RDFL 2017 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh I understood that after re reading, original musta been pulled by admin. Good read on the Geelong Addy site, resonates with a lot of things we can all relate closely too

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...n/news-story/ac5eec782b4ae39eb255d78d9dee94ed

No I deleted it Donna because I know how much you have put in over the years and what the club means to you. I understand your frustration with the current situation of the club as I share a similar passion to footy as your good self. Let's hope they can rebound quickly because as you'd agree there is some great people there

Wallan and Riddell is next Saturday 29 July - As much we we'd love to see you, you will be lonely if you go there tomorrow !

Your options are Diggers and Woodend; Sunbury Kangas and Broadford or Lancefield and Rockbank

Ha ha Cheers

No I deleted it Donna because I know how much you have put in over the years and what the club means to you. I understand your frustration with the current situation of the club as I share a similar passion to footy as your good self. Let's hope they can rebound quickly because as you'd agree there is some great people there

Not so much frustrated mate, tad disappointed as I know how good a place it is when the place is united and everyone (young and old) are pulling together.
Plenty of untapped resources there, plenty of new people in the area with backgrounds too, just need a magnet to draw them in.

I just love roaming the footy at present, always trying to learn more. As an old mentor once told me if you choose the coaching/teaching path you must be willing to not get emotionally attached anywhere until you're 100% done. Nothing is forever so impact as many people as you can in some small way and build as many positive relationships as you can. Sure we upset a few along the way, but quite often it's with people not willing to step into the fire, or those far too selfish, lazy or uncoachable.

Far many more credentialled, capable people around than many who have tried ..... but sadly they lack the drive, motivation, time or courage to have a go.
These are the one's you never listen to haha!!! I'll chat to anyone who wants to about anything that comes up. Beauty about it is we all have opinions and from our own circumstances and experiences no one story reads the same, and never means we're right or wrong ...... be pretty boring if it did.

You just do ya best with me old mate Roota's mob up there, been a long time coming for the Lalbert folk

Looks like the sad decline of Broadford has worsened today with the 2s forfeiting to Sunba.Only 6 players listed one of which is Pete Ezard who must be 52 plus?Terrible for town,club and competition when no 3rds nor 2nds play.Been mentioned on here the club needs help from league im just not sure how they can help?

Surprised by the big margin Lancefield won by but good on em.

Looks like the sad decline of Broadford has worsened today with the 2s forfeiting to Sunba.Only 6 players listed one of which is Pete Ezard who must be 52 plus?Terrible for town,club and competition when no 3rds nor 2nds play.Been mentioned on here the club needs help from league im just not sure how they can help?

Well they new the answer when the club wanted to move telling them it was a bad move, where are they now in there rabbit holes I guess

Well they new the answer when the club wanted to move telling them it was a bad move, where are they now in there rabbit holes I guess

Moving is not the only answer Dave. They should have stayed in the HDFL rather than shift to the RDFL. IF only everyone at the club really had its best interests at heart rather than their own all those years ago

Moving is not the only answer Dave. They should have stayed in the HDFL rather than shift to the RDFL. IF only everyone at the club really had its best interests at heart rather than their own all those years ago
I've been involved in both the HDFNL as a player and coach Roota and as a player and coach in the RDFNL
I agree totally with you comments
The HDFNL was a good fit for Broadford but I suppose the town really needs to get behind the club and jump on board to help out cause in my time around the joint I can't remember not fielding a u18 or reserve teams
127 years of history could be on the line if something isn't done quickly

I've been involved in both the HDFNL as a player and coach Roota and as a player and coach in the RDFNL
I agree totally with you comments
The HDFNL was a good fit for Broadford but I suppose the town really needs to get behind the club and jump on board to help out cause in my time around the joint I can't remember not fielding a u18 or reserve teams
127 years of history could be on the line if something isn't done quickly
The important thing at this time is to plan and agree the town must get behind them,it is a must for them to get under 18s going again and perhaps in 2018 a reserve side only (such as Kyneton did) re build the stock and bank account and then aim for seniors in 2019-2020 but the league needs to step up and help guide them ( reduced fees, club plan any help they can give ) or it may be there is no 2018 .

