Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Anthony Miles

Votes: 47 24.1%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 15 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It bemuses me when people say Lennon needs to play another good game at VFL. How many good games does the bloke need to play in order to get the recognition on this board? It's crazy.
McCrae said he was supposed to play seniors the week he did his hammy in training.
Any other bloody player that has put in the body of work he has over the past few months this board will be up in arms demanding their selection.

Not Lennon though. He could kick 10 goals a week at VFL level and some would still be wanting more.

Does my head in, if he comes good at AFL level we could have quality medium sized forward moving into the future.
Forget about your own personal feelings toward the guy and think about what's best for the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a Lennon fan. I want him to play. Every time he kicks a small bag of goals, I get excited and I take a look at his highlights.

Usually he kicks "Joe the Goose" goals. Not this week. Each one of those goals was a smart lead and a good finish.

I agree - he should be rewarded.

Dave P.

I'm a Lennon fan. I want him to play. Every time he kicks a small bag of goals, I get excited and I take a look at his highlights.

Usually he kicks "Joe the Goose" goals. Not this week. Each one of those goals was a smart lead and a good finish.

I agree - he should be rewarded.

Dave P.
At some stage Lennon deserves a chance , there are a few at vfl that do. At some point he really needs to do what he has failed to do to date and grab that chance and make an impact at senior level

Dunstal, league teams 2 weeks ago. He and Dermie gave him a massive wrap.

[From the Hun 16/June]

MOST METRES GAINED PER DISPOSAL (AVERAGE)

Nathan Wilson (GWS) 29.2m

Jayden Short (Rich) 26.1m

Jayden Hunt (Melb) 25.4m

Brodie Smith (Adel) 22.9m

Tom Cutler (Bris) 22.6m

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/ad745b579dc2c4a465e29bce426c7b76
I just don't rate this stat. Big deal, so his role is to kick long more often than others. Now if he does it 20 times a game...

I just don't rate this stat. Big deal, so his role is to kick long more often than others. Now if he does it 20 times a game...
I do , especially So with a direct game style , .Low M gained means a sit load of handball or kicking sideways or backwards . So meters gained is very ******* important . Ignoring that is like saying goals are overrated

I do , especially So with a direct game style , .Low M gained means a sit load of handball or kicking sideways or backwards . So meters gained is very ******* important . Ignoring that is like saying goals are overrated
So if he gets 3 kicks a game but kicks each of them 40m he's number 1 ranked in that stat? Wowee. Now if he does it 20 times a game...Ave meters gained per match is a good stat.

Out:
Soldo; I liked his game although he has a lot to learn he is developing nicely.
Broad; Not a fan. Would like to see us persist with Markov while Houli is on holiday.
Rioli; Needs a rest and need to rotate the smalls. Give Bolton a go.
Caddy?; I understand he is important for structure although I would like to put some pressure on him and give Townsend a go in the HFF/Mid role.

In:
Lennon*; I was thinking Lennon to come in and play that second forward and Nankervis goes back in the ruck. I have high hopes for him still and it's really make and break for him. Was close to selection before he injured his hamstring. I wonder if we can fit Jack, Griff, Lennon and 3 smalls in forward line.. or do we go the 4 smalls around Jack and Griff. *Could be Elton to provide ruck support.
Markov; Played forward at the start of the year when given a go and didn't look good. I love his run off HB but hasn't done enough this year when called up.
Bolton; Great game in the VFL and is elite in pressure acts.
Townsend; His form has been very solid and want to see if he has developed at all during his time with us.
No clue...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Rioli was very good. Must have been watching a different game to most.
Caddy was fine. You need to be at the ground to see the hard work he does off the ball.
So much this, I've been to majority of games this year, and one big noticeable thing with Caddy is how much setting up behind the ball, is always pointing and telling players where to go, always giving encouragement, will be the first to give a spray if somebody doesn't chase hard enough or do what they're supposed to, watching on TV you may not notice him a lot, but at the game and watching his leadership off the ball is second to none.

I thought Soldo was good in the ruck. Yeah still needs some work around the ground but it looks like someone told him where he needs to be and he was always there. Brisbane having a set shot...Soldo was on the goal line if there was a chance for a touch. Brisbane kicking out from a Richmond behind Soldo was set up in our half forward line to attempt to mark/spoil a mark. I thought he did ok for his third game.
He really needs to connect with his midfielders. he actually taps it to no one.

It bemuses me when people say Lennon needs to play another good game at VFL. How many good games does the bloke need to play in order to get the recognition on this board? It's crazy.
McCrae said he was supposed to play seniors the week he did his hammy in training.
Any other bloody player that has put in the body of work he has over the past few months this board will be up in arms demanding their selection.

Not Lennon though. He could kick 10 goals a week at VFL level and some would still be wanting more.

Does my head in, if he comes good at AFL level we could have quality medium sized forward moving into the future.
Forget about your own personal feelings toward the guy and think about what's best for the club.

I really don't get the hate for Lennon. If he really gets a proper shot at AFL then maybe he'll come good. When I say proper shot, I mean 4-5 weeks consistently in the AFL. Some underperformers seem to get that so I don't see why someone who could genuinely fix at least part of our scoring issues can't get that run either.

I really don't get the hate for Lennon. If he really gets a proper shot at AFL then maybe he'll come good. When I say proper shot, I mean 4-5 weeks consistently in the AFL. Some underperformers seem to get that so I don't see why someone who could genuinely fix at least part of our scoring issues can't get that run either.

Amen to that. He has an extremely reliable set shot, I'm sure if he is given an extended run of games he will repay the faith. If he isn't awarded the opportunity this week, you will all witness one of the all time biggest rants to ever grace this board.

You know what? We can blame forward deficiencies, but the reality is that we don't have good offensive chemistry regardless of personnel. We were doing similar things with a tall forward line.

The main issue is that our midfield struggle to know where to kick to and those in the forward line at times struggle to know where to run to.

Sometimes it looks like too many people don't want to take the responsibility to kick goals, leaving us with a chain of handpasses leading to a turnover. Other times it looks like too many people want to go for goal, meaning that they end up getting in eachother's way and collecting in the one place. This means that once again, we can't have that smooth passage to goal.

Lastly, we are too inaccurate with our set shots. We get plenty of marks inside 50 but a lot of them are butchered. They all need to practice kicking for goal from a set shot this week.

If he isn't awarded the opportunity this week, you will all witness one of the all time biggest rants to ever grace this board
He needs to come in and stay in. We are running out of weeks to fix our forward line (if we make finals). My ideal forward line would consist of Riewoldt, Griffiths, Lennon, Bolton and two of Rioli, Castagna and Butler. Two talls, a medium and 3 smalls for pace. You'd then have a much more balanced forward line. We need Lennon's goal nous as we are quite lacking in that area right now.

Edwards can then play Midfield/Forward and Caddy + Dusty + Cotchin can rotate through the forward line too.

He needs to come in and stay in. We are running out of weeks to fix our forward line (if we make finals). My ideal forward line would consist of Riewoldt, Griffiths, Lennon, Bolton and two of Rioli, Castagna and Butler. Two talls, a medium and 3 smalls for pace. You'd then have a much more balanced forward line. We need Lennon's goal nous as we are quite lacking in that area right now.

Edwards can then play Midfield/Forward and Caddy + Dusty + Cotchin can rotate through the forward line too.

Exactly. That's the ideal forward set up. I'd prefer Rioli, Butler and Bolton as the smalls.

Back