Song contest part 6; Host - royboy2; Theme - Songs you like to sing; Botes due Sunday 11:00PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of the best? The winning songs and podiums are usually the least interesting songs on the playlist. They're often the most recognisable tunes (overplayed hits) which people have heard many times before, but rarely the best songs.

Most of my previous podiums are the least interesting songs to me. I'm sometimes a bit embarrassed to nom them and score heaps of votes

Still, it might make for an interesting round purely from a contest standpoint, if not as a listening exercise.

I generally don't like the themes which become a race to get your whore nom confirmed. I would always prefer if people took 24 hours to have a think about it and choose something less obvious. "Best of the Best" would create a stampede of whore noms. :D

Still, it might be fun for a quick comp - if we get it done within 48hrs
One of my wins came when I phoned it in.

What does "phone it in" mean exactly?
Rather than submitting via PM, the fly would call the host and tell them his nom (including the YouTube URL).

I've heard plenty submit their votes this way also.

What does "phone it in" mean exactly?
Being lazy, taking the soft option, not fully committed because you're preoccupied with other s**t.

Probably derives from people texting someone instead of making the effort to see them in person. Like when a featured rapper records his verse at home and sends it to the artist/producer using his phone instead of catching a plane to LA or wherever and recording with them in studio. Something like that..

Last edited:
Boted.

giphy.gif

Best of the best? The winning songs and podiums are usually the least interesting songs on the playlist. They're often the most recognisable tunes (overplayed hits) which people have heard many times before, but rarely the best songs.

Most of my previous podiums are the least interesting songs to me. I'm sometimes a bit embarrassed to nom them and score heaps of votes

Still, it might make for an interesting round purely from a contest standpoint, if not as a listening exercise.

I generally don't like the themes which become a race to get your whore nom confirmed. I would always prefer if people took 24 hours to have a think about it and choose something less obvious. "Best of the Best" would create a stampede of whore noms. :D

Still, it might be fun for a quick comp - if we get it done within 48hrs

I'm in the same boat. I haven't really loved my winners.

I had the idea of picking a song that you have nommed before but didn't do well due to it being a strong playlist, not entirely fitting the theme or whatever. Give it a second chance. Make the criteria that it didn't made top 10 or more than double digit votes.

My theme will be United States and America

Pick a song or band/group/musician that has any of the United States in it or America or the USA in the name or title ie Rock in the USA or Horse with No Name - America etc
Please don't win.

6a01053708974d970b019b013a5242970c-pi

Boted.
Didn't mind that playlist at all. Any playlist that gives me more than 5 vote worthy songs is alright by me.
5 to a virgin.
Don't imagine anyone will be surprised by my Billy choice. It was a bucket job.
Wish I'd put more thought into my nom. It's a shocker really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

0 and 0

I don't think my nom is billy worthy but I don't think many are likely to vote for it either.

0 and 0

I don't think my nom is billy worthy but I don't think many are likely to vote for it either.
Mine's probably Billy worthy but I'd be surprised amongst some of the others.

Maybe 1 vote, 3 Billies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back