FTA-TV Game of Thrones Season VII

Who will die next week?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It beggars belief that in a show where a character can be played by 2 (Daario) or even 3 (the mountain) different actors, bitches are having a whinge about a cameo from Ed Sheeran. F*** me get over it. It's a fictional show, not a documentary in which he's suddenly super-imposed where William Wallace was supposed to be or something.

And look at the boy Euron rock up to Cersei like he's pinged af after a night out at Revolver.

DE5zfT0VwAARYlI.jpg:large
I wanna hate Euron, but can't. I loved his speech and swagger in this scene. Even though he was intoxicated.

It beggars belief that in a show where a character can be played by 2 (Daario) or even 3 (the mountain) different actors, bitches are having a whinge about a cameo from Ed Sheeran. F*** me get over it. It's a fictional show, not a documentary in which he's suddenly super-imposed where William Wallace was supposed to be or something.
All I've seen is a couple of people say it was the worst part of the ep. It was. Far from whinging really.

All I've seen is a couple of people say it was the worst part of the ep. It was. Far from whinging really.

They're saying it because of who he is rather than because of what he's done in the Ep. That's the point.

A singer playing a singer - wow.
It'd be like having a whinge about the 3rd bloke that played the Mountain (a professional strongman in real life) and saying 'it felt like they were giving him a plug before the upcoming World's Strongest Man series.'

They made Will Champion (admittedly less famous individually but Coldplay are as famous as Sheeran is) one of the instigators of the Red Wedding violence.
But did Champion actually kill one of them? And think and the stature of the Red Wedding in comparison to a group of Lannister solider having a rest.

They're saying it because of who he is rather than because of what he's done in the Ep. That's the point.

It'd be like having a whinge about the 3rd bloke that played the Mountain (a professional strongman in real life) and saying 'it felt like they were giving him a plug before the upcoming World's Strongest Man series.'
I thought it was s**t because it took me out of the story. I was watching arya do her s**t then I'm watching ed sheeran, the guy you hear 3 times an hour on radio if you listen to the wrong station. Kills the chance to immerse yourself in the world (for me at least). Slightly different level of fame to a real life strong man.

I still don't think anyone was whinging though, just pointing out opinions that are as close to fact as opinions can get, it was the weakest part of the ep.

I thought it was s**t because it took me out of the story. I was watching arya do her s**t then I'm watching ed sheeran, the guy you hear 3 times an hour on radio if you listen to the wrong station. Kills the chance to immerse yourself in the world (for me at least). Slightly different level of fame to a real life strong man.

I still don't think anyone was whinging though, just pointing out opinions that are as close to fact as opinions can get, it was the weakest part of the ep.

I actually really liked it. As the camera cut to the swords while Arya counted them as in season 4, I got the impression she would do them all. Suddenly her new grim reaper persona, in the space of 5 minutes, wasn't as grim.

I was vaguely aware that Ed Sheeran was going to have a cameo in the show, and was vaguely aware that he looked like the bloke singing in that scene, so spent much of the scene vaguely wondering if that actually was Ed Sheeran. Kind of took me out of it a bit. Just like it did when I was thinking that someone could make an excellent techno remix of Sam's s**t-and-soup montage

1. Yes because its Ed Sheeran I hated it because I saw Ed Sheeran and not a singing soldier
2. I do agree that scene was like an insert

The best escapes are one in which you are there actively engaged in the process. The worst thing an author or a director can do is pull you out of what you are engrossed in. If I suddenly realise ( once again) I am reading a book or watching a tv show then that is a failure of the person to keep me involved.

This is what the Ed Sheeran cameo did. The same as the other boy soldier, like others I was trying to think of who it was rather than what he was. Not sure thats on the same level as 2 unknowns taking over another actors role.

Valonqar theory
okay, so I was doing a bit of reading on the latest episode and found some things to point out this theory.

In the scene between Cersei and Jaime, notice that Cersei is standing on the neck, while Jaime is standing off the shore of the fingers. This could foreshadow the method in which Jaime becomes the Queen slayer.

Also, in Ed Sheeran's song the lyrics are as follows:

[Verse]
He rode through the streets of the city
Down from his hill on high
Over the winds and the steps and the cobble
He rode to a woman's side
For she was his secret treasure
She was his shame and his bliss
And a chain and a keep are nothing
Compared to a woman's kiss

[Chorus]
For hands of gold are always cold
But a woman's hands are warm
But a woman's hands are ...

