Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be more useful to look at 3 or 5 round averages to gauge current form? Really doesn't matter what players have averaged to date, just what they're scoring now and from now on.
But what they have averaged in the past 3 weeks certainly doesn't mean that they will continue to do so. I personally agree with Happy Eagle's original idea.

Interesting, this is my team in this format:

DEF
MID
Ruc
1, (2,3 or gawn[trade])
FWD
That is an unbelievably strong side. Using the simple formula of simply adding all the rankings you total 144. Even after taking into account my two midfield upgrades of Zorko and Jelwood over the next 2-3 weeks I will total 202. Jelwood's rank of 45 blows that out a little bit as he is certainly better than that. My rankings are/will be:
Def: 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 11
Mids: 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 12, 36, 45
Ruck: 2, 3
Fwd: 2, 3, 7, 10, 12, 18

Here is an interesting exercise to see the depth of sides

Go through each position (ordered by average) and list the ranks of the players you have.
For me (excluding benches)

DEF: 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 26
Heath Shaw the obvious outlier there ranked 26th for Defenders. Also not owning Docherty is painful

MID: 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 15, 36, 93
Greenwood obviously M8 at this stage and should become Jelwood in a few weeks. JPK at 36 ideally should come home strong

RUC: 1, 3
Martin and Grundy like most, pretty happy to keep this setup as well. Reckon Martin will lift late in the season like he did last year.

FWD: 1, 2, 3, 6, 12, 18
Not too bad in the forward line, with Nank 18th ranked my F6.

One thing I get from that is that I should perhaps be more worried about carrying Shaw on field (26th), than Nank on field (18th).
DEF: 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 26
Heath Shaw the loser there for me ATM.

MID: 1, 4, 7, 8, 12, 14, 26, 29
Scott Selwood at 29 will (fingers crossed) most likely be upgraded in the coming weeks.

RUC: 1, 3
Standard.

FWD: 1, 2, 6, 10, 12, 18
Wingard at 10 should rise if he continues to play in the midfield.

Def:
1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8

Mid:
1, 2, 4, 14, 15, 36, 42, 48

Ruck:
2, 3

Fwd:

Just to compare to someone close to my rank..

Coinz total: 144
My total: 245

Coins rank: 71
My rank: 51

Should note that I have brought in Hannebery and JPK at a cheaper price well into the year and both had performed very well since entering my side (until Hanneberys last couple).

My only poorly ranked player (apart from Nank at F6) that I started with was Heppell who has been terrible of late.

My major run up the rankings was actually behind players I brought in like Kreuzer, Pendlebury and Hanners along with the turn around in form from Wingard and Billings and apart from Kruezer, none of their rankings are all that flash.

Where is everyone finding all the ranks for there players in each line i can see by clicking on the player u get there overall rank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is everyone finding all the ranks for there players in each line i can see by clicking on the player u get there overall rank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go to Players
Use the filters tab to select just backmen, midfielders etc..
Sort by Average
Refer to grey number
n8XFT7K.png

Is everyone ranking based on average or total points?

Newman for example is ranked 31st on points for a defender, but would be much higher up on average
Average is a better measure I think, as you want to measure how your side is set up going forward so in this instance whether or not a player has missed games really shouldn't come into calculation

Average is a better measure I think, as you want to measure how your side is set up going forward so in this instance whether or not a player has missed games really shouldn't come into calculation
Imo average can be misleading because of injury scores like concussions.

Lloyd and Lynch for example are top players in their position imo, but because they copped concussion scores they are ranked much lower.

You could hold a great average all year, but when you're missing 4-5-6 games a season through rests/minor injuries, you don't deserve to be considered top in your position imo because of games missed, look at GAJ for example here, no doubt an inferior reserve would've been used here to replace said players output that week also.

Someone like Heeney who hasn't missed a game since returning from GL I'd be more sympathetic for though, as he was purely an upgrade target and he fronts up every week so you're getting value for money out of him.

Def:
1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8

Mid:
1, 2, 4, 14, 15, 36, 42, 48

Ruck:
2, 3

Fwd:

Just to compare to someone close to my rank..

Coinz total: 144
My total: 245

Coins rank: 71
My rank: 51

Should note that I have brought in Hannebery and JPK at a cheaper price well into the year and both had performed very well since entering my side (until Hanneberys last couple).

My only poorly ranked player (apart from Nank at F6) that I started with was Heppell who has been terrible of late.

My major run up the rankings was actually behind players I brought in like Kreuzer, Pendlebury and Hanners along with the turn around in form from Wingard and Billings and apart from Kruezer, none of their rankings are all that flash.
In hindsight totalling the rankings doesn't really tell the story as the scores from the different positions vary so much. eg the 3rd ranked forward in Heeney has the same average as the 42nd midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In hindsight totalling the rankings doesn't really tell the story as the scores from the different positions vary so much. eg the 3rd ranked forward in Heeney has the same average as the 42nd midfielder.

What would be interesting is to do a similar thing at the end of the year but with your starting side.

2017 - Round 16.jpg
My team is as above. Given the recent interest in trading in Darcy as R2/R3 (rotating Nank depending on the week), looking at the trades of Gawn vs Darcy and how it would affect future trades, two options below:

Option 1
Wk16: Stewart > Witherden (dpp lloyd), Parsons > Gawn
Wk17: Greenwood > Rocky
Wk18: Ryans > Rookie, Scooter /Fyfe > Treloar
Wk19: Shaw > Simpson (2 trades left)

Option 1
Wk16: Stewart > Witherden (dpp lloyd), Parsons > Darcy
Wk17: Greenwood > Rocky, Scooter/Fyfe > Treloar
Wk18: Scooter > Dusty, Shaw > Simpson (2 trades left)

TLDR: Option 1 (Gawn and Fyfe/Scooter) vs Option 2 (Darcy/Nank and Dusty).

