Political Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
but... but... but... the Greens!

If it's true that his mum made him an Italian citizen without his knowledge, that's crazy. An adult, without signing anything, becomes a citizen of another country? Found a way to get people we don't like out of parliament - start signing them up for foreign citizenships!

Has it been confirmed that he has Italian citizenship?
He does, that's not in question.

Also, ASIO and DFAT should of known, Also he would of found out when he got a passport.

Puuhhhlllleeease I could win a seat easily....

;)

Hey DemagogueCrow

Can you give me a quick lesson on what's going on with the healthcare bill?

I see McCain got off his deathbed, and voted on debating the bill - yet everyone called him traitor

So, the senate is now debating the bill(s) no one's seen? and then they'll be voted on?

So really, he got the ball rolling so they could be voted on only? has he voted for any of them?

I think by bringing the vote on, he's hastened its demise, since McConnell now has less time to find the numbers to pass it... so he's actually done something good... right?

Hey DemagogueCrow

Can you give me a quick lesson on what's going on with the healthcare bill?

I see McCain got off his deathbed, and voted on debating the bill - yet everyone called him traitor

So, the senate is now debating the bill(s) no one's seen? and then they'll be voted on?

So really, he got the ball rolling so they could be voted on only? has he voted for any of them?

I think by bringing the vote on, he's hastened its demise, since McConnell now has less time to find the numbers to pass it... so he's actually done something good... right?

Incorrect, McCain is the epitome of a fraud.

He claimed he was voting for the motion to proceed but would not vote for the bill as it stood.

6 hours later he voted for the bill which would have been a clean repeal.

As an aside, he has voted with Trump over 90% of time.

He is a clown

They will pass a "skinny repeal" in the wee hours of the morning Friday

It will strip millions of healthcare and premiums for most of us will skyrocket in 2018

Good times

He claimed he was voting for the motion to proceed but would not vote for the bill as it stood.

Ah HA!

So... when everyone went batshit crazy on him for voting for the debate, he was still cool then, but then he backflipped and did vote for the repeal, gotcha.

It happened overnight here, so IIRC when i went to bed he'd voted to start debate, and when i got up a bill had been defeated, so i wasn't sure what was going on.

So he did vote to repeal? for a bloke with brain cancer who gets free healthcare in his position, he votes to take it away from everyone else...

and if he's got brain cancer, it's his last go around the senate - he's doesn't have to vote for his own future, he can vote how he likes - but he chose to repeal.

So... he's hated now?

I did see a great tweet yesterday, it was a pisstake of Obama's tweet about McCain fighting cancer, but instead it was McCain fighting the healthcare bill. How apt.

yeah, i notice he keeps saying Trump is a disgrace, but he keeps voting for Trump's bills. I guess the GOP are happy to have sold themselves out just to get their legislation through. Will they pay for it in the long run?

Still can't believe the GOP had what six seven years to work out what they wanted to do, and it's been ******* amateur hour, they can't do a thing and they CONTROL BOTH HOUSES

It's akin to not being able to organise a root in a brothel, piss up in a brewery, etc.

It's a ruse the Republicans are running. They want to be able to say they fulfilled their 7 year old promise to "repeal and replace"

They MUST pass something. They will argue 2 things to constituents:

1) that the ACA was dying

--this ignores the fact that whilst it was not perfect, the current administration willfully and intentionally caused private insurance carriers to bail by signaling they would not fund subsidies for participating in ACA

2) that they wanted to pass a replacement but the Democrats wouldn't let them

---this ignored fact they a) had no replacement after 7 years b) can pass whatever replacement they wish without need of a single D vote

Will it work? These are constituents they rely on for votes who think Trump won the popular vote--cause he told them he did

Hell yes they will get away with it

what's that nutter Paul Ryan working on while all this stuff is going down?

If he is anything like the guy I knew in the classroom his head is so far up whoever's ass he believes in charge that he can't see straight. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is ALL you need to know about PR

In political science class at university, myself and some mates would sit in the back of the class. We had everyone's name on sheets of paper arranged in bingo sheet squares. When a classmate volunteered for an answer you would tick the box. When you had a bingo then you had to raise your hand and answer the Professor's question using a predetermined word to alert anyone playing you had "bingo". Yes, the word to be used in a sentence was often nonsensical and/or unrelated to topic at hand. That was the fun in it. (also there was beer on the line here)

Anyhow, PR was the "free space" on the middle of everyone's sheets because there was never a second his hand wasn't in the air. Guy was a tremendous Grade A Tool.

