Podcast BigFooty Tigercast - Marc Dragicevic interview

Remove this Banner Ad

I was there for Dragga's first knee - one of those classics - stood in front of a pack for a mark - lower half gets pushed forward slightly - lands with straight leg. Whole body shudders and all force goes through the knee. No need for diagnosis.

The second was tragic. Just jogging around the centre circle at the first bounce of a pre-season practise game. Fell over. Didn't get up.

Would have been a gun.

Fantastic job. Really enjoyed that. I keep coming back to this kid and Coggs who were crueled by injury just when they were getting going. I still remember when he did his first knee. Was devastated.

Tony Free also hurt.

I can remember where i was when that happened as well. Was in the old Royal Exchange (now an Irish Pub) in Traralgon shooting pool listening to it on the radio. Was pissed off when it happened. Against Adelaide off memory yeah?

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

I'm glad I finally raised the courage to listen to this podcast and the reason being MD was a favourite of mine and I didn't want to open up old wounds hearing about his tragic career ending injury. In the end I'm glad I did as his positivity and never say die attitude was so refreshing and I was left feeling happy for him rather than those old feelings of sadness I had for him .
Really in summary I can basically say he learnt (and hopefully reminded us all ) of our great Tiger Theme song

Oh we’re from Tigerland
A fighting fury we’re from Tigerland
In any weather you will see us with a grin
Risking head and skin
If we’re behind
we’ll never mind
we’ll fight and fight and win
oh where from tigerland
we never weaken til the final siren goes
like the tigers of old
we’re strong and we’re bold
oh we’re from tiger
-YELLOW AND BLACK-
oh we’re from tigerland

I related Mark closer to the words , "if we're behind .........we never weaken until the final siren goes ".

Mark's still got a long time on the park and his final siren is a long way from sounding bc he has the fight spirit and determination of an old tiger. A very inspiring 25 min interview Michaels and thanks to all the crew who put it together .

I'm glad I finally raised the courage to listen to this podcast and the reason being MD was a favourite of mine and I didn't want to open up old wounds hearing about his tragic career ending injury. In the end I'm glad I did as his positivity and never say die attitude was so refreshing and I was left feeling happy for him rather than those old feelings of sadness I had for him .
Really in summary I can basically say he learnt (and hopefully reminded us all ) of our great Tiger Theme song

Oh we’re from Tigerland
A fighting fury we’re from Tigerland
In any weather you will see us with a grin
Risking head and skin
If we’re behind
we’ll never mind
we’ll fight and fight and win
oh where from tigerland
we never weaken til the final siren goes
like the tigers of old
we’re strong and we’re bold
oh we’re from tiger
-YELLOW AND BLACK-
oh we’re from tigerland

I related Mark closer to the words , "if we're behind .........we never weaken until the final siren goes ".

Mark's still got a long time on the park and his final siren is a long way from sounding bc he has the fight spirit and determination of an old tiger. A very inspiring 25 min interview Michaels and thanks to all the crew who put it together .

great comments.

i must admit i was a bit nervous in asking those questions about his knees, but it was a big part of his career and in some way could / would have shaped him to be the person he is today.

and like you heard, he never let it beat him. the fact he is still playing a few games now is a prime example of that.

he is a great bloke, was very lucky to be able to speak with him.

great comments.

i must admit i was a bit nervous in asking those questions about his knees, but it was a big part of his career and in some way could / would have shaped him to be the person he is today.

and like you heard, he never let it beat him. the fact he is still playing a few games now is a prime example of that.

he is a great bloke, was very lucky to be able to speak with him.

Glad you did, great interview. It was also asked in a very tasteful way, paying respect to his career and not seeming that the knees defined him.

Fantastic job. Really enjoyed that. I keep coming back to this kid and Coggs who were crueled by injury just when they were getting going. I still remember when he did his first knee. Was devastated.

Especially Mark Coughlan though. He was the one. I saw his first game and he just bounced off guys, couldn't be tackled. Extracted the pill with ease. I wish we took another guy who reminds me of him: Patrick Cripps. Anyway, our midfield is pretty good, I'm sure Cogs would approve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Especially Mark Coughlan though. He was the one. I saw his first game and he just bounced off guys, couldn't be tackled. Extracted the pill with ease. I wish we took another guy who reminds me of him: Patrick Cripps. Anyway, our midfield is pretty good, I'm sure Cogs would approve.

I know draft mistakes under old "fine eyes" is a pained tiger favourite, but how we overlooked Heppell is the one for me and i wanted Membrey bad. I remember our pick in the 40's came up and I thought rippa, we got him, then we overlook him and swans take him. Richmond for some reason have an eversion to recruiting anyone from the Gippsland Power. That 1 hour 20 down a two lane highway must be a killer.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power

Just a toot my own horn moment.

I'm doing a interview tonight with a former player that we haven't advertised so keep an eye out for that later this week.

And I picked up an additional 2 interviews today with some past players which will be recorded in the coming weeks hopefully.

Kelvin Moore and Kane Johnson

So keep an eye out for the 'ask a question' thread for those two!

Cheers for the great listen... I still have the issue of the fighting tiger that has "Enter the Draga!" on the front.

Was sticky taped to my wall as a kid for about 4 years.

Just a toot my own horn moment.

I'm doing a interview tonight with a former player that we haven't advertised so keep an eye out for that later this week.

And I picked up an additional 2 interviews today with some past players which will be recorded in the coming weeks hopefully.

Kelvin Moore and Kane Johnson

So keep an eye out for the 'ask a question' thread for those two!

Dominating mate! forget Open Mike, call it Open Mich(aels)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back