Preview Changes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: DBJ, Trengove, Young, Impey. In: Houston, Frampton, Eddy, Ah Chee. Maybe SPP out for Atley if we pick this week to give him a much-needed rest.

Of course, little to none of this will actually happen, but it's nice to dream.

100% agree with every change.

If Impey and Young play this week then Ken is taking the piss

Radical but not ridiculous. Gus a lucky one imo. Thought he really struggled but another game ...mmm why not.
Howard and Frampton is ok by me. Boak aint gunna be dropped. If Gus went then Palmer?
Anyway we're dreaming with that many changes. A lot of valid points in your post tho'.
I know dropping Boak is dreaming, but SPP can't be the only out from that centre square group. They were so so so terrible. Just awful. Wines and Ebert deserve a chance to redeem themselves. R Gray was a lone hand. Who else is there?

You want to shock the team out of the doldrums - you have to try something.

Something has to give with Trengove. He's seemingly not good enough for any 1 position, but 'ok' enough to play 3, and it's hurting our team. He's got to go back permanently or just be left out.
Bingo. Some on here get misty eyed re his commitment when we were at our lowest but your right. Back down back and it should
have been done 1/2 a season ago.
Johnson was worth a crack I suppose, but he was a very strange selection.
Surely comes under the favouritism category. Him getting the China game was a wtf moment only exceeded by Houston missing out that game
Monfries was the hideous failure I expected him to be, he's struggled at SANFL level with a couple seagull games and 1 good game in the forward half and even after all that he got picked when he was out of form it was a horrible selection.
[/QUOTE]Basically hinted the same in a post when he was selected. Like you I watch a lot of Magpies games. Palmer seems to be
on the outer. Hasn't done much many would say, well neither did Houston last year. Sometimes ya just can't tell. Cue Todd Marshall?
Snelling has had a couple good weeks but before that was clearly on death row.
Getting crunched by P Stewart in the WWT game really put the brakes on his season. Played some amazing games earlier in the year
and coming back into form. Played really well last week.
Anyway, end rant. I could go on and on.
Good rant

At the end of the day, we are frustrated coz we know there are better options or at least greater potential that isnt being realized through selection.

Impey, Trengove, Young, Monfries, Hombsch and DBJ are just not up to scratch, out of form or on a downward trajectory.

By simply adding Wingard, Howard, Eddy Frampton, Lienert and Houston the team looks not only exiting but disposal quality improves markedly.

After watching a few Maggie games, I personally think Drew and Marshall could also be introduced sooner than later. Boak is in dangerous territory again..

After that midfield performance, at least two of the centre square group (Ollie, Ebert, SPP, Boak, Ryder) have to go. That was the most insipid midfield effort i have seen since giants game last year. No defensive intent and nil willingness to run in attack. Cannot be accepted.

Ryder tried but was caught out trying to fill the gaps left by his shitful teammates. None of the others get get a pass.

Ebert and Wines stay in because they have had good seasons, and we can't drop the whole lot of them.

SPP needs a rest. Replace with Ah Chee.
Boak needs to lift. Replace with Atley.

Defenders had a s**t day. Pummelled with no support from up the ground. I would be inclined to leave them mostly untouched, but watching hombsch get so easily outbodied made me sad. DBJ on very thin ice.

Hombsch needs to lift. Replace with Dougal.

Forwards had a a s**t day. Pummelled with no support from up the ground. Zero tackles from Trengove (leadership group player) is not good enough. He played half the game in ruck FFS! And Young was just anonymous, except when he wasn't chasing his man. That i did notice.

Trengove needs to lift. Replace with Frampton.
Young needs to go elsewhere. Not replaced.

Monfries deserves another chance to find his feet, based solely on his credits in the bank. S Gray ran hard. More than can be said for many others. Both on thin ice.

We only looked like scoring when the ball was in Polec or Impey's hands in the second half. I want to give Impey a reprieve - at least he was ******* running both ways, but he has had a BAD last 6 weeks.

Impey needs to lift. Replace with Wingard.

Outside wingers and the bench: Polec gets a pass. The rest get a reprieve because they are at mercy of our inside mids (insipmids?), who didn't give a yelp. Amon on very thin ice.

Finally, we are short one defender on the bench. Houston in.

Ins: Ah Chee, Atley, Howard, Frampton, Wingard, Houston.
Out: SPP, Boak, Hombsch, Trengove, Young, Impey.

FB: Jonas - Clurey - DBJ
HB: Houston - Howard - Hartlett
C: Polec - Ebert - Amon
HF: S Gray - Frampton - Wingard
FF: Westhoff - Dixon - Monfries
R: Ryder - Wines - R Gray

Int: Pittard - Ah Chee - Atley - Johnson
Like it. Would also drop DBJ.

100% agree with every change.

If Impey and Young play this week then Ken is taking the piss

Young might get dropped but I doubt Impey will miss.

