Movies & TV What's the last movie you saw?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Media & Entertainment board has one and I've trawled through it over the last couple of years when I'm needing ideas for movies to watch.

Basically, the idea is to just post the last movie you saw, give a bit of a review without giving away too much (or use spoiler tags if you do want to go bit into it or discuss with someone) and give a rating.

It's been a few weeks since I've sat down to watch a full length movie. One that I really enjoyed lately was

Everybody Wants Some! - directed by Richard Linklaters, who I'm a big fan of. On the surface it looks like your prototypical American comedy but there's just some way Linklaters is able to put an edge and more life into it. I'd give it a solid 8/10.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

Mostly for the collector cup at Event Cinemas...

banner.jpg

I actually watched the first movie the night before we saw vol 2 so I was going in fairly new to the story. I liked it. I'm no movie critic but I thought it was good.

banner.jpg

I actually watched the first movie the night before we saw vol 2 so I was going in fairly new to the story. I liked it. I'm no movie critic but I thought it was good.
Yep the last one I saw too. Love this franchise! Does't take itself too seriously. Really creative on all levels apart from the basis of the plot. Then you are not seeing this in the hope of a thought provoking narrative journey either!

banner.jpg

I'm Groot.

I'm Groot, I'm Groot I'm Groot. Groot. I'm Groot, I'm Groot; I'm Groot, Groot.

I'm Groot.

(Yes, I did enjoy it!)

Too many kids to feel good about sneaking out on the family these days. :( I think the last one I saw in the movies was Dr Strange, and that was an odd choice out of the half dozen "tent pole" movies and so many smaller ones that I'd have otherwise liked to have seen.

Power rangers.

Was actually a fun and watchable movie when it wasn't trying to be too serious.

No cinemas in pannawonica so I watch whatever is on at the open air

F8 Of The Furious. I'll be taking the bride to see King Arthur this weekend (damn no football on Saturdays...)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

USA today complained about Dunkirk saying that the movie lacked strong female lead and lead actors of colour.

I don't think they realise that it's based on actual history
lol, I have virtually no respect for the land of Fake News at the moment, this does little to change my mind

1st trailer had me concerned. This one is awesome. Hit all the right beats.

The Thor and Ready Player One trailers are brilliant as well.

Love Hulk and Thor talking at the end.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
1st trailer as in last years comic con or the official trailer that dropped a few months ago?

The official trailer was a work of art!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back