Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the people who run the government dont want part time paid firefighters, its full timers only accepted. Can't have an efficient and cost effective fire service when you could get more full time union members to do nothing!

Slightly straw man approach. Clearly the state needs rapid growth response capacity. Are you saying Volunteers are anti being paid?
Principle works just fine in the armed forces

Slightly straw man approach. Clearly the state needs rapid growth response capacity. Are you saying Volunteers are anti being paid?
Principle works just fine in the armed forces

No, I'm saying the Union won't allow them and are telling the Government to employ more full time ffs not employ retained/part time ffs.

Mate he was mother Theresa compared to the libs

All I remember of the Election campaign is Daniel Andrews army telling everyone how badly the Liberals were screwing everyone over oh and that the EW contract wasnt worth the paper it was printed on!

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2018 Victorian election ended up being a hung parliament result, with the Greens, Australian Conservatives, independents and One Nation sharing the balance of power in the Legislative Assembly. And what are the chances of former Liberal MP Geoff Shaw making a political comeback in time for the 2018 election?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2018 Victorian election ended up being a hung parliament result, with the Greens, Australian Conservatives, independents and One Nation sharing the balance of power in the Legislative Assembly. And what are the chances of former Liberal MP Geoff Shaw making a political comeback in time for the 2018 election?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geoff Shaw ain't coming back.

What Legislative Assembly seats would parties such as the Australian Conservatives and One Nation even be competitive in? You do understand the voting system used in the Legislative Assembly, right?

Another contract awarded for the Metro Rail Tunnel;

http://www.cpbcon.com.au/news-and-media/news/metro-tunnel-project-rail-systems-alliance-rsa/

CPB Contractors preferred proponent for Metro Tunnel Rail Systems
18 Jul 17
CPB Contractors has been selected by the Victorian Government as the preferred proponent, with Bombardier Transportation, to deliver the Metro Tunnel Project Rail Systems Alliance (RSA) with the Melbourne Metro Rail Authority (MMRA) and Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM).

The RSA works package is part of the $11 billion Metro Tunnel, Victoria’s biggest ever public transport project.

The RSA package has a total value of around $1 billion, a portion of which will be delivered by CPB Contractors and Bombardier Transportation through an equal partnership. Revenue to CPB Contractors will be confirmed at contract execution which is expected later this year.

From the opposition transport minister or someone like that, I dunno, does anyone really know who the opposition transport minister is?

So dramatic. I haven't yet seen/heard anyone talk about Melbourne being a laughable city. I know I'd rather be situated in Melbourne than Aleppo. Is he also the type that would exclaim the current AFL premiers to be the greatest AFL team in the galaxy?
The minister is David hodgett, what lame sooky comments i mean seriously who is going to pay for the taxis and the ubers? Its like he thinks people never get inconvenienced in their lives. They are 10 times worse than labor was when it comes to being negative. Tbh they are clutching at straws anyway. Andrews has done a crapload for the state which can only be dismissed by relentless negative whinging which the libs have turned into a fine art. Amazed that andrews is actually behind in the polls, just goes to show how influential the herald sun is at manipulating the masses. Either that or the electorate are a bunch of ungrateful turds.

So at a time suicide is rising and become a massive problem, we want to make it easier to do?

Let's think about this.

This weekend is the 22nd anniversary of the passing of my grandfather from cancer. I remember what it was like for him. He was racked with pain for the best part of those last 6 months - as the doctors kept pumping him with chemo when all he wanted to do was just go home and pass away. It would take until the week before he passed away before he was allowed to go home. As a then 19yo, it pained me to see this happening.

This is what voluntary euthanasia is all about. It's about letting those racked with terminal pain and illness the opportunity to control their own destiny. It's hardly making suicide easier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the bill passes. But it will be interesting to see the wording of how they determine eligibility and who has the authority to make decisions.
Absolutely this will be the crux of whether this becomes law or not. There may be opposition to it due to concerns of the implications of its framing and thus like many referendums which seem good in principal do not entice people to support changes when deciding on whether or not it should be law.

Absolutely this will be the crux of whether this becomes law or not. There may be opposition to it due to concerns of the implications of its framing and thus like many referendums which seem good in principal do not entice people to support changes when deciding on whether or not it should be law.
There's going to be opposition towards euthanasia no matter what though.
I imagine it will be similar to abortions though, something like 2 doctors and a psychiatrist have to all agree that euthanasia is appropriate for that particular person. As in the person fully understands what they are doing and is of sound mind to make decisions.
I also imagine it will only include biomedical illness and disease compared to psychological conditions and mental illness.

I wonder if they will bring in legislation where people can sign legal documents stating in case X happens they want to be euthanised, similar to NFR/DNRs.

So at a time suicide is rising and become a massive problem, we want to make it easier to do?
F off you arseclown. I watched my father die of cancer 18 years ago and if he could have ended his life when he wanted he would have been saved three months of pain being incapable of talking, eating, moving and wearing nappies the nurses (who he personally knew) had to clean for him as he waited to die.

With euthanasia you have to strongly protect against it being the thin edge of the wedge

All too easy to pass off 'it's what he/she would have wanted"

Watching my Aunties and Uncles fight over the affairs of my grandfather, who's still capable of making decisions mind you, it's damn horrifying.

You can't pick your family.

So in your world, you think euthanasia will mean people will think "Im feeling depressed again, I might go see the doc to see if he'll perscribe me some death"?

You are someone with an opinion with a fundimental misunderstanding of the issue.

My dad has cancer, and while its going alright for now it seems that unless something new happens in the medical field in the coming years, the best he can do is push it back.

When the time comes I'd rather he get to decide if he wants to go out with dignity, or live the final months writing in pain and shitting himself while fully lucid. And if *******s like you impose themselves to deny him that, well... I will be unimpressed.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-...on-end-of-life-choices-daniel-andrews/8740520

Excerpt from the above article:
"An expert panel, chaired by former AMA president Brian Owler, made 66 recommendations to set up a scheme under which a person must be of "sound decision-making capacity" and the condition they are suffering from must be expected to cause death within 12 months.

That condition must be found to be "causing suffering that cannot be relieved in a manner that is tolerable to the person".

Only the patient can initiate a request for assisted dying, and the person must be assessed by two doctors, one which must be an expert in the person's particular illness."

Pretty reasonable to me, there's a bit more in the article along with the final report.

Only in Melbourne, A planned monument to drug addicts is an idiotic idea which treats self-destructive criminals as hero-victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back