Multiplat Fallout 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I found the game boring cause I literally couldn't die. Doesn't mean I hated the game or didn't want to see how the (obvious) story played out.
A lot of that comes down to mods.
Sim Settlements is a fantastic one that has been taking off for the last few months; turns settlement mechanics into something a bit more interesting if you like that aspect of the game. Its popular enough so that the creator (Kingath or something) has his own website to host it and any sub-mods users contribute.

And then if you're bored because you "literally can't die", then I can certainly recommend a few more mods which will ensure that isn't any problem anymore. I find it quite easy to die, if I stop paying attention for a moment (particularly on Survival).

You can turn the game into a never-lets-you-breath shooting gallery where you can ensure there are more bad guys than you have bullets. Others that tweak damage settings and wotnot so that a deathclaw really is the raging unstoppable death monster its meant to be, and killing one is an achievement.

Many of those mods are not changing any of the game play itself, or introducing new weapons... they just tweak existing settings and spawn points/numbers/rates. Add a gameplay tweaker to that to increase enemy damage (among fifty or so other settings, including the amount of passive damage you take from rad zones), and Robert's yer father's brother.
Takes a while to find that sweet spot between finding it hard to die and dying every five seconds, but once you have it right its great fun.

Storyline can't be fixed though, I've seen games with a lot better ones. Or not "better" so much as a lot more involved and complex.

Overall, though, its a great and immersive game if you find the right mods. I'm currently running about 20 (on a PC).

I'm the complete reverse.

Probably explains my love for Borderlands and shiny surfaces.

Oh Borderlands menu system is the work of the devil. Love the game, hate the organisational system. Likewise Skyrim and Fallout really annoyed me with their inventory screens. Never did find a mod that made gear like it was in games like Dragon Age or WoW.

Anyone on here play this on PS4 and want to recommend some decent scenery/environment or base building mods? thought i'd finally download some, download one that fills the Wasteland with trees, and it just kills my playstation the second i open it :(

Very underwhelming so far. You would think they would have more content than whats on offer to date.
- modern furniture
- Back pack
- Horse power armour
- Hellfire Power Armour (released on Nexus too)
- Space suit looking armour
- prototype gauss rifle
- pipe shotgun
- pip boy paint jobs

Give us some more quests or clothing options that dont look ridiculous.

The pricing is insulting. $4 for a backpack??? The Automatron DLC had new quests, new weapons, new armour, a new faction, a new settlement and the ability to create you're own robot companions all for $10!

I was at least expecting something along the lines of the gun runner's dlc from New Vegas, which added over 30 new weapons for around $5.

Just a heads-up with the GOTY edition - there are no physical copies of the DLC on disc - you get the base game only on disk, plus a serial code for the Season Pass. If you already have the Season Pass there is NO point buying the GOTY edition whatsoever.

I didn't have the game at all previously, so $79 (jb hi-fi) was alright for me but again, if you already have the DLC don't buy this 'new' edition.

I've grown to love this game - but f*ck me this was the absolute LAZIEST so-called 'game of the year' editions I've ever friggen seen. Just the normal game disk from before, a little rebadging and a voucher code for the Season Pass.

I bought it before I became aware of the complaints that were already growing. The whole point of getting G.O.T.Y editions is to have that physical copy there at all times, not a one-shot, one-use voucher code. I'm not buying the game for resale value here, I just want the hard copy so if my machine ever s**t itself I'd still be able to physically install it on a new machine without waiting to download the some 14 GB of extra content.

Fantastic game Bethesda, but you really did f*ck the pooch and end up with both herpes and dog AIDS on this one. F*ck you very muchly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've grown to love this game - but f*ck me this was the absolute LAZIEST so-called 'game of the year' editions I've ever friggen seen. Just the normal game disk from before, a little rebadging and a voucher code for the Season Pass.

I bought it before I became aware of the complaints that were already growing. The whole point of getting G.O.T.Y editions is to have that physical copy there at all times, not a one-shot, one-use voucher code. I'm not buying the game for resale value here, I just want the hard copy so if my machine ever s**t itself I'd still be able to physically install it on a new machine without waiting to download the some 14 GB of extra content.

Fantastic game Bethesda, but you really did f*ck the pooch and end up with both herpes and dog AIDS on this one. F*ck you very muchly.

Pretty scummy.

They probably recalled all of their unsold stock (which there was a lot of), repackaged it and put in a download code. Really disappointing.

Wait and see if this becomes the new standard for GOTY editions across the board. Ubisoft did similar with 'special' editions of Far Cry 3 (haven't touched the Assassins Creed games yet) that were extra-content-via-code-only, but at least for console releases Game of The Year editions were always traditionally physical copy.

Until now.

Yea I tend to agree and I'm a die hard vault dweller. Im just pissed that Sony havent put the previous titles on the PS store but instead on another online Sony system where you pay $40 a month as I never got to actually play New Vegas on the PS3 due to glitches and freezing (didnt have the internet access at the time)

Creation Club has a long way to go too. Stuff the mini add ons in DOOM outfit and back pack. Bring on new maps and quests.

Took me a while to get into this but I can see myself putting more hours into this than any game I've played. Love just luring enemy factions into each other, absolute mayhem. Lured a Mireluck Queen through the swamps and she ended up joining a battle between raiders and mutants. Then some stingwings showed up while I was hiding. Gee those things are annoying as hell.

The over emcumberance is a pain in the arse, considering I try to loot every thing I kill so I can sell it off to pay for steel and wood for my settlements. Even with the perk maxed out So I've just resorted to picking stuff up and stealing it in private, then selling it back to the vendors.

And it's very satisfying to break enemies legs and watch them hobble around virtually defenseless, after talking so much s**t to me.

We’ll get an ES6 with ESO-like elements first, which will probably be a mixed bag (great graphics, bigger world, lore; forced shitty online stuff, no offline play, microtransactions, etc)

Oh and it won’t be finished until the fourth or fifth patch, of course.

RDR2 will be watched by a lot of companies; if the GTO-erisation of that is a hit, a lot of big open-world series will follow suit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back