Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm likely to go Zorko over Rocky, having massive deja Vu.

Sloane had a couple of poor weeks due to being tagged and then pumps out a 150. Obviously can deal win Tags and becomes a must have (mindset at red 11). Come back to present and he has a 5 round average of 86.

The general consensus is that if you shutdown Sloane, you beat the Crows. This doesn't apply to Brisbane, as they'll likely lose regardless of the tag (apologies BL supporters). Further, Beams was out at the time Zorko was tagged. Beams will most likely attract the tag if it is to come in the future.

Instead of Newnes > Jelwood
Might go..
Ainsworth > Thomas
Newnes > Murphy or Duncan

Abit worried about the tag on Jelwood hmmm Murphy has a pretty good run aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instead of Newnes > Jelwood
Might go..
Ainsworth > Thomas
Newnes > Murphy or Duncan

Abit worried about the tag on Jelwood hmmm Murphy has a pretty good run aswell

Ainsworth has almost Peake's and Thomas looks good for bench cover for the rest of the year. Will there be a better mid/fwd rookie?

Jelwood is great value at the moment. Really depends on onfield points at this stage. Though if Jelwood ~= Murphy, the extra cash saved could be beneficial in another upgrade/injury trade

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Most likely no trades this week.

If Scooter doesn't come up this week, I might flick him for his brother. But I'd prefer to wait till next week.

Outside of that, Nank's scoring is a pain in the arse, but with only four trades left I'm not sure there's much to be done there.

Any suggestions folks?

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 13.41.03.png

Ainsworth has almost Peake's and Thomas looks good for bench cover for the rest of the year. Will there be a better mid/fwd rookie?

Jelwood is great value at the moment. Really depends on onfield points at this stage. Though if Jelwood ~= Murphy, the extra cash saved could be beneficial in another upgrade/injury trade

If Smurph keeps going on current form will probably out score Jelwood thou thats if Jelwood cops a tag... Decisions decisions

Most likely no trades this week.

If Scooter doesn't come up this week, I might flick him for his brother. But I'd prefer to wait till next week.

Outside of that, Nank's scoring is a pain in the arse, but with only four trades left I'm not sure there's much to be done there.

Any suggestions folks?

View attachment 391654

Ive got the same amount of trades as you if Scooter doesnt get up maybe bring in Jelwood or what i was thinking Ainsworth to Thomas then Scooter to who ever u can afford and then hope for the best with injuries

Ive got the same amount of trades as you if Scooter doesnt get up maybe bring in Jelwood or what i was thinking Ainsworth to Thomas then Scooter to who ever u can afford and then hope for the best with injuries

Yeah, I do love taking the risky option. Will see what I can do.

Edit: Hmm, so I can get to anyone except for Gibbs or Ablett. So tempting.

Last edited:
Got to love a premium mid having a 45 in his last 3 games and is given "On form"

I'd forgive a tagged out of the game 45 if they made up for it by going 150, 120, 180 around it

Oh wait he did :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Greene and Greenwood ($341k, M8) both out last week, my scoring took a hit by having to play Mountford ($255k) and Ainsworth ($301k).

Assuming Greene is back this week, I am looking to use one of my 4 remaining trades and my bank of $244k to upgrade one of the 3 above rookies to a premo mid.

I have Danger/Merrett/Mitchell/Treloar/Rocky/Oliver/Bont in the mids. If I want an uber premo like a Zorko or a Martin, I'll need to use 2 trades to get the cash. So my options are:

(1) Trade Greenwood to someone in the $585k range (Murphy, Duncan, Ross, Gaff etc). Leaves Mountford as only mid cover with Mutimer/Cousins donuts.

(2) Use 2 trades to get in Zorko/Martin and keep Greenwood as cover. I might lose fwd/mid dpp depending on the downgrade.

(3) Use one trade Mountford -> Selwood. Mid cover is Greenwood and donuts, but have dpp with forward bench (Ainsworth, Parsons).

(4) Do nothing and play Greenwood in the mids this week, reassess next week.

