Round 18 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not too much carnage with team selection this week.

Well least not for me :p.

Hate to be an Ablett owner right about now haha.

That would suck in one week out the next and u cant trade him bkos he keeps coming back in.... luckily i was gonna bring him on his out week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's see if I can have one week of not having at least 6 spuds- I'm looking at you - shaw, touhy, hibberd, treloar, nankervis, Dahlhaus, yeo & stef

To be fair nank is only 22 first year as a number 1 ruck

I'm actually tossing up between starting Newman or Danger if he is named. I think he will play deep forward again and I can't see him having his own way like last week.

Huh ? What ? Why ?

Huh ? What ? Why ?

Why I don't think he will have his own way? Or why I'm considering playing Newman over him?

He isn't going to kick 5 goals 6 every week as a deep forward. Clarkson said himself that Danger played so deep last week that it confused his defence. They didn't know whether to setup their zone further up the ground like usual or have someone sit back on him. Adelaide have noticed that and have a plan for it. Plus they are a better side than Hawthorn which should mean less opportunities.

Deep forwards don't score all that well unless they are kicking goals. If they play him still injured and he plays deep forward then there is every chance we see a low score from him.

Not saying I'm 100% going to bench him. Just saying that it's something I'm considering as I need to be aggressive.

I'm hoping he is a late out tbh. Even with Pendles on the bench I still have good cover for Danger in Newman.

Why I don't think he will have his own way? Or why I'm considering playing Newman over him?

He isn't going to kick 5 goals 6 every week as a deep forward. Clarkson said himself that Danger played so deep last week that it confused his defence. They didn't know whether to setup their zone further up the ground like usual or have someone sit back on him. Adelaide have noticed that and have a plan for it. Plus they are a better side than Hawthorn which should mean less opportunities.

Deep forwards don't score all that well unless they are kicking goals. If they play him still injured and he plays deep forward then there is every chance we see a low score from him.

Not saying I'm 100% going to bench him. Just saying that it's something I'm considering as I need to be aggressive.

I'm hoping he is a late out tbh. Even with Pendles on the bench I still have good cover for Danger in Newman.

I think he goes back to the midfield this week if he is fit to play imo... i dont see this deep forward thing staying they have done this with him on numerous occasions and then goes back to the midfield

I think he goes back to the midfield this week if he is fit to play imo... i dont see this deep forward thing staying they have done this with him on numerous occasions and then goes back to the midfield

If he is 100% then yeah, he will go back to the midfield but there is no way he could possibly be 100%. I would be surprised if they play him still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe over Shaw... Newman is due for a biggie

I'm starting to buy into go you pups theory about him not playing well at the SCG
Newman/Shaw is an interesting one actually. I will upgrade one of them to Docherty in the coming weeks hopefully, not sure which one I want to keep less

Why the f**k is shaz back out nafan ?

I'm starting to buy into go you pups theory about him not playing well at the SCG
Newman/Shaw is an interesting one actually. I will upgrade one of them to Docherty in the coming weeks hopefully, not sure which one I want to keep less
Like wise but hey u never know !! I would hate to still be chasing Doch at this stage glad i started with him :)

Now that Danger is playing Newman or Witherdan ?

Danger back in the mids as predicted Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back