Jordan De Goey v Jayden Laverde

Who will end up the better player?

• Jordan De Goey

• Jayden Laverde

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Referring to yourself again? Laverde average in his first game back from a serious injury? Shocked to be sitting here.
Laverde leading the poll having shown absolutely nothing while De Goey dominates. It's clear who the idiots are.

Laverde leading the poll having shown absolutely nothing while De Goey dominates. It's clear who the idiots are.
Just keep digging. I don't see anyone saying that De Goey isn't a gun. It's almost as if he's played more than double the games Laverde has due to the latter's injuries...

Just keep digging. I don't see anyone saying that De Goey isn't a gun. It's almost as if he's played more than double the games Laverde has due to the latter's injuries...
Read the comments.

Read the comments.
So, there is one who says Laverde easily and another who thinks De Goey is pretty vanilla. Everyone else says that he's a gun, and there are quite a few more disparaging comments regarding Laverde in comparison to De Goey.

How come you didn't bump this after the last time we played you? De Goey had a ripper(if you like soul crushing turnovers).
Seen them plenty of times, bumped it when I witnessed his greatness.

De Goey will be a star, has been a long way ahead of Laverde since he was drafted (mainly due to Laverde's injuries though), and the gap is bigger now than ever. Surprised at the poll result, but Laverde will improve, good to see him back on the field.

The poll was made in 2015...

Laverde has played 19 games in his career because of injuries. De Goey has played 47 games and could've played more had he not have been suspended earlier in the year. He'll be a 50 gamer by the end of the year.

He played more games in 2016 than Laverde has in his whole career. Really no point to the bump

The poll was made in 2015...

Laverde has played 19 games in his career because of injuries. De Goey has played 47 games and could've played more had he not have been suspended earlier in the year. He'll be a 50 gamer by the end of the year.

He played more games in 2016 than Laverde has in his whole career. Really no point to the bump
Plenty of point. One has shown plenty and the other nothing for whatever reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of point. One has shown plenty and the other nothing for whatever reasons.
Okay then talk about it in the De Goey thread on the main board. Nothing to do with Laverde because he has been injured.

Not enough sample to compare the two from. De Goey wasn't a stand out in his first 2 years.

Okay then talk about it in the De Goey thread on the main board. Nothing to do with Laverde because he has been injured.

Not enough sample to compare the two from. De Goey wasn't a stand out in his first 2 years.
Thanks for the advice but I'll talk about it right here :thumbsu:

I just hope Laverde can have some luck with injuries and finish of the season fit and healthy. He missed about 14 games with an ankle injury and has now just returned to the seniors after building him in the VFL for 3 weeks so hopefully another 4-5 games and we will see a bit of what he can do.

De Goey clearly ahead but there's a long way to go in this particular race.

One thing that gives me hope is Laverde's injuries have been unrelated - he doesn't have a persistent issue - like last year he missed a bunch of games because a ruckman fell on his shoulder. So there is some hope that he will get over this patch.

Thanks for the advice but I'll talk about it right here :thumbsu:
guess you've got to hang your hat on something. Not a lot else you can really find the positives about.

So enjoy your little strut around based on De Goey playing better than a guy who's been out 90% of the year injured. Not entirely sure it will last for long and you won't potentially face a pretty substantial backfire, but even so, as long as there's something to strut about for a Pies supporter I suppose that's all that matter

guess you've got to hang your hat on something. Not a lot else you can really find the positives about.

So enjoy your little strut around based on De Goey playing better than a guy who's been out 90% of the year injured. Not entirely sure it will last for long and you won't potentially face a pretty substantial backfire, but even so, as long as there's something to strut about for a Pies supporter I suppose that's all that matter
You gotta take the little wins when you can get them.

Even if it is point scoring over a recruit out performing a player that has been cruelled by injury and was taken in the second round, as opposed to pick number 5?

Little wins indeed.
I didn't make the poll I just voted correctly

And then engaged in discussion trying to point score.......
Because I'm right. It's a poll comparing two players. One has proven to be better than the other at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back