to get sent off.

dazztastic

Rookie
Apr 6, 2012
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

Unless it is an incident like the Bugg hit, unprovoked and out of nowhere, it seems unusual for only one player, and not all players involved, to get sent off.
at least some people can read statements the right way pretty simple wording and never said it was the umpires fault

Outside the sq

Senior List
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne

I suppose it is pretty easy to send the "hitee" off. Just point the stretcher towards the boundary line.
By the posts , if I'm not mistaken, BD have had players sent off two weeks in a row, and 3 in 1 game?
Don't think I've ever heard of 3 in game sent off, new O&K record? Other than a melee ? Not even then to my memory.
I would think the usual is to send 1 player off.

slim18

Premiership Player
May 30, 2005
At the top of the heap
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I suppose it is pretty easy to send the "hitee" off. Just point the stretcher towards the boundary line.
By the posts , if I'm not mistaken, BD have had players sent off two weeks in a row, and 3 in 1 game?
Don't think I've ever heard of 3 in game sent off, new O&K record? Other than a melee ? Not even then to my memory.
I would think the usual is to send 1 player off.

Did Doon lose anyone thru suspension. A bit rough if they did

Back