Player Watch Injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not to disparage Hannah Greasley and her team over at the BUPA injury and recovery centre, but their info is somewhat lacking at times, which leads to a lot of questions on our board. Here, you should be able to find details of ALL injured Hawthorn listed players and their expected returns, as far as we know them.

If you want to discuss Jaeger's patella inflammation, this is not the place. Please only contribute if you wish to make a correction, or have more information.

Mods: I thought this would be an appropriate place for a rolling thread, but feel free to move if you think it's not appropriate.

With JLT and VFL games starting, it's easier to get a picture of who's actually playing and who's injured. Thanks for training reports to help fill in the gaps, but some injuries are still a bit murky. More info always appreciated.

Cyril Rioli - Medial Ligament Strain - 4-6 weeks (my estimate, assuming no complications from previous injuries or surgery)

Paul Puopolo - Hamstring - 4-5 weeks (my estimate, looked to be a tear quite high up on his leg).

Shaun Burgoyne - Hamstring -
1-2 weeks

Jono Ceglar - Back Soreness -
1-2 weeks.

Grant Birchall - Knee -
Indefinite (Mid-season return likely)

Last edited:

With JLT and VFL games starting, it's easier to get a picture of who's actually playing and who's injured. Thanks for training reports to help fill in the gaps, but some injuries are still a bit murky. More info always appreciated.

Cyril Rioli - Fitness - Test for Round 1

Will Langford - Hand -
Early season return

Jono O'Rourke - Soft Tissue Management-
Early season return

Jono Ceglar - Back Soreness -
Mid-season return.

Mitchell Lewis - ??? -
Mid-season return.

Grant Birchall - Knee -
Mid-season return.
One could be forgiven thinking this post was written during this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back