This could have something do with the Valonqar theory. Even though this song was first for Tyrion strangling Shae, it could also suggest hint towards Cersei and Jaime. Plus, why add the song now if the original use has already passed. Note the words "Hands of Gold".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid episode.

I liked the swagger and look of Euron.
I couldn't care less if Ed Sheeran was in it, didn't take away from the episode at all.
The Hound is brilliant.

Valonqar theory
okay, so I was doing a bit of reading on the latest episode and found some things to point out this theory.

In the scene between Cersei and Jaime, notice that Cersei is standing on the neck, while Jaime is standing off the shore of the fingers. This could foreshadow the method in which Jaime becomes the Queen slayer.

Also, in Ed Sheeran's song the lyrics are as follows:

[Verse]
He rode through the streets of the city
Down from his hill on high
Over the winds and the steps and the cobble
He rode to a woman's side
For she was his secret treasure
She was his shame and his bliss
And a chain and a keep are nothing
Compared to a woman's kiss

[Chorus]
But a woman's hands are warm
But a woman's hands are ...

This could have something do with the Valonqar theory. Even though this song was first for Tyrion strangling Shae, it could also suggest hint towards Cersei and Jaime. Plus, why add the song now if the original use has already passed. Note the words "Hands of Gold".
I really like that idea a lot. I've also been considering that maybe Cersei is killed by Arya with Jaime's face?

I think you completely missed the point. I didn't see a soldier, I saw old mate ed sheeran sitting in there singing a song. It dragged me out of the show and away from the narrative.

In the badass stakes, we've got some contenders:

- Arya, for coldly destroying House Frey.
- Euron, for drunkenly promising the world to Cersei and sticking his fingers up at Jaime.
- The Hound, because he is the OG.
- Daenerys, for sheer bloodymindedness.
- The Night King, for being scary as hell just riding along.

But the baddest of all the badasses on the show was, is and forever shall be Lady Mormont! WHAT A GODDAMN BOSS!!!

What do people think the gift will be?

Great equaliser would be a dragon.

I originally thought it might be one of the Stark girls, as Cersei seems to love collecting them, but the more people talk about the dragon horn, the more it makes sense. But there has been no mention of it yet in the show, so it'd be pretty crap if Euron just pulls it out of his backpack and steals a dragon.

The most interesting exchange of the episode for me was between Jon and Sansa, after she rightly called him out for being just another honourable leader who is ultimately dumb and naive man, like Ned and Robb.

Referring to Cersei Jon said "you sound like you admire her", to which Sansa simply replied "she taught me so much..."

So much in that. Foreshadowing the worth of Sansa who has been forged in fire and understands the game of thrones now better than anyone. The dichotomy in Westeros between stupid, dead men and smart, ruling women.

There's the F word!

Can one explain the face wearing thing? I get that Arya takes faces and wears them, thus concealing herself. However, has it been explained (or does it need explaining) how she becomes the person? ONce wearing the face, she also activates voice mode, skin mode and everything else? How about height and weight?

There's the F word!

Can one explain the face wearing thing? I get that Arya takes faces and wears them, thus concealing herself. However, has it been explained (or does it need explaining) how she becomes the person? ONce wearing the face, she also activates voice mode, skin mode and everything else? How about height and weight?
What's wrong with the word "foreshadowing". I feel like some people in this thread and the resulting creation of the other thread don't like this word because they assume it means spoilers. But, for actual fact it just theories that people come up with. L+R=J was a fan theory for a long time, and yet this was foreshadowed in the show.

I'm not sure whose face she can take.

But I was a bit confused about the height and weight thing. Yesterday we saw her as Frey, and because they got the actor back to play the role the height and weight were his. But it just looked odd as the production decided to keep Frey's height and weight after she had pulled her mask off. I would have thought she would have gone back to the original size.

I love Arya but hate the easy "magic" kills, its just cheating.

Ed Sheeran sucked, was a dumb idea to have him in it. If they are going to have cameos then make them look different and have smaller parts. Dont want to be watching GoT and then see that ranga whose songs are playing everywhere and whose mug is always on tv, just takes you away from the fantasy.

Everything else was top notch.

Back