Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Dixie Flatline why not just use an good auto rifle instead of sidearms for shorter range engagements? Better range,easier to use and much more versatile.

Check out the omolon auto in the ign footage above. Looms amazing.

My setup will proabaly be an pulse/hc main with an auto secondary when required.

Dixie Flatline why not just use an good auto rifle instead of sidearms for shorter range engagements? Better range,easier to use and much more versatile.

Check out the omolon auto in the ign footage above. Looms amazing.

My setup will proabaly be an pulse/hc main with an auto secondary when required.

I didn't really like the auto rifles when I played with them. I'm probably more used to the sidearm/pulse due to the current Destiny 1 meta. :p

I could go with a hand cannon/pulse rifle load-out, but the pulse will probably be Nergel so that takes up the energy slot, and the hand cannon needs to be better than Better Devils.

I've been avoiding IGN's footage because I want to avoid spoilers as much as possible. Given the small size of the Beta (first story mission, a strike and two PVP modes) I don't think I've spoiled myself too much by playing it.

To be honest, I probably won't play much Crucible (really only played Crucible in year 2 and I stopped playing three months ago to concentrate on raiding) in D2 anyway.

LOL!

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/25/16029438/destiny-2-turbine-fixed

Destiny 2’s beta only features one story mission, but one part of it was so poorly designed that it left numerous players bewildered and then frustrated. Thankfully, Bungie has already tweaked the area in question in a way that should alleviate the situation.

Near the end of “Homecoming,” the opening mission of Destiny 2’s campaign, players must deactivate a generator that powers a Cabal ship’s shield. The instruction that the game offers is seemingly simple: “Overload the generator.” In order to shut down the machine, Guardians must destroy the generator’s three exhaust turbines. There are no enemies in the area. Easy as pie, right?

Nope. Many players — including hundreds of Destiny veterans, if the series’ subreddit is any indication — got stuck trying to figure out where the exhaust turbines were. It turns out that the generator chamber has three sunken compartments in its floor, each one-third of the way around the perimeter of the round room, that provide access to the turbines. (The game actually provides an on-screen indicator pointing to the first one, which is below the player’s line of sight, but it’s easy to miss.)

It’s simple enough to destroy the turbines; you just have to shoot them for a bit to shut them down. The challenge comes in surviving the trips between them. You see, the generator has two arms, which look like giant honey dippers and rotate around the room in opposite directions. You die if either of them touches you.

destiny_2_beta_turbines_1920.jpg

We’ll see you in hell, turbine arms.
Bungie/Activision via ZackScottGames/YouTube
Luke Smith, game director on Destiny 2, said in an interview with the Namek vs. Saiyanpodcast this week that he was “surprised” by the turbine section in the beta because, well, it hasn’t looked that way for a while.

“I was surprised by the turbine, because there’s only one turbine spinning in the shipping game,” said Smith. “And I was surprised to see two of ’em.”

Bungie said last week that the beta represents “a build of the game that is now months old,” so it wouldn’t be shocking for the studio to have redesigned this encounter in the interim. That’s exactly the case, according to Smith.

“That’s a great example of something that we implemented, we found it to be too challenging — you know, especially for that opening sequence of the game — and in the shipping game, we’ve removed it,” Smith explained.

Destiny 2 launches Sept. 6 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and Oct. 24 on Windows PC. Bungie will run a beta for the PC version in “late August.” For more on the beta, which ends at 9 p.m. ET today, read our in-depth impressions.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/25/16029438/destiny-2-turbine-fixed

I swear the Destiny community are the biggest bunch of entitled twelvie whingers around. They have trouble with a little section, better complain on Reddit! FWIW the section wasn't even difficult. I was surprised to see so much uproar about people struggling with it. And so what if it's a little difficult? If a game was piss-easy you'd fly through it and there would still be complaints.

LOL!

I swear the Destiny community are the biggest bunch of entitled twelvie whingers around. They have trouble with a little section, better complain on Reddit! FWIW the section wasn't even difficult. I was surprised to see so much uproar about people struggling with it. And so what if it's a little difficult? If a game was piss-easy you'd fly through it and there would still be complaints.
Didnt have a problem with it, and i suck at destiny(even though im day 1 )

Definitely some soft individuals out there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Also announced today: three new pre-order bonuses for Destiny 2.

-An Exotic Weapon called Cold Heart. A new weapon archetype - a trace rifle. Not sure which slot it goes in. Assuming it's a Power Weapon. It's basically a "laser"
Dr-Evil-Laser.jpg

-A Tracker ghost. Apparently it tracks your kills for PvE and PvP. I wonder if this will eliminate the need for third party statistic websites?

-New Emote: Salute.

Last edited:
Great, NBN build commences in my estate in September. Best time for interruptions ;_;
Boohoo!

My area has the NBN either side of me and the cutoff was literally 200m from my house, they decided to leave a small 1.4km section without the NBN and won't be coming back until April-June next year.

Boohoo!

My area has the NBN either side of me and the cutoff was literally 200m from my house, they decided to leave a small 1.4km section without the NBN and won't be coming back until April-June next year.

Damn!

I'm already on cable so I'm not too fussed about NBN. I want to stay with Telstra but will get slower speeds (already on cable so they're only doing fibre to the node) unless I get the speed boost which a dude at a Telstra shop reckons I can dispute and get for free anyway. But still, horrible time for net disruptions right as Destiny comes out :straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Less than a month to go, 28 days to be exact.

Curious to know what class everyone is going to choose first?
I'm going to start with a Titan named 'Josh'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back