Roast When James Hird presents the Norm Smith......

Remove this Banner Ad

If that systematic doping happened at our club where, years on, they still couldn't tell the players what was injected into their own bodies, I'd be as disgusted as I am with the majority of Essendon supporters who still think the club did nothing wrong.
But by all means:

#standbyhird
#backourboys
#sobrave

Agreed dude but there was never any full disclosure as to what hired did, to me it seemed like he was more a scape goat then anything but more to my point there was never any solid evidence of what he actually did besides negligence for which in my opinion he had paid in full.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Firstly I applaud your honesty. But, there are doubts about this bloke as a footballer. He has had a long fascination with these programs dating back to when he was a footballer. He's been close with Charters for decades.
He's stained the game just like Armstrong did with cycling. It is inappropriate for him to be involved in the AFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

Thats the thing though dude, Armstrong outright cheated, did hird? If he had no knowledge of what the boys were injecting then it was pure negligence which is pretty bad but doesn't deserve to be ousted permanently from the football world.

I know I'm probably the minority on this subject.

I'm all for forgive and forget, and I get that Hirdy has suffered greatly. But he was up to his neck in the program.

Surely some consideration should also be given to those young players whose careers were cut short. A big public display of 'all is forgiven' would seriously rub their noses in it.

Thats the thing though dude, Armstrong outright cheated, did hird? If he had no knowledge of what the boys were injecting then it was pure negligence which is pretty bad but doesn't deserve to be ousted permanently from the football world.

I know I'm probably the minority on this subject.

It's almost worse if he didn't know what was being injected! He certainly knew the injections were going on. If this had happened at Richmond I would never want to see / hear of anyone involved ever again.

The real craziness of the whole fiasco is watching Watson, Hird etc cop their share, and fair enough too.
But in the meantime the grubby *ers in the background who orchestrated the whole thing with their dirty cash are still throwing their money around without a worry in the world. Same blokes who knifed Knights and promised their little made Hirdy the world and then s**t on him too.

Apparently Hird was getting his own injections. Reasonable to assume he knew exactly what they contained. Therefore it is reasonable to assume he had a good idea what the players were getting.
There has been no disclosure of this.
I can't move on until there is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the Afl supported all minority groups of political correctness , but was unaware that PED cheats belonged to this.
Sorry this is sending the wrong message to kids and should not be condoned and there's no forgiveness for it, just like murder , peadophila , genocide , bullying and other illegal or disgusting crimes. Just the thought of this sends a shiver up my spine.

Haha! You've just tarred Hird with the same brush as peado's and murderers :thumbsu:

Richmond supporters should never forgive James Hird

Hes the reason we had to play Carlton in an elimination final

Hes the reason we lost to a team that finished 9th after wed thumped essendon not 3 weeks beforehand

RIchmond, the true victims of the supplements saga

Never forgive, never forget.
Although it also stopped us from losing two straight elimination finals to port, so we can thank them for that a bit I guess.

I will be turning my tv set off. Once again the AFL is trying to tell us when to move on, what to think.
I will never forgive that club for the stain it put on the game and the behaviours of those in charge at that time.
And the majority of their supporter base should be reminded as well as they acted like buffoons during the whole saga.
So AFL, take this as a pre **** you. I will never recognise James Hird for anything other than another Lance Armstrong type.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power

Has disaster written all over it ... for the AFL and for Hirdy.
The masses won't accept it!
And for that superstar Shane Edwards when he has to collect his Norm Smith. ;)
Well, disaster for those first two scenarios.

It's only an unaccepted (albeit also unacceptable for the rest of us) offer at this stage isn't it? Couldn't see Hird taking it to be honest. Would be surprised if he was willing to go through the charade of pretending all is forgiven and parading around for the AFL. Personally can't see him doing anything else other than media AFL wise in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back