Player Watch #4: Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the best analysis of 'market value' i have read in from Jonathan Vaughters a team principal in professional cycling, it is complicated gestalt.

remember thru the 90s, SOS was getting screwed at Carlton, but Kouta was getting Carey type salary.

And RCarr is an outsider. I would like Dusty to get managed by Conners or Pickering or Scott Lucas.

And, my post considered the fact his was not in the top 3 players in the league three years back.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...d/news-story/fc3a2a38979ae84754dd6f1dd43a6668

This Pickering?

the best analysis of 'market value' i have read in from Jonathan Vaughters a team principal in professional cycling, it is complicated gestalt.

remember thru the 90s, SOS was getting screwed at Carlton, but Kouta was getting Carey type salary.

And RCarr is an outsider. I would like Dusty to get managed by Conners or Pickering or Scott Lucas.

And, my post considered the fact his was not in the top 3 players in the league three years back.

I don't understand what your getting at.

You were saying we screwed Dustin because we didn't pay him more than his worth??? in a hope that he signs this contract for less than his worth? What happens if Carr still wants market value for Dusty?

I'm just saying we didn't screw Dusty out of a couple hundred thousand. The whole GWS fiasco was two contracts ago, he signed the last one no fuss during th season. No dramas and no tours.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but Robbo on AFL 360 said he spoke with GWS people yesterday and they said they have no plans for or interest in Dustin Martin.

I reckon the Swans stuff is fair dinkum and got the Tigers nervous.
What will be will be. As long as he doesn't * us around and give us time to get something done if he's going is my only concern.

I reckon the Swans stuff is fair dinkum and got the Tigers nervous.
What will be will be. As long as he doesn't **** us around and give us time to get something done if he's going is my only concern.

This is the at the core of the whole thing. What if Dustin waiting until the end of the year prevents us from landing a replacement? A very real possibility

This is the at the core of the whole thing. What if Dustin waiting until the end of the year prevents us from landing a replacement? A very real possibility
That's the one and only thing I would resent. If he goes he goes.

he is being paid considerably unders currently. Pierik or Niall said about 650k.

the management sought to punish the inexperienced and ignorant wig-wearer, RCarr, for trying to screw Punt Rd last time.

they played the zero-sum game, and thought they got a massive win over RCarr. So ignorant and shortsighted by management. They should have effected and fomented a strong working relationship with RCarr. It was never a ZERO SUM fungible transaction. The best two or three players in the league, should not get paid 650k***

*** ok, was this contract for two or three years, two or three years ago? So I recognise this point, my position still stands. We screwed Dusty/RCarr out of a few hundred k.

how generously did Carlton treat CJudd? And he gave back money of the final years of his contracted.

So shortsighted, a paucity of intellect in footy management i am sorry to say

so if it was niall or pierik, what they had to say, just facts, opened my eyes. I know RCarr took Dusty on a visity to Picnic Point or whatever the place is in the inner West of Sydney.

What they did do, with paying Dusty unders, was overpaying meatball and caddy. think about that for a second. RCarr does not look evil in hindsight, even with the ridiculous toupee, if that is how you spell toupee? anyone?

You've gone on rant and its factually incorrect...

Dusty has signed a new contract without any issues and was in the offseason since that 'standoff'.

He is only 26 now and at the peak of his powers, he was not under paid and even as a 22 year old he was on between 5-600k from media reports.

Last edited:
I hate those bastards but they do have a good list. Put Dusty in their team and it becomes scarey.
No idea what type of room they have in their cap, but if I was in their shoes I'd be going hard at him.

Druggies have an unlimited cap as shown by the continued payouts, which in all truthfulness should be under the cap

he is being paid considerably unders currently. Pierik or Niall said about 650k.

the management sought to punish the inexperienced and ignorant wig-wearer, RCarr, for trying to screw Punt Rd last time.

they played the zero-sum game, and thought they got a massive win over RCarr. So ignorant and shortsighted by management. They should have effected and fomented a strong working relationship with RCarr. It was never a ZERO SUM fungible transaction. The best two or three players in the league, should not get paid 650k***

*** ok, was this contract for two or three years, two or three years ago? So I recognise this point, my position still stands. We screwed Dusty/RCarr out of a few hundred k.

how generously did Carlton treat CJudd? And he gave back money of the final years of his contracted.

So shortsighted, a paucity of intellect in footy management i am sorry to say

so if it was niall or pierik, what they had to say, just facts, opened my eyes. I know RCarr took Dusty on a visity to Picnic Point or whatever the place is in the inner West of Sydney.

What they did do, with paying Dusty unders, was overpaying meatball and caddy. think about that for a second. RCarr does not look evil in hindsight, even with the ridiculous toupee, if that is how you spell toupee? anyone?

So very true discount dan was lauded at the time, however it may come back to bite the club on the arse

Mum plays poker sometimes on Mondays with his mum Kathy at the Peppermill Inn in Bendigo. She just told me Kath said that the biggest offer by far that he has on the table is from a non victorian team and he is considering it seriously. We are aware of the offer.

Last edited:
So very true discount dan was lauded at the time, however it may come back to bite the club on the arse

How? Dusty rejects offer, is shopped around, no takers, new offer tabled he accepts. If he didnt like it he could have nominated for the draft. Club did exactly what it should have done at the time.

No, blackcat is making the same mistake home buyers make

In a system like ours, price is dictated by the market. We didnt pay unders, because if our offer was significantly below other clubs, it would have been knocked back.

Value is a different question. In hindsight, looking at the last two seasons, would the 18 clubs have offered more AND would martin have insisted on more? The answer is yes, because his value improved significantly over the last two years because his performance has exceeded that of 3-4 years prior.

We didnt rip him off. We made a market priced offer and it was accepted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans rumours gaining momentum - not sure how they can fit him in, but offer regular finals and anonymity, he knows the city. Unlike stk and norf , would not be the sole focus media wise as its a very much still the buddy show up here.

Mum plays poker sometimes on Mondays with his mum Kathy at the Peppermill Inn in Bendigo.
Wheres that mate? I live in Tatura, and go to work in Bendigo a lot. I know there is a Peppermill in Shepp, but don't know of one in Bendigo....

Have 99% convinced myself that Dustin Martin will be playing for Sydney next season.
No evidence, just the feeling of dread that I have.
Will be the beginning of the end of my #eci :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back