• Aiden Bonar

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
even if he played for another WAFL club, I would still grab him.

This might sound desperate, I would consider getting Mason Shaw at south freo. 37 goals from 19 games this season. not with pick 5 obviously. a rookie pick
Fair enough.

If I was a recruiter I just couldn't justify taking a player type we don't need with a top 5 pick. Especially since at the moment nobody rates him at 5 anyway (few have him just on or near the top 10 though).

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
This might sound desperate, I would consider getting Mason Shaw at south freo. 37 goals from 19 games this season. not with pick 5 obviously. a rookie pick
Not me , not against taking mature WAFL player but I am more interested towards Luke ryan ,duman or strnadica type if you going to rookie them than mason . Back to topic , I will be a bit disappointed if freo pick naughton at 5 . He is pretty good with his hand but kicking toward goal as a forward a bit off from the match I saw him play ( peel colt rd 2 Vs East freo)

Last edited:

BigKep

Senior List
Jul 