Multiplat FIFA 18

Remove this Banner Ad

U wot m8?

Fifa 17 was the best for quite a while.
I think I played less than 10 online H2H games. The closer was when my keeper caught the ball and then walked backwards into his own net for the oppo's winning goal in the 89th minute.

FIFA 15 was my absolute favourite and I enjoyed 16 as well. 17 sucked.

FIFA 15 was my absolute favourite and I enjoyed 16 as well.
You must've loved the sweaty teams then?
The best IMO.
Will only get better.
Bring back dribbling and skill moves, and add something/anything to pro clubs.
They are always refining dribbling and this year (upcoming) its way better. Also new skill moves get added in every year. Skill moves are always used in a game of fifa. They added the kit creator in last year for pro clubs. Sure it sucks that it doesn't get any love but it doesn't bring back any revenue for EA.

You must've loved the sweaty teams then?

They are always refining dribbling and this year (upcoming) its way better. Also new skill moves get added in every year. Skill moves are always used in a game of fifa. They added the kit creator in last year for pro clubs. Sure it sucks that it doesn't get any love but it doesn't bring back any revenue for EA.
http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/1262831/ This was my squad on 15, you decide.

Dribbling and skill moves were both ultra-clunky on this FIFA. Particularly the Ronaldo Chop, good luck trying to do anything in the 10 seconds after you do that move. Unless you are in acres of space a defender will just trot up and take it off you.

I want some fluidity back so that moving is a viable option again. My whole playstyle hinges on dribbling to open space for quick passing moves to go through, so as soon as I played 17 I knew I hated it.

http://www.futhead.com/15/squads/1262831/ This was my squad on 15, you decide.
Lol that is pretty sweaty.
Dribbling and skill moves were both ultra-clunky on this FIFA.
Yeah they did that because on 16 you could do 3 ball rolls in three seconds. It was the last game before the frostbite engine so it did go through its fair share of skills abuse. Now in 17 its one ball roll for 3 seconds.
Particularly the Ronaldo Chop, good luck trying to do anything in the 10 seconds after you do that move. Unless you are in acres of space a defender will just trot up and take it off you.
That depends on what player you come up against and use. Better players generally now how to stop and read the skills.
My whole playstyle hinges on dribbling to open space for quick passing moves to go through, so as soon as I played 17 I knew I hated it.

I actually had fun with FIFA 17 after deciding to skip 16. What really kills it though is the total lack of depth in career mode. Unfortunately Ultimate Team has just become so huge that it doesn't make sense for them from a financial standpoint to put time and money into career mode.

Really sucks when you look at NBA 2K's franchise and career modes and compare them to FIFA's.

Within a few seasons of FIFA's I can sign plenty of star talent while barely losing any and then a few seasons after that I manage to end up with a whole bunch of wonderkids while teams I play against never really have any generated star talents and instead are content with having 84-86 rated players (that are real).

The features they've added to the mode lately really are a crock of s**t. The training drills are rubbish and everything else has pretty much been the same for a decade. I turned on FIFA 07 a while back and manager mode really wasn't that much worse.

I actually had fun with FIFA 17 after deciding to skip 16. What really kills it though is the total lack of depth in career mode. Unfortunately Ultimate Team has just become so huge that it doesn't make sense for them from a financial standpoint to put time and money into career mode.

Really sucks when you look at NBA 2K's franchise and career modes and compare them to FIFA's.

Within a few seasons of FIFA's I can sign plenty of star talent while barely losing any and then a few seasons after that I manage to end up with a whole bunch of wonderkids while teams I play against never really have any generated star talents and instead are content with having 84-86 rated players (that are real).

The features they've added to the mode lately really are a crock of s**t. The training drills are rubbish and everything else has pretty much been the same for a decade. I turned on FIFA 07 a while back and manager mode really wasn't that much worse.

Im not sure what year they dropped it, but i remember in the earlier FIFA's you could simulate a match, and watch the events unfold, and intervene if you needed to. Never understood why they got rid of it, was always great to be able to jump into a game 70 minutes in and knock in a goal or two if needed to secure a win

Haven't genuinely enjoyed a FIFA game since the big impact made by 12 and then the follow up of 13.

Was excited for FIFA 14 on the now current gen, but it was a bit of a let down, same with 17.

Even the soundtracks have been going downhill since then imo.

I think a lot of his has to do with how much I emphasise gameplay and the manager/player modes. * Ultimate Team, surely it comes under the gambling act.

20729251_1508784919180394_2455572329521893357_n.jpg

Saw this on Facebook, apparently a screenshot from the beta. Career mode has release clauses!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Career mode has been crying out for a bit of an upgrade so hopefully this is a sign they are really going to expand the features. Player negotiation cut scenes looks like it could be a fun little innovation!

I think I played less than 10 online H2H games. The closer was when my keeper caught the ball and then walked backwards into his own net for the oppo's winning goal in the 89th minute.

FIFA 15 was my absolute favourite and I enjoyed 16 as well. 17 sucked.

Each to their own I guess.

17 was the best since 14 imo.

15 I played for about a month and sold it so I could get PES instead, which was hard for me to do because I'm a FIFA fanboy, always resisted the urge to get PES even during the PES glory days.

15 was just 14 2.0, I was actually disgusted by how little they changed and how mediocre the game was. I don't recall them fixing any of the major gameplay issues. It was the first time I had ever regretted buying a FIFA game.

Two of my mates played the FIFA series religiously and they haven't played it at all since 15.

So they added release clauses, and generic animations that you can't probably can't skip to the transfer process. Siiiiiiick, nice revamp.

Each to their own I guess.

17 was the best since 14 imo.

15 I played for about a month and sold it so I could get PES instead, which was hard for me to do because I'm a FIFA fanboy, always resisted the urge to get PES even during the PES glory days.

15 was just 14 2.0, I was actually disgusted by how little they changed and how mediocre the game was. I don't recall them fixing any of the major gameplay issues. It was the first time I had ever regretted buying a FIFA game.

Two of my mates played the FIFA series religiously and they haven't played it at all since 15.

15 was a much, much quicker game than 14. 14 was 13 2.0

Note I am talking the 360 version, maybe current gen was diffo

I skipped 16, but I don't remember it being as bad on 15 (though 15 was just generally a goal-fest). Don't get me started on FIFA 07 though. :mad:
what made you dislike Fifa 07?

I enjoyed it for the fact that you could get free agents rated at 70 then sell them for 2-5 million a week later while your in a 4th div England side. Plus you could create a club

To be honest.... the training drills are not the best, But it does serve a purpose though, to a degree.

I loved building a player with an overall rating at 1 then build him up to 70-80 odd and watch his value rise. I always built up his stamina so he can at least play every 2nd game without injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back