Division 1 2018 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob agree,far to many sides struggling to get a side out on the park in the 2's at the moment because of injuries.Personally think perhaps to much congested football might be a problem and perhaps something has be done with all this flooding in teams forward lines in local footy.

That's a fairly long bow to draw.

Why is that Bobby?

I was thinking about it and just realized that there are quite a few EFL clubs whose junior clubs play in the YJFL. It might not be who you think it is :)
Think he reckons you're donny east. Not PO so reckon either donny east, surrey or tempy?

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app

well what a finish to the season!! Bulldogs finished 3rd by the luckiest of margins . a lot of people on their phones during and after the game checking the ladder. I would say the same at blackburn . Bobby beecroft??. I know hardly any one will give Sth a chance next week against Balwyn and rightly so but miracles do happen. Don't they ???? Anyway whatever happens it has been a great season by Sth Croydon .

Yes Richy Calculators were at the ready. Was looking like a miserable afternoon for 3 quarters but then we started to roll a little & things changed completely.
Would have loved another 5 minutes.

Initially thought we may have done enough to get within 8 points, but alas Montrose didn't assist so we get to do it all again. Shame it is at Ringwood, why the league persist with that ground for 1st Division finals is beyond me (let alone any finals).

No chance Sth Croydon? You having a lend? We beat Balwyn comfortably twice (happy to avoid us?) & with no Barker or Pendelbury I give the Dogs a huge chance. Jason Want available?

Similar thoughts with our season. Lost lots of experience & have played numerous kids just out of 19s all season including today. To miss the Top 3 by the slimmest of margins is a great effort, but now very much looking forward to next week.

It was hilarious.half way thru the last quarter we were 45 points up and thought blackburn were up by 40 then we got a run on and won by 74 but the found out you only lost by 8?? then didn't know what was going on. we heard that Blackburn rested a lot in the last quarter because they knew they were in. true??
Want went overseas 6 weeks ago.
just going by results and watching both games against balwyn and vermont this year i don't think we are up to their level . lets hope I'm wrong!! it is good that both pendlebury and barker are out as they destroy us every time they play us.
lets hope its a donny v sth granny . how good would that be!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similar feelings at the end Richy. Last we knew was a 40pt difference at your game, and as we were getting closer we thought we may have done enough.
Not sure they rested any at the end, but if they did they would have come back on quick smart. Strange thing to do if that's the case, given we have taken some confidence out of what was looking a dirty day.

Would love that GF mate, & would even seek you out for a beer afterwards if that was the case. Unfortunately it's looking unlikely but great to have some different clubs in September action, & some fancied regulars miss out.

When was the last time a club was to come up from 2nd & make the finals in their 1st two years up?

Avg first div players? Which clubs? I'd assume that every one that runs out into a first division ground would get a min $100....but depending on how that club structures payments, they might have to pay back fees for insurance apparel etc. but it's this that puts the pressure on all clubs to compete in first div....or so I've heard!

If they are using all of the allocated Salary Cap (22 players, 18 rounds) ............

1st Div 225k - $570 / week average
2nd Div 150k - $380 / week average
3rd Div 100k - $250 / week average
4th Div 75k - $190 / week average

Guessing some of the first Div clubs may not be paying the full cap and plenty of the 2nd Div clubs and lower wouldnt even be close

Cheers

If they are using all of the allocated Salary Cap (22 players, 18 rounds) ............

1st Div 225k - $570 / week average
2nd Div 150k - $380 / week average
3rd Div 100k - $250 / week average
4th Div 75k - $190 / week average

Guessing some of the first Div clubs may not be paying the full cap and plenty of the 2nd Div clubs and lower wouldnt even be close

Cheers
I certainly know of a couple of first division clubs paying around half of the cap. Makes it near impossible to compete unless the resources are there.

I saw the last quarter at Ringwood and all the so called experts thought Doncaster were a big chance at 3 quarter time with the scoring end but a superb last quarter by Blackburn.Would Blackburn have the biggest supporter base in the EFL,red coats every where.

Yep, u were spot on.
What happened today ??

Beaten by a very good side. Started well but the Burners continued to work there way into the game.
Tight at 3/4 time & kicking to the 'scoring end' in the final term, unfortunately completely outplayed. Disappointing to a good year.
The Burners have a good mix of talls & smalls & really could cause some headaches for Balwyn next week. Will be an interesting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back