Here's a list of players that were arguably worse than Impey on Sunday: Westhoff, S.Gray, DBJ, Pittard, Clurey, Young, Johnson, Hartlett, Amon, Trengove, SPP, Monfries.

Here's a list of players that arguably put in a 4 qtr effort on Sunday: Jonas, R.Gray, Polec, Boak, Dixon, Ryder (barely but beaten by Jacobs), Impey

Here's a list of players that had at least 1 non-existent qtr (qtr in brackets) on Sunday: Ebert (2nd), Wines (1st), Hombsch (2nd), Westhoff (2nd), S.Gray (4th), DBJ (1st, 4th), Pittard (3rd, 4th), Clurey (2nd), Young (1st, 4th), Johnson (3rd), Hartlett (1st, 4th), Amon (2nd), Trengove (2nd, 3rd, 4th), SPP (1st, 2nd, 4th), Monfries (1st, 2nd, 3rd, arguably 4th as well).

At the end of the day, we are frustrated coz we know there are better options or at least greater potential that isnt being realized through selection.

Impey, Trengove, Young, Monfries, Hombsch and DBJ are just not up to scratch, out of form or on a downward trajectory.

By simply adding Wingard, Howard, Eddy Frampton, Lienert and Houston the team looks not only exiting but disposal quality improves markedly.

After watching a few Maggie games, I personally think Drew and Marshall could also be introduced sooner than later. Boak is in dangerous territory again..
The folly of not blooding a few younger blokes and Eddy earlier in the season when the signs our forward set-up was average from the get-go is Frampton, Marshall & Howard (to a lesser degree) go into finals pretty green if any of them get a shock call-up.

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley challenges players’ pride to respond
Hinkley also flagged a testing week on the track to drill into the players the magnitude of the loss — a record Showdown margin of 84 points — and a range of changes.
The midfield was identified of one are which requires immediate tuning and is likely to get it in the return of Chad Wingard from ankle injury.
“Our challenge is directly upon ourself and in our own mirror,” Hinkley said. “We had a really strong review this morning and you’ll hopefully see that response from a group of players who are really proud about their performance and pretty embarrassed about the last one they played in.”
On top of Hinkley’s list of priorities ahead of the Power’s match against Collingwood at Adelaide Oval on Sunday is a misfiring midfield.
More ...
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...d/news-story/06853aee8964a92e2c05b7fcb009a8bb

Misfiring midfield :$ ... oh right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley challenges players’ pride to respond
Hinkley also flagged a testing week on the track to drill into the players the magnitude of the loss — a record Showdown margin of 84 points — and a range of changes.
The midfield was identified of one are which requires immediate tuning and is likely to get it in the return of Chad Wingard from ankle injury.
“Our challenge is directly upon ourself and in our own mirror,” Hinkley said. “We had a really strong review this morning and you’ll hopefully see that response from a group of players who are really proud about their performance and pretty embarrassed about the last one they played in.”
On top of Hinkley’s list of priorities ahead of the Power’s match against Collingwood at Adelaide Oval on Sunday is a misfiring midfield.
More ...
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...d/news-story/06853aee8964a92e2c05b7fcb009a8bb

Misfiring midfield :$ ... oh right
What shits me is that the players were embarrased, wtf. Why didn't they do something about it at the time, what are they rocks and why didn't Hinkley start with Robbie in the the middle, didn't learn something from the last 30 seconds last week. Slow learners all of them.

I wouldn't be hanging any of our players on Frees Against.

Wait til they finally #PlayFrampton. Then you'll see frees against. Maybe a couple in the car park. ;)

Eddy
Frampton
Howard
Marshall
Liernert

I don't care who, just show us you have some balls Ken. The year is nearly over and we haven't learned jack s**t.

This is a defining selection.

Option 1 - No unforced changes as we are scared that potentially we are not going to make finals and don't want to take a risk.

Option 2 - Give some guys a chance to put their heads over the ball and show us what they can do.

If we take option 1, we are f***ed

#playframpton #playatley #playdrew

This is a defining selection.

Option 1 - No unforced changes as we are scared that potentially we are not going to make finals and don't want to take a risk.

Option 2 - Give some guys a chance to put their heads over the ball and show us what they can do.

If we take option 1, we are f***ed

#playframpton #playatley #playdrew

We take a risk every damn week, putting the same guys out there and get different results. May as well put some new blood in the team. Could it get any worse

Eddy
Frampton
Howard
Marshall
Liernert

I don't care who, just show us you have some balls Ken. The year is nearly over and we haven't learned jack s**t.
I really want Liernert in, huge fan. Just need a way to upgrade him to the main list.

I know dropping Boak is dreaming, but SPP can't be the only out from that centre square group. They were so so so terrible. Just awful. Wines and Ebert deserve a chance to redeem themselves. R Gray was a lone hand. Who else is there?

You want to shock the team out of the doldrums - you have to try something.
If you really want to shake things up drop either Ebert or wines and start the other on the bench.
They were disgraceful on the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back