Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Might of missed it but what sought of stadium deals do the 2 clubs have, is it similar to what they have at Subiaco?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pot, meet kettle. You guys are notorious for it.

Do appreciate your photo updates though

Just joking... all fans of a club always use that joke when talking about opposition fans.

But I did enjoy your use of the classic "No I'm not, you are" comeback line. ;)

Doesn't that just make it building?
And the years they did well, well builders do take a fair lot of breaks! :p

They are using classic wharfie work practices.
"It's wharfie time boys (everybody out!) :)

I wouldn't put it past the AFL to have the first fixture at Perth Stadium as a Collingwood v Carlton game just to have a laugh at WCE and Freo's expense.

Resolution of the WAFC funding model holding up the deal for AFL footy at the new stadium appears to be getting closer:

A looming deal to guarantee WA football’s financial future would involve the WAFC being granted rent-free use of the new $1.4 billion Perth Stadium to host the WAFL grand final starting from next year.

The commission would still need to pay additional costs to host the showpiece match at Burswood such as staffing, security and power usage.

A crowd of at least 20,000 is needed to make the move viable. Playing the WAFL grand final at the Perth Stadium is likely to be trialled in 2018.
https://thewest.com.au/news/perth/demolition-for-subiaco-oval-stands-ng-b88547444z

Resolution of the WAFC funding model holding up the deal for AFL footy at the new stadium appears to be getting closer:

A looming deal to guarantee WA football’s financial future would involve the WAFC being granted rent-free use of the new $1.4 billion Perth Stadium to host the WAFL grand final starting from next year.

The commission would still need to pay additional costs to host the showpiece match at Burswood such as staffing, security and power usage.

A crowd of at least 20,000 is needed to make the move viable. Playing the WAFL grand final at the Perth Stadium is likely to be trialled in 2018.
https://thewest.com.au/news/perth/demolition-for-subiaco-oval-stands-ng-b88547444z

WACA would be better, just need to extend the ground a tad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back