Trading in Darcy over Gawn sounds a bit silly, but having Dusty over Fyfe/Scooter to salvage my midfield sounds pretty damn good to me. Thoughts?

DTR16.png
So here is my team with 6 trades left. Every trade really matters now so I'm trying to decide on how to best go into my cash league finals.

Do I trade to have the best bench cover available which will help in case of any late changes (hopefully leaving me with Newman D7, Scooter M9, Miller F7), but leaving Nank as F6, Gawn as R2, and Shaw as D6.

OR

Trade for best available on field team meaning I upgrade Shaw, Miller and Scooter and leave rookies on the bench for cover, basically meaning if I have a late change I lose..

What are other peoples strategies?

View attachment 388731
So here is my team with 6 trades left. Every trade really matters now so I'm trying to decide on how to best go into my cash league finals.

Do I trade to have the best bench cover available which will help in case of any late changes (hopefully leaving me with Newman D7, Scooter M9, Miller F7), but leaving Nank as F6, Gawn as R2, and Shaw as D6.

OR

Trade for best available on field team meaning I upgrade Shaw, Miller and Scooter and leave rookies on the bench for cover, basically meaning if I have a late change I lose..

What are other peoples strategies?
Keeping in mind that you are talking cash league finals rather than points chasing this is what I would do.
With only 6 trades left and no money in the bank you are a little hamstrung. I certainly wouldn't be wasting either on players sitting on the bench.
your back line is solid and apart from Lloyd's concussion play week after week hence having both Ryan and Scharenberg on bench is a waste. I would trade Scharenberg for a $109K def/mid. But that is a trade for later if need be.
Two trades I feel you need to make this week are: Beams/Scooter for Witherden. No point in having either of them sitting on the bench and this gives you a heap of cash to be used later. Touk Miller to Darcy putting Nank back to the forward line which now gives you a fwd/rck link with Cameron. You now have over $709K in bank with 4 trades left. Greenwood gives you cover for your fwds, Witherden/Mountford gives you cover for the mids and Ryan (who is improving every week) covers your defence. I would hang on to them until finals unless you cop a lti between now and then but with over $700K in the bank you have all the options in the world.
My side is a little different where I have also brought in Josh Thomas giving me even more DPP flexibility.
That is just my humble opinion anyway. Hope it helps.

Keeping in mind that you are talking cash league finals rather than points chasing this is what I would do.
With only 6 trades left and no money in the bank you are a little hamstrung. I certainly wouldn't be wasting either on players sitting on the bench.
your back line is solid and apart from Lloyd's concussion play week after week hence having both Ryan and Scharenberg on bench is a waste. I would trade Scharenberg for a $109K def/mid. But that is a trade for later if need be.
Two trades I feel you need to make this week are: Beams/Scooter for Witherden. No point in having either of them sitting on the bench and this gives you a heap of cash to be used later. Touk Miller to Darcy putting Nank back to the forward line which now gives you a fwd/rck link with Cameron. You now have over $709K in bank with 4 trades left. Greenwood gives you cover for your fwds, Witherden/Mountford gives you cover for the mids and Ryan (who is improving every week) covers your defence. I would hang on to them until finals unless you cop a lti between now and then but with over $700K in the bank you have all the options in the world.
My side is a little different where I have also brought in Josh Thomas giving me even more DPP flexibility.
That is just my humble opinion anyway. Hope it helps.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look!

I was always putting off getting a Grundy/Kreuzer during the year as I wanted to see what Gawn did when he came back. He is obviously going to start slowly after missing a large part of the season, but after he gets a few games under his belt he could be back to the monster he was last season.

I am definitely getting Witherden this week and agree with trading out Beams for him. What do you think of trading Miller for Gawn instead of Darcy? Would leave me with 4 trades and $340k in the bank (and maybe a more solid ruck division)?

Not much to be done this week for me. Probably just Bolton -> Witherden; makes a bit of money and provides better bench cover (albeit Def/Mid rather than Fwd/Mid).

In a perfect world, Scooter becomes a premo in a couple of weeks.

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 11.35.58.png

I'm actually really stuck for about the first time this year. turning Parsons into a prem fwd but no idea really who to get.

My current fwds:
Macrae, Heeney, Dahl, Nank, Miller, Greenwood (Parsons, Deluca)

Greene I guess is the standout, as long as he's fit.
Aside from that ... Yeo has been the best over the year but his recent averages are down quite a bit.
Looking at perhaps Hill, Walters, Billings, Wingard. Lambert???

Whoever I get would leave me with Miller/Greenwood at F6/F7.

I guess I have to wait on the Greene prognosis, but gee it's a pretty murky picture trying to see who the best 6 fwds are from here to season's end.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look!

I was always putting off getting a Grundy/Kreuzer during the year as I wanted to see what Gawn did when he came back. He is obviously going to start slowly after missing a large part of the season, but after he gets a few games under his belt he could be back to the monster he was last season.

I am definitely getting Witherden this week and agree with trading out Beams for him. What do you think of trading Miller for Gawn instead of Darcy? Would leave me with 4 trades and $340k in the bank (and maybe a more solid ruck division)?
Nothing wrong with that at all.
Depending on how he performs next week I would also consider bringing Thomas into your mids which will then give you both mid/def and mid/fwd dpp. I would probably do that at Mountford's expense as you don't need 3 playing emergencies in your mid area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back