The important thing at this time is to plan and agree the town must get behind them,it is a must for them to get under 18s going again and perhaps in 2018 a reserve side only (such as Kyneton did) re build the stock and bank account and then aim for seniors in 2019-2020 but the league needs to step up and help guide them ( reduced fees, club plan any help they can give ) or it may be there is no 2018 .

No doubt they need assistance and a town like broadford needs a football club. But is this a result of being a little greedy and loading up $$ for a year or 2 to try and win a flag? From the outside it seems they weren't looking at a 5-10 year plan or even a 2-5 year plan of where they wanted the club to be... seemed like a hit and run mission and now the pieces are left to be picked up?
Looks like a Tough road ahead but good luck to them.

No doubt they need assistance and a town like broadford needs a football club. But is this a result of being a little greedy and loading up $$ for a year or 2 to try and win a flag? From the outside it seems they weren't looking at a 5-10 year plan or even a 2-5 year plan of where they wanted the club to be... seemed like a hit and run mission and now the pieces are left to be picked up?
Looks like a Tough road ahead but good luck to them.
You are so far from the reality of what took place and why you may as well be on Uranus, the real issues go back a long way as mentioned in the past the issue isn't the $$ the club has good support and means of raising money, you have really need to be there for 12-24 months to understand why. The answer is that they need to stand united put the past 10 years behind them and save the club and there are a half dozen who can lead them but they may be warn out, it may be time for some of the whinging to be counted Doona you know exactly what I'm on about having been there and fighting the battle mate .
Hope they unite or can't see them fielding sides in 2018 which would be a disaster for such a great club

Certainly not ideal. Against us a cpl of weeks back the reserves were plucky and really had a crack, hence the buoyancy of my post following the game.
Agree the town needs its footy club and hope it all gets back on track.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh Roota you sound like someone who gets it, and this is why I hope Deano can give you longtime Lalbertians something to finally smile about. Has to be as much for those who fought the drought as it is for those who break it.

Last edited:
Oh Roota you sound like someone who gets it, and this is why I hope Deano can give you longtime Lalbertians something to finally smile about. Has to be as much for those who fought the drought as it is for those who break it.

IF the drought were to break you wouldn't be able to stop the tears flowing from my eyes...I just wish I was still able to play to be a part of the team they have together this season

You are so far from the reality of what took place and why you may as well be on Uranus, the real issues go back a long way as mentioned in the past the issue isn't the $$ the club has good support and means of raising money, you have really need to be there for 12-24 months to understand why. The answer is that they need to stand united put the past 10 years behind them and save the club and there are a half dozen who can lead them but they may be warn out, it may be time for some of the whinging to be counted Doona you know exactly what I'm on about having been there and fighting the battle mate .
Hope they unite or can't see them fielding sides in 2018 which would be a disaster for such a great club

Yeh fair enough. Obviously a few issues to sort through, but the last 2 years has obviously put them back a fair way as well...

Yeh fair enough. Obviously a few issues to sort through, but the last 2 years has obviously put them back a fair way as well...
Ok enough is enough
Only one big mistake was not giving dean the controll he required and signing him for three years he would have stayed and if done mid season he would have nailed 80% of the listed and added a few A major lack of forward vision required mid season last year ( there where many others putting there hand up to help from outside the club with great vision and longevity but no one willing to make the big calls and people moved on ) the last two seasons set them up and success brings $$$ and more people to the club, there is always the belief spend $$ if you don't get the chocolates it puts the club behind this is more than that the list lost 20 players or more,there is a bigger picture and putting it out there wouldn't help Don't blame the past two seasons there are other reasons, the best way to explain it in a nut shell it could have been so different but no one willing to make the hard calls ( eventually those that where there just moved on)
Good luck to those still fighting the fight and The town need to get behind the 127 years of your clubs history and rebuild the club for those that have been there those that are there and those who kids need the club to be there.

