Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

I am actually optimistic about our offence. Probably 2 of the 4 best receivers on paper in Ravens history plus a former first round pick who is finally injury free.

I also like the change in run blocking scheme. Much prefer power based against defenders that are mostly designed to rush the QB and not to stop the run.

I am actually optimistic about our offence. Probably 2 of the 4 best receivers on paper in Ravens history plus a former first round pick who is finally injury free.

I also like the change in run blocking scheme. Much prefer power based against defenders that are mostly designed to rush the QB and not to stop the run.

To me so many questions.. if everything clicks who knows the offense might be good.

But Maclin is coming of a down year in Kansas City (possibly due to injury) has he lost a step? Was it just the injury?
Perriman who knows. If he can stay fit maybe he shows something.. maybe he doesnt.
Can Mike Wallace repeat what he did last year?
Losing Flacco's security blanket in Pitta hurts. Can the other TE's step it up. I personally wouldnt be relying on Ben Watson... part of the reason why I hope we sign Barnidge.
Woodhead coming off an ACL.. how does this effect him? What will he bring us.
A fair few O-Line questions as well.

To me so many questions.. if everything clicks who knows the offense might be good.

But Maclin is coming of a down year in Kansas City (possibly due to injury) has he lost a step? Was it just the injury?
Perriman who knows. If he can stay fit maybe he shows something.. maybe he doesnt.
Can Mike Wallace repeat what he did last year?
Losing Flacco's security blanket in Pitta hurts. Can the other TE's step it up. I personally wouldnt be relying on Ben Watson... part of the reason why I hope we sign Barnidge.
Woodhead coming off an ACL.. how does this effect him? What will he bring us.
A fair few O-Line questions as well.

A lot of the questions get solved by in-house competition. Guys that have been on the roster for more than 1 year and have been developing with the teams goal to start this year. This is the case for the ILB, C, RT & TE. OLB will have lots of rookie competition, as those guys appear closer to being ready to play.
The WR situation is more promising than I can ever remember, even with Maclin coming back from injury, he is a complete receiver and will pair well with Wallaces speed and Perriman gets the third defender (unless he plays well enough to get the top guy).

Team will likely start slowly and hopefully beat Squeelers early and start playing well from there.

My biggest question is whether the offence can sustain drives. I don't even mind if we have to grit out games with 3 FGs and a TD or something. But being able to sustain drives and eat up the clock was something that we were awful at.

Our defence was strong for the first 3 quarters of the season last year, but so many games were decided because our defence just spent so many minutes on field that they were run ragged by the 4th quarter. All of the work that our defence does gets thrown out the window when Flacco and friends go 3 and out for most of the first half every game (minus the Miami game).

If we can just be a little more effective on offence then we'll close out more games because last year's mix was abysmal. I'm not a huge fan of us retaining our OC either, but Flacco does need a shot at continuity on that front.

Ravens signed QB David Olson.

You're forgiven if you've never heard of Olson, a "Champions Indoor Football" product. This could be a prank and we would be none the wiser. Now 25, "Olson" rode the pine behind Andrew Luck at Stanford before transferring to Clemson, where he attempted three passes as a senior in 2014. Per NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, Olson's college coach Jim Harbaugh vouched for him to brother John Harbaugh. Another Jim Harbaugh player, Colin Kaepernick, remains a free agent. Olson is a camp arm who will be cut once Joe Flacco (back) gets healthy.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jul 27 - 11:58 PM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ravens QB Ryan Mallett was "intercepted at least five times" in Friday's practice, then lost his cool on the field.

Per ESPN Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley, Mallett "looked awful" filling in for Joe Flacco (back). Hensley observed two other throws that were nearly picked off, and on his final interception, Mallett "threw his white towel in the air," prompting Terrell Suggs to say, "tell (OC Marty Mornhinweg) to tell Mallett to throw to the guys wearing the purple jerseys (on offense)." The Ravens have been considering signing free agent Colin Kaepernick.

Source: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Ravens QB Ryan Mallett was "intercepted at least five times" in Friday's practice, then lost his cool on the field.

Per ESPN Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley, Mallett "looked awful" filling in for Joe Flacco (back). Hensley observed two other throws that were nearly picked off, and on his final interception, Mallett "threw his white towel in the air," prompting Terrell Suggs to say, "tell (OC Marty Mornhinweg) to tell Mallett to throw to the guys wearing the purple jerseys (on offense)." The Ravens have been considering signing free agent Colin Kaepernick.

Source: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

If we needed any other reason to sign Kaepernick there it is. With Flaccos back (always sensitive backs) we need a good bakup.. not Mallett

If we needed any other reason to sign Kaepernick there it is. With Flaccos back (always sensitive backs) we need a good bakup.. not Mallett
So Mike Silver tweets some Ravens-generated bullshit report that many Ravens fans called in to express anger at the decision to possibly sign Kaepernick.
Yeah right. Maryland is one of the most black states in the US. Would've thought that was a good match for Kaepernick to play there.

So Mike Silver tweets some Ravens-generated bullshit report that many Ravens fans called in to express anger at the decision to possibly sign Kaepernick.
Yeah right. Maryland is one of the most black states in the US. Would've thought that was a good match for Kaepernick to play there.
Racists tend to be more vocal the more exposure they have to the target of their racism.

Racists tend to be more vocal the more exposure they have to the target of their racism.

The replies to Harbaugh simply saying nice things about Kap yesterday was enough to get a vocal section of bigots talking. Not surprised that they're blowing up talkback radio as well. It's an awful look though for those calling.

I'm for signing him if we can stay under the cap.

Kaep still wants to be paid decent coin. Ravens have no cap space.... it's up to Kaep IF he wants to play on less money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the alternative is he's paid no money so I would think he'd be willing to negotiate.

Those bigots should be more worried about Ryan Mallett, he is s**t.

The Baltimore Sun reports TE Crockett Gillmore is dealing with a "potentially serious" knee injury.

Gillmore is still undergoing tests, but the early signs suggest a significant knee issue. It's another blow at tight end after losing Dennis Pitta and Darren Waller. Baltimore could be forced to add a veteran with Ben Watson and Maxx Williams coming off injuries. The Ravens have been linked to free agent Gary Barnidge.

Source: Baltimore Sun
Jul 29 - 8:49 PM

What a crock of s**t! Bill Parcels always said to NEVER listen to the fanbase/media because then your headspace would be all over the place, and unable to make the right football decisions -- right doesnt always equal popular.

--------------

Owner Steve Bisciotti indicated that whether the Ravens sign free agent Colin Kaepernick will be determined at least partly by fan reaction to the potential deal.

The Ravens have reportedly been "inundated" by fan messages since coach John Harbaugh leaked word the team was considering signing Kaepernick. "I hope we do what is best for the team and balance that with what is best for our fans," Bisciotti said. "Your opinions matter to us. … We’re very sensitive to it, and we’re monitoring it, and we’re trying to figure out what’s the right tact." Bisciotti said he is praying about the decision and asked fans to "pray for us."
Related: Ravens

Source: Baltimore Sun

The "pray for us" line was a joke apparently.

Plenty of teams (including our own) have signed players of very questionable character in order to win games. For whatever criticisms you can level at Kap, his character isn't one of them. This is a division that has Suggs and Big Ben as two of its main stars.

The idea that it is more controversial to sign for someone outspoken on human rights issues than people with questionable life choices is kind of ridiculous.

Given how much of a train wreck Mallet appears to be having I want us to sign Kap just to be surer in the position.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back