Game of Thrones

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate!
Get.
In.
Volved!

I watched the first season and loved it so much I read ALL the books before the 2nd season started.
Prior to that I hadn't read a book since high school so have never been a big reader but I loved the complexity of this series and the way the books are written is actually very different but awesome once you get used it. They dedicate a chapter to a character so sometimes for half a book you can go without hearing a thing about certain characters.

Yeah, it wasn't hard to read by any measure, it was more the fact I knew full well they were teasing me with stuff that would dissapear forever without ever knowing how it went.

GRRM has basically created more story arcs and characters that could be developed and resolved in another 20 years. So while entertaining, I know I'm never seeing them again. I mean I really liked the big gouty guy from the deserty place. But he's basically going to get forgotten forever.

Yeah, it wasn't hard to read by any measure, it was more the fact I knew full well they were teasing me with stuff that would dissapear forever without ever knowing how it went.

GRRM has basically created more story arcs and characters that could be developed and resolved in another 20 years. So while entertaining, I know I'm never seeing them again. I mean I really liked the big gouty guy from the deserty place. But he's basically going to get forgotten forever.
Agree somewhat with there being far too many subplots going on simultaneously in the books. It's kind of frustrating making the effort to follow something along and getting invested in certain characters that then don't get mentioned again for half a book. I think the show has done a decent job of condensing and trimming these so that it's still easy to follow but those parallel stories still get told.

Brilliant television. Unfortunately so many bad guys, ( not really bad guys, but misunderstood), have got their comeuppance, so we need some new villains to hate. I've recorded the new episodes but won't watch them yet. Still waiting for the next book, "The Winds of Winter", which has been 8 years in the writing. The series has gone past the books but I like books; you have favourite chapters and characters to revisit.

I may be old fashioned but I think that pirating and sharing of expensive productions like GOT, particularly before the release date, to be pretty repugnant. I realize that some people can't afford the rip off Foxtel subscriptions, but for some consumer advocates to rationalise stealing IP seems wrong to me. Maybe I should go and bash up and rob little old ladies because I can, and because they shouldn't have more money than me.

Next couple of eps will be huge now that they've kind of re-established where everyone is at.
Surely a battle looming shortly also!!
You weren't a fan of Euron tearing his rello's a new one?

The Unsullied on their way to Casterly Rock will be cool, there isn't enough Eps to draw it out too long either.

I'm really looking forward to Jon Snow meeting his Aunt next week too

You weren't a fan of Euron tearing his rello's a new one?

The Unsullied on their way to Casterly Rock will be cool, there isn't enough Eps to draw it out too long either.

I'm really looking forward to Jon Snow meeting his Aunt next week too
Yeah it's definitely coming to a conclusion which is great.
Just sucks that the show has gone so far past the books.
And yes, the Targy's just keeping it in the fam ;)

Yeah it's definitely coming to a conclusion which is great.
Just sucks that the show has gone so far past the books.
And yes, the Targy's just keeping it in the fam ;)
I've been rocking the audio books for the books, I'm about 4hrs (of 45hrs) into A Dance With Dragons, it's amazing how all over the place the time lines are, interesting to compare notes between the two as well. Some things are way better in the books, and others the tv show does it better.

In the fam is the way the Targy's roll!

Yeah keen to see how this turns out. Dragons included.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Amen.
I've been rocking the audio books for the books, I'm about 4hrs (of 45hrs) into A Dance With Dragons, it's amazing how all over the place the time lines are, interesting to compare notes between the two as well. Some things are way better in the books, and others the tv show does it better.

In the fam is the way the Targy's roll!
Yeah I really rate the books and think the show creators have a done a ripping job in trying to cover such a large subject matter but there are a few characters who rock in the books but have not made the screen.
As an author, must have been a logistical nightmare trying to write these considering the many different story lines and trying to fit them into some kind of order.
Love that the show is starting to reach some kind of conclusion but really hoping the next book is released prior to the final season next year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIP to the Queen of Thorns, the baddest of all bitches.
Didn't she go out swinging tho! One of my favourite characters, sad to see her go, but love that Cersei will never get the revenge that she would have wanted.

(Meanwhile, in a thread about Game of Thrones, you'd think most would assume that there would be spoilers, and will avoid if not up to date!)

Didn't she go out swinging tho! One of my favourite characters, sad to see her go, but love that Cersei will never get the revenge that she would have wanted.

(Meanwhile, in a thread about Game of Thrones, you'd think most would assume that there would be spoilers, and will avoid if not up to date!)
You'd hope so.

**Spoilers ahead, but really, you should expect that**
Holy s**t what an Ep! Great battle scene! The internal conflict of wanting Dany and the Dragons to win, but also not wanting Jamie, and especially Bronn to die was a struggle ... we just lost the Queen of Thorns last week, they couldn't kill off the two best characters in consecutive weeks!

My two predictions, one for next week, and another for a little bit longer term ... Bronn will be promised a big castle by Tyrion/Dany, and swap sides (again) and Dany and Jon will, at some point, solve their struggle of him bending the knee, by marrying. Partly because its the best political move for both of them, and also because they totally want to bang.

LOOKS LIKE THE BOWL IS BACK ON THE MENU
Yeah, they were going to work out a way for it to happen.

Won't happen til S8 but hoooooo boy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back