Course, he had the last laugh on me---dude is Speaker of the House, is set for life and 3rd in line for the Presidency. :eek:

I could not have been more wrong about McCain--wow

I stand corrected Senator, you actually did the right thing when push came to shove.

I hope BOTH parties now sit down and fix the damn issues

McCain had his slice of redemption today but when you look at the whole picture, he's still a Republican. He falls in line with the party 99% of the time. Now I'm not really a believer but if there is a hell or place of eternal suffering, you can bet McCain will end up there.

McCain had his slice of redemption today but when you look at the whole picture, he's still a Republican. He falls in line with the party 99% of the time. Now I'm not really a believer but if there is a hell or place of eternal suffering, you can bet McCain will end up there.

He is a party guy--which makes it remarkable he broke ranks here.

People can change and if this leads to a truly bipartisan re-work of health care, he ALONG with the female senators deserve thanks.

Also it exposes once more the true nature of the creature occupying the WH and that is never a bad thing in my book

He is a party guy--which makes it remarkable he broke ranks here.

People can change and if this leads to a truly bipartisan re-work of health care, he ALONG with the female senators deserve thanks.

Also it exposes once more the true nature of the creature occupying the WH and that is never a bad thing in my book

In regards to the orange turd exposing himself, Trump is openly talking about defunding the ACA letting it implode. It's got to be only the die hard Trump voters supporting this kind of rhetoric. How is he going to be able to blame Obama for the poor state of the ACA when he's tweeting his plans to sabotage it? Surely voters will hold him accountable for this. I know the die hard Trumpeteers are too far gone but what about Democrats and Moderate Republicans? Surely sanity has to prevail at some point.

In regards to the orange turd exposing himself, Trump is openly talking about defunding the ACA letting it implode. It's got to be only the die hard Trump voters supporting this kind of rhetoric. How is he going to be able to blame Obama for the poor state of the ACA when he's tweeting his plans to sabotage it? Surely voters will hold him accountable for this. I know the die hard Trumpeteers are too far gone but what about Democrats and Moderate Republicans? Surely sanity has to prevail at some point.

One would hope. Except the orange nightmare is just as likely to try to order our military to attack Australia this morning as anything else. SMDH

Incorrect, McCain is the epitome of a fraud.

As an aside, he has voted with Trump over 90% of time.

He is a clown

They will pass a "skinny repeal" in the wee hours of the morning Friday

It will strip millions of healthcare and premiums for most of us will skyrocket in 2018

Good times

Ah it's already being discussed...

...now he's a hero, right?

And you went to uni sorry college with Paul Ryan

Hilarious

Ah it's already being discussed...

...now he's a hero, right?

And you went to uni sorry college with Paul Ryan

Hilarious

Yep..can you f'ing believe it?

McCain did the right thing---these days that is the minimum bar for being a hero in this country....sad as it is to admit.

Yep..can you f'ing believe it?

McCain did the right thing---these days that is the minimum bar for being a hero in this country....sad as it is to admit.

Considering all the s**t Trump has given McCain - "i like heroes who don't get captured", etc. - it's ******* hilariously poetic.

In Australia we'd say Trump just got hit by the Karma bus. Except instead of being a bus, it was one of these:

70b8025cef21aa1ab4135c5f6d27fcc4.jpg

Considering all the s**t Trump has given McCain - "i like heroes who don't get captured", etc. - it's ******* hilariously poetic.

In Australia we'd say Trump just got hit by the Karma bus. Except instead of being a bus, it was one of these:

70b8025cef21aa1ab4135c5f6d27fcc4.jpg

You know its funny mate, I was thinking the same damn thing. I wonder how much of an effect Trump's bullying nature affected McCain. You would have to think it tipped the scales.

Were it me, I know it would have in an instant.

McCain's made a lot of noise about the process behind the bill being piss-poor; about the office of the presidency being shamed, etc.

Maybe he'd have voted this way anyway, but i bet he smiled a bit on the inside

I'm waiting for his detractors to come out and say the brain tumour is affecting his mind, he shouldn't even be in the senate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back