FTA-TV AFL 360 - Season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not the pride round I have a problem with, it's that there is a different social issue seemingly every week spoken about and pushed by afl and the media.

Footy used to be escape from all that wasn't right in the world and now I hear more about it watching footy than anywhere else.
Its a footy issue though because it relates to crowd behaviour

Mate the people who watch AFL 360 are not the demographic going to the game yelling racist and homophobic things etc.
Firstly, you don't know that for sure. Just because you and I (I assume) don't behave like dickheads at the footy, doesn't mean that we should forget that there are others that do.

Secondly, the pride game isn't a FoxFooty initiative, its an AFL initiative. Almost all the footy shows I would imagine will be talking about and promoting the pride game, like they all did with the freeze at the G.

Some of the "socially aware" stuff on AFL360 I tend to agree with you on, and I do have to wonder at times what some of it has to do with footy, but the pride game isn't one of those things I dont think.

Great let's turn every single round into an event for someone
Let's have midget round
Then dumb people round
Left handed round
Ugly round

They have a giant March through the city, why cant footy be about footy

Why? You feeling left out?

Firstly, you don't know that for sure. Just because you and I (I assume) don't behave like dickheads at the footy, doesn't mean that we should forget that there are others that do.

Secondly, the pride game isn't a FoxFooty initiative, its an AFL initiative. Almost all the footy shows I would imagine will be talking about and promoting the pride game, like they all did with the freeze at the G.

Some of the "socially aware" stuff on AFL360 I tend to agree with you on, and I do have to wonder at times what some of it has to do with footy, but the pride game isn't one of those things I dont think.

Mate I don't wanna focus on the pride game, it was used as an example of many examples

Why? You feeling left out?

Here's your problem, you get abused for offering a contrary opinion to the issues these days. All these things are supposed to promote tolerance but if you dare ask a question then abuse is OK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a contractual requirement that no one has to sit too close to Robbo.
It's a health and safety issue. With those wrists constantly flailing and the slaps to the regulars biceps, the lawyers would have a fit for the length of the show if guests were sitting anywhere near him.

I like the show and have watched it for years, but it feels a bit stale with the same coaches and players on week after week on a Monday and Tuesday night.

I like the show and have watched it for years, but it feels a bit stale with the same coaches and players on week after week on a Monday and Tuesday night.
I'm the same, I complain about those two nights but end up watching it most times. However I normally fast forward the coaches and players.

I've said it before in this thread I think but they really don't need any guests on Monday night. I love watching the two hosts go back and forth about the games just gone and any talking points from the weekend. The first 20 mins on Monday is my favourite part of the show during the week for that reason. The coaches then come on, the mood changes and it kills the momentum of the show.

I find all interviews with current players/coaches boring, at any stage during the year (AFL360, media conference, game day, post match etc.) Learn nothing at all.

I'm the same, I complain about those two nights but end up watching it most times. However I normally fast forward the coaches and players.

I've said it before in this thread I think but they really don't need any guests on Monday night. I love watching the two hosts go back and forth about the games just gone and any talking points from the weekend. The first 20 mins on Monday is my favourite part of the show during the week for that reason. The coaches then come on, the mood changes and it kills the momentum of the show.

I find all interviews with current players/coaches boring, at any stage during the year (AFL360, media conference, game day, post match etc.) Learn nothing at all.
Agree totally. I fast forward the coaches and players bits too.

It's a health and safety issue. With those wrists constantly flailing and the slaps to the regulars biceps, the lawyers would have a fit for the length of the show if guests were sitting anywhere near him.

Less of an issue than alcohol fumes that could tranquilise a horse.

And we won't mention curry night...

Agree totally. I fast forward the coaches and players bits too.
It's amazing the people who run this show don't get this.

To be honest shows with players are boring. Most players are boring to listen to. Players make the Footy Show boring (as well as former player over 70 and completely unfunny.

Enjoy the Front Bar because there is no players.

To be honest shows with players are boring. Most players are boring to listen to. Players make the Footy Show boring (as well as former player over 70 and completely unfunny.

Completely agree. Retired players I don't mind because they're a bit more willing to go away from talking in cliches, but I really couldn't give a s**t about what Jordan Lewis and Jack Riewoldt have to say. Chris Scott actually has some good things to say but Richo is a throwback to how boring Roos was when he was on.

The Front Bar (and Before the Game before it) works because they got people who actually have talent and experience as entertainers to run the show. Never understood the appeal of the footy show. Running gags between a few mates about being old/fat/hairy and a few footy players in suits give their tips and show pictures of their kids, pad it out for 3 hours and don't even think about talking about the footy. Somehow became one of the most successful long-running shows in Australian history.

Last edited:

Yep. The networks seem to be obsessed with this idea that "the fans want more access to the players", but in reality 99% of them are as boring as bat sh1t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back