Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Who would you rather at the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how i reckon it will happen

Motlop- Will leave and we will get compo for a 2nd Rounder

We will use the 2 2nd round draft picks and give that to GWS for Smith and Hopper. ( one from Carlton )

Ablett will come for 3rd rounder as GC wont get what they want but will help relieve them with cash

And thats how it will happen lol

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pick 20 and 35 (motlop compo) wont get both, 20 and 21 might. Although we might involve our 2018 1st in a trade.

Are you serious? Motlops had a poor last 8 weeks but he has WAY, WAY more value than a 34 injury riddled Ablett.

Ablett caries the same value as Mitchell (pick 88) or Sj (round 5).

If Gold Coast stupidly plays hard ball and holds him against his will do he costs anything more than a R3 pick I hope we pass. No 34 year old is worth more.

Meanwhile motlop, 26 year old with 100 games in front of him would net us a R1 or end of R1 if he leaves for more money than he is currently on. If he's not offered more money he will stay. Different ball parks but you've got it the other way around.

I agree on ablett but you need to remember the motlop compo would be based on the salary the new club offers him which is unlikely to be huge. He is unlikely to get us round 1 compo.

I agree on ablett but you need to remember the motlop compo would be based on the salary the new club offers him which is unlikely to be huge. He is unlikely to get us round 1 compo.

He's on about 500k now, I'm assuming we'd offer something similar/slightly less. Accordingly, it'd take more money for him to go, say 600k if that's the case it'll be R1 or end if R1.

I doubt other clubs would offer that so I think he'll stay.

The predetermined misconceptions on motlop by some posters here are ridiculous

He's on about 500k now, I'm assuming we'd offer something similar/slightly less. Accordingly, it'd take more money for him to go, say 600k if that's the case it'll be R1 or end if R1.

I doubt other clubs would offer that so I think he'll stay.

The predetermined misconceptions on motlop by some posters here are ridiculous

Mayne scooter vickery and higgins were all 450-500 and second round compo and that was under the old salary cap which has gone up 20%. You would need 800k min for round 1 compo now.

Tbh i don't think wells will care a lot what the compo pick is. I expect it will come down to what $ motlop is prepared to accept vs who ele he can trade in with the same $. If that represents value we will want to keep him and if it doesn't we won't regardless of what the compo pick is.

Off Contract 2017: Jed Bews, Aaron Black, Wylie Buzza, Josh Cowan, Jordan Cunico, Ryan Gardner, Matthew Hayball, Jake Kolodjashnij, Darcy Lang, Tom Lonergan, Andrew Mackie, Lincoln McCarthy, Daniel Menzel, Steven Motlop, Mark O'Connor, Tom Ruggles, Scott Selwood, Rhys Stanley

Looking at this group I would like to see us do this:
Re-sign: Bews, Buzza, Cunico, Gardner, Kolo, Lang, McCarthy, Menzel, Selwood, Mackie
Trade/FA: Stanley, Motlop
Delist: Black, Cowan, Hayball, O'Connor, Ruggles
Retire: Lonergan

Off Contract 2017: Jed Bews, Aaron Black, Wylie Buzza, Josh Cowan, Jordan Cunico, Ryan Gardner, Matthew Hayball, Jake Kolodjashnij, Darcy Lang, Tom Lonergan, Andrew Mackie, Lincoln McCarthy, Daniel Menzel, Steven Motlop, Mark O'Connor, Tom Ruggles, Scott Selwood, Rhys Stanley

Re-sign: Bews, Buzza, Cunico, Gardner, Kolo, Lang, McCarthy, Menzel, Selwood, Mackie

Mccarthy is contracted until 2019 as is Scott Selwood.

I wouldn't delist ruggles (useful depth) or oconnor (shown more than we would have expected in his 1st year).

Agree on the rest.

That would be a brutal delisting.

Irish bloke who's played about 10 games of the sport in his life, who already earned games at AFL level. Doesn't take up a list spot, or much salary cap space.
We've given every category b rookie more time than that, and he's shown more in his first year than all of them.

The other aspect is it depends who asks for a trade. E.g. if hopper comes ghs is contracted but he might ask for a trade elsewhere for more opportunities or if smith and ablett come a front half player like say lang might ask to go somewhere, so that could affect the numbers off the list also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kolo for Ablett and GC's third rounder ;)

Kolo is out of contract and bris and gc will have early psd picks.

If he leaves for qld we will be lucky to get a pick in the 60s ala kersten.

Is this guy for real
O'Connor is still developing, Ruggles played a full season last year, had an injury interupted year and he wants both delisted. What about House, Abbott, Henry not even a mention of them

House and abbott i expect are contracted and should stay regardless. I would keep henry.

Is this guy for real
O'Connor is still developing, Ruggles played a full season last year, had an injury interupted year and he wants both delisted. What about House, Abbott, Henry not even a mention of them
House, Abbott and Henry are contracted. I like Ruggles but he isn't AFL level. O'Connor I'm on the fence about but don't see a lot of potential. Put a bit of thought in to your posts if you want a proper discussion.

Kolo is out of contract and bris and gc will have early psd picks.

If he leaves for qld we will be lucky to get a pick in the 60s ala kersten.
The winky face was my wishful thinking, Cochrane won't let Ablett go for nothing so I'm thinking he'll request a package including Kolo

House, Abbott and Henry are contracted. I like Ruggles but he isn't AFL level. O'Connor I'm on the fence about but don't see a lot of potential. Put a bit of thought in to your posts if you want a proper discussion.

Look O Connor will only make it as a HBF. He has some serious pace but he needs to refine his kicking and distribution. A work in progress

Kolo for Ablett and GC's third rounder ;)
Kolo and management are in discussions with the club currently.

I would expect deal to be done.

You will need GAJ collateral from somewhere else IMO.

Go Catters

Perhaps - but neither was Bews and look at his turnaround. Id not be so quick to push Ruggles of the island. Not that either will be PFD - but players can improve with time and experience and IMO its too early to boot him.

Go Catters

Perhaps - but neither was Bews and look at his turnaround. Id not be so quick to push Ruggles of the island. Not that either will be PFD - but players can improve with time and experience and IMO its too early to boot him.

Go Catters
You're probably right and I've defended Ruggles in the past. I love his passion and how he gets under the oppo's skin. Maybe he'll get a 1 year deal and they'll see how he goes once hes played 30-40 afl level games.

You're probably right and I've defended Ruggles in the past. I love his passion and how he gets under the oppo's skin. Maybe he'll get a 1 year deal and they'll see how he goes once hes played 30-40 afl level games.
And im not suggesting he's the second coming or anything - but id like to see him after 60 -70 games and make the call then.

GO Catters

I'll be seriously annoyed if we miss out on a Smith, Hopper etc because of Ablett. If our cap is as tight as the media are reporting, we need to ensure Ablett is put at the back of the queue. Once we land someone like Hopper, we can then look at assessing whether we can afford an extra $400k or so for Ablett. It seems Smith is off the table anyway. He said recently he wants to sign for 2-years with GWS then qualify as a free agent. More or less said he will sell himself to the highest bidder in 2-years time IMO. Still, Hopper seems very much available..

Ruggles is a rare player for us. He brings a hard edge not many of us have. Especially since we are filled with soft utensils like Motlop, Guthrie, Lang and Stanley

Then why can't he get a game? I'm a Ruggles fan but he was dropped early this year and has been overtaken by others. At this stage he hasn't even been offered a contract. Likely to be put on the trade table at years end. I'd prefer to keep him as depth though..

Why would you delist Ruggles, he is exactly what we dont have in the side at the moment, a hard head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back