Tegan Higginbotham

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the bar for footy knowledge for women is set quite low if she is getting a gig.

Other females on fox actually know the game. I know her role is kind of different, but I'm still unsure of what her apparent strengths are

I think the bar for footy knowledge for women is set quite low if she is getting a gig.

Other females on fox actually know the game. I know her role is kind of different, but I'm still unsure of what her apparent strengths are

You're right. I'm all for getting women involved on footy shows and Neroli Meadows and Sarah Jones are sensational, but don't just throw a woman onto a show for the sake of it.

Nice sexism, champ
Why because she's a woman? Robbo looks like a walking talking pig hutchy Jabba the Hutt. No one says s**t but one thing about a woman it's the end of the world

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the show first started it was pig, spud, mike Sheehan most weeks and brownless. The show was great it was a good piss take. Than they brought in Fleming and it was still great. Then it went downhill when gaze came on board and then the real bounce Australia fiasco turned it into a train wreck. Bringing in token comedians has made it worse.

I watched a clip of her and she wasn't that annoying, at least not as much as I imagined from reading this thread. She seems to be a self-proclaimed pop culture expert or something - in other words, a complete nerd/dork. She's probably a nice person but her name stinks. It sounds like a Harry Potter character or the name of some dork in a progrock band.

I watched a clip of her and she wasn't that annoying, at least not as much as I imagined from reading this thread. She seems to be a self-proclaimed pop culture expert or something - in other words, a complete nerd/dork. She's probably a nice person but her name stinks. It sounds like a Harry Potter character or the name of some dork in a progrock band.
I have no idea who she is. But the Liverpool v Sydney football match on the ABC which she was one of the hosts was arguably the worst broadcast in history.

Lol nice try attempting to cover it up with that weak effort. Too late for that.
Wat8.jpg

Whilst it may not have been the most flattering observation (depends if you like pugs or not, and who doesn't?). The comment didn't show any sexism as there was no prejudice or discrimination based on her gender at all.

Men don't get judged on their appearance anywhere near as much as women if at all. What does her appearance have to do with if she is any good or not?

Men don't get judged on their appearance anywhere near as much as women if at all. What does her appearance have to do with if she is any good or not?
What does her appearance have to do whether she is good or not? Well, TV is a visual medium so whether she is male or female it will have a small effect in terms of the viewers.

As for sexism...again, you have shown zero semblance in terms of the post being sexist. I am not saying that men and women are equal in the media in terms of representation. I am only stating that you accused a poster of being sexist when there was no actual statements based on sexism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back