I am leaning towards (3) because I only use one trade and I retain fwd/mid dpp with Greenwood as roaming cover. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Kelly, Zorko, or Merrett.

Tough choice!
Kelly for the POD, Zorko for the regular ceiling and Merrett for the consistency. Maybe consider which would complement your team/strategy the best.

Zorko has been getting a lot of press lately for his efforts, and rightfully so, but it means he may come under closer scrutiny, and he is not accustomed to the tag. While the same could be said for Merrett/Kelly, I think I would prefer one of their tagged scores. But then again, Zorko has shown he can make up for a down week very very quickly.

Is it worth it to get NRoo now and if so, is it better at the expense of Dahl or Smith? Fed up with both but Riewoldt is the furthest I can stretch to ATM .

Is it worth it to get NRoo now and if so, is it better at the expense of Dahl or Smith? Fed up with both but Riewoldt is the furthest I can stretch to ATM .
Riewoldt looks to be just as risky as those 2 at the moment. From an injury point of view, possibly worse. Could pay off but could be a wasted trade. Tough call.

With Greene and Greenwood ($341k, M8) both out last week, my scoring took a hit by having to play Mountford ($255k) and Ainsworth ($301k).

Assuming Greene is back this week, I am looking to use one of my 4 remaining trades and my bank of $244k to upgrade one of the 3 above rookies to a premo mid.

I have Danger/Merrett/Mitchell/Treloar/Rocky/Oliver/Bont in the mids. If I want an uber premo like a Zorko or a Martin, I'll need to use 2 trades to get the cash. So my options are:

(1) Trade Greenwood to someone in the $585k range (Murphy, Duncan, Ross, Gaff etc). Leaves Mountford as only mid cover with Mutimer/Cousins donuts.

(2) Use 2 trades to get in Zorko/Martin and keep Greenwood as cover. I might lose fwd/mid dpp depending on the downgrade.

(3) Use one trade Mountford -> Selwood. Mid cover is Greenwood and donuts, but have dpp with forward bench (Ainsworth, Parsons).

(4) Do nothing and play Greenwood in the mids this week, reassess next week.

I am leaning towards (3) because I only use one trade and I retain fwd/mid dpp with Greenwood as roaming cover. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Option 3 is best coverage for the year

No trades for me....

Next week Mountford to Jelwood for M9 coverage sounds damn joocy to me though!

Potentially bench Sloane for rest of the year and play Jelwood with Sloane as coverage.

Giving Touhy one last chance, anything under 80 and he will be gone though, he has been shocking lately.

No trades for me....

Next week Mountford to Jelwood for M9 coverage sounds damn joocy to me though!

Potentially bench Sloane for rest of the year and play Jelwood with Sloane as coverage.

Giving Touhy one last chance, anything under 80 and he will be gone though, he has been shocking lately.
Makes me sad that we have spent 600+ for bench cover and have a 450K player on field.

Makes me sad that we have spent 600+ for bench cover and have a 450K player on field.
I'm not prepared to waste that sort of money on bench cover.
I will have Ryan and Stewart as defense (Stewart back in 2-3 weeks), Witherden and Deluca/Thomas in the mids, Darcy as R3 and Greenwood in fwd. I will still have 5 trades left after next week and I will use these for any lti's and if I don't get any of those it will be minor upgrades during finals.

2017 - Round 17 v 2.jpg
Team is as above. Plan on Lloyd > Zorko. This will let me do the following trades:
  • WK 18: Wood > Treloar / Dusty
  • WK 19: Darcy > Kreuzer, Ryan > Rookie
Want Dusty next round, but I think Kreuzer is the priority in round 19. If the rookies don't generate enough $$, will settle on Treloar next round.

The other trade I am considering is Scooter > Zorko this week, then the planned trades above in WK 18/19. While I comfortably get in Dusty, just means I'll have Witherden as my M9 instead of Scooter.

Are there any other trades I can do??

edit. didnt see A.Smith get dropped. All aboard the Stef train!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back