Last edited:
Ok enough is enough
Only one big mistake was not giving dean the controll he required and signing him for three years he would have stayed and if done mid season he would have nailed 80% of the listed and added a few A major lack of forward vision required mid season last year ( there where many others putting there hand up to help from outside the club with great vision and longevity but no one willing to make the big calls and people moved on ) the last two seasons set them up and success brings $$$ and more people to the club, there is always the belief spend $$ if you don't get the chocolates it puts the club behind this is more than that the list lost 20 players or more,there is a bigger picture and putting it out there wouldn't help Don't blame the past two seasons there are other reasons, the best way to explain it in a nut shell it could have been so different but no one willing to make the hard calls ( eventually those that where there just moved on)
Good luck to those still fighting the fight and The town need to get behind the 127 years of your clubs history and rebuild the club for those that have been there those that are there and those who kids need the club to be there.

Great post..

Some big games coming up in the weeks ahead starting off on Saturday. Fully expect Romsey and Rupertswood to have comfortable wins which leaves Wallan v Riddell as the game of the split round and vital for both teams.

I'm going to assume Wallan will include some of their key outs over the last few weeks, but their will certainly be some unlucky players who miss out. Being played at home helps Wallan, but they showed against Macedon they're more than capable winnng away. Last game was a beauty and expect the same again with so much on the line. A win for either side will be huge moving forward.

A spot in the 6 could well be decided on the weekend looking at the draw.

Some big games coming up in the weeks ahead starting off on Saturday. Fully expect Romsey and Rupertswood to have comfortable wins which leaves Wallan v Riddell as the game of the split round and vital for both teams.

I'm going to assume Wallan will include some of their key outs over the last few weeks, but their will certainly be some unlucky players who miss out. Being played at home helps Wallan, but they showed against Macedon they're more than capable winnng away. Last game was a beauty and expect the same again with so much on the line. A win for either side will be huge moving forward.

A spot in the 6 could well be decided on the weekend looking at the draw.
I wouldn't be writing Macedon off for this week at all. They will get back at least 4-5 players I would think. Macedon absolutely hammered Rupo in the Anzac Day match. It should be fairly close you would think. I am hearing the injury to Matt Dick isn't as bad as first thought and he may be close to playing again. Can anyone confirm?

Agree that the Wallan and Riddell game will likely decide who plays finals out of those two sides. Disaster for either side to miss finals so it is a massive game. Riddell will dominate the ruck so big challenge for Wallan to stop them from the stoppages.

I wouldn't be writing Macedon off for this week at all. They will get back at least 4-5 players I would think. Macedon absolutely hammered Rupo in the Anzac Day match. It should be fairly close you would think. I am hearing the injury to Matt Dick isn't as bad as first thought and he may be close to playing again. Can anyone confirm?

Agree that the Wallan and Riddell game will likely decide who plays finals out of those two sides. Disaster for either side to miss finals so it is a massive game. Riddell will dominate the ruck so big challenge for Wallan to stop them from the stoppages.
Still reckon will come down to Romsey V Wallan last game ....

Still reckon will come down to Romsey V Wallan last game ....
It will definitely have an impact. If Riddell lose on Saturday you would think they also lose to Rupo a week later. That would put them two games and significant percentage behind the others with two remaining. In that scenario the Romsey/Wallan game wouldn't be as important. That is assuming there are no upsets along the way. Must win game for Riddell this week.

It will definitely have an impact. If Riddell lose on Saturday you would think they also lose to Rupo a week later. That would put them two games and significant percentage behind the others with two remaining. In that scenario the Romsey/Wallan game wouldn't be as important. That is assuming there are no upsets along the way. Must win game for Riddell this week.
What's the wind like at Wallan at Altona must be a ten goal wind

What's the wind like at Wallan at Altona must be a ten goal wind
Conditions atrocious with Riddell deserving winners.I reckon more on the fulls than than scoring shots for the day.Wallan disappointing and may cost them come seasons end.Riddell seem a young side with plenty of upside.Well umpired also certainly no excuses for Wallan simply outplayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back