Pretty sure its a liquid.

068971.jpg

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dec Mountford looks to have some serious talent, very few deficiencies in his game. Great endurance, genuine speed, tough as nails, very team-orientated, decent skills and great composure, competitive and versatile. We're all crossing our fingers that he re-signs soon, appears entrenched in our 22 atm

Bump.

Seems highly rated internally by clubs and i would not mind if we had a crack at him but what is he worth?

https://www.zerohanger.com/homesick...tm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=AFL+Zero+Hanger

Fremantle youngster Harley Balic looks set to return home to Victoria at season’s end.

Balic, recruited from the Sandringham Dragons with pick No. 38 in the 2015 National Draft, battled a persistent wrist injury for much of 2016, before twice being granted leave by the club this season due to personal reasons.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
People like Paul Roos rate him very highly as a prospect but he's played just 4 games and wants to go home, will be difficult to get anything decent.

Also out of contract. TBH doing a bit of a McCarthy the way he's being granted leave a few times and sitting out games etc due to his home sickness.

Pick 38 originally...i'd be surprised if Freo received anything of significance probably a 4th rounder at best.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Also out of contract. TBH doing a bit of a McCarthy the way he's being granted leave a few times and sitting out games etc due to his home sickness.

Pick 38 originally...i'd be surprised if Freo received anything of significance probably a 4th rounder at best.
He slid a fair bit to 38 iirc because of doubts he could recover from the wrist injury which he is now over, but yeah out of contract so struggling to get anything.

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
what's the real reason he left? appears to be good mates with harley bennell

From the rumours I've heard he was basically begged by his parents not to go to WA and/or get back to VIC ASAP. Basically just "homesickness" but not really, more just family wants him home. This is pure rumour though.

Either way I don't expect we'll get much for him, we'd be lucky with anything around the pick we used for him. It's a shame too because he showed some promise in his few games for us.

Probably end up being a decent player ala Roberton and nothing we can really do about it due to wanting to go home.

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
what's the real reason he left? appears to be good mates with harley bennell

A direct quote from players from his junior club when asked early in the season 2016 by a parent of another afl player "How's harley liking WA", the answer was "he hates it". There's no homesickness involved, its like Marchbank for us, never wanted to be there.

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A direct quote from players from his junior club when asked early in the season 2016 by a parent of another afl player "How's harley liking WA", the answer was "he hates it". There's no homesickness involved, its like Marchbank for us, never wanted to be there.

Balic is the other guy I want the Hawks to target...
The Hawks board is a tough nut to crack but there are others that think the same.

I hope they both nominate a club early

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Nice physical mid with good hands, best case scenario a crap pendlebury who can go forward

Worth a 20-30 pick, However i don't think freo will get close to anything like that, he'll get his manager to nominate a club and it'll be a second round picks swap+ a third

He would be playing at any other of the 17 clubs however Freo have known since around May he was going home they haven't played him evben in the reserves

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Bit surprising really. Freo are careful about that before recruiting a Vic kid. If he said he didn't want to come here I doubt they would have taken him. Ross also said he had settled well into Perth. One of them is fibbing

Lachy96

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nice physical mid with good hands, best case scenario a crap pendlebury who can go forward

Worth a 20-30 pick, However i don't think freo will get close to anything like that, he'll get his manager to nominate a club and it'll be a second round picks swap+ a third

He would be playing at any other of the 17 clubs however Freo have known since around May he was going home they haven't played him evben in the reserves
He came back after her returned from his first leave and played one league game and then was injured at training and returned home again. We didnt decide to punish the kid by not playing him at any level. It was clearly stated that the fact he had gone home would not count against him playing afl.

What's with all the Hawks supporters in this thread? Credible info that he's likely to go to Hawks or just coincidence?
Yes, a few people with good connections suggest that he's pretty interested in being a Hawk.

Back