India tour Sri Lanka- 3 test, 5 ODI, 1 T20I.

Remove this Banner Ad

mugiwara

Team Captain
Dec 20, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
India
Fixtures- http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/series/1109595.html?template=fixtures

Squads - http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/squad/index.html?object=1109595

KL Rahul is missing out from the first test due Viral fever which makes India's two regular openers missing out. ( Vijay is out of the series too). That means Dhawan will get a golden opportunity to cement his place and will give Mukund final chance to redeem himself.

From the Lankan side; newly appointed captain, Chandimal will miss 1st test due to pneumonia. So, Herath will lead the side.

There is also 5 ODIs and a T20 in this tour.

Rahul out of the first Test, so if looks like we'll be going back to basics with our top two. Also, Vijay has withdrawn from the otherwise I'd have these two opening.

1. Shikhar
2. Rohit
(would like to see Mukund get a chance, but for some reason I see this as the likely opening combination.
3. Pujara
4. Kohli
5. Rahane
6. Hardik / Kuldeep (Kuldeep would obviously bat after Jadeja, instead of 6th)
7. Ashwin
8. Saha
9. Jadeja
10. Umesh
11. Bhuvi

Also Ravi Shastri is now coach of this great team.

There is also 5 ODIs and a T20 in this tour.

Rahul out of the first Test, so if looks like we'll be going back to basics with our top two. Also, Vijay has withdrawn from the otherwise I'd have these two opening.

1. Shikhar
2. Rohit
(would like to see Mukund get a chance, but for some reason I see this as the likely opening combination.
3. Pujara
4. Kohli
5. Rahane
6. Hardik / Kuldeep (Kuldeep would obviously bat after Jadeja, instead of 6th)
7. Ashwin
8. Saha
9. Jadeja
10. Umesh
11. Bhuvi

Also Ravi Shastri is now coach of this great team.
Rohit will not survie if he opens or even plays. He should not be in the team.

I would replace him with Mukund and play Kuldeep instead of Pandya. Kuldeep is a genuine wicket taker and handy with bat. And Shami is a must for me. He is very good with old ball as well.

Dhawan
Mukund
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Saha
Jaddu
Ashwin
Kuldeep
Shami
Umesh

Pandya received the cap. NO !!! He is not a test material yet. His bowling is below par for longer formats. Since Pandya is there, looks like Kuldeep will miss out. Pity.

Pandya received the cap. NO !!! He is not a test material yet. His bowling is below par for longer formats. Since Pandya is there, looks like Kuldeep will miss out. Pity.

Think they're playing Pandya with a view towards the overseas tests coming up. If we can play a seam bowling all rounder that would offer a lot of flexibility.

I'm more worried about his batting being of test quality though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think they're playing Pandya with a view towards the overseas tests coming up. If we can play a seam bowling all rounder that would offer a lot of flexibility.

I'm more worried about his batting being of test quality though.

Ya, that's true.
The update to the cricinfo app is terrible

That's why I switched to cricbuzz now.

lol Dhawan is on rampage. He fixed his spot for the rest of the tour and next series too. This will be the end for Mukund as Rahul will likely come back for next test.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all I have gotten out of this test is how annoying is the crow it's all I can hear an how bad SL test cricket team is,

Another 600. Good to see Saha and Jaddu getting some runs.

I don't think I've ever seen cricket played in such visibly - on TV - uncomfortable conditions as I did yesterday.
Turned the TV on to see Nuwan Pardeep bowling his 4th over. He looked like Dave Grohl at the end of a 3 hour concert, and his shirt may as well have been made of glad wrap it was so see through

That's amazing batting by Pandya ! Well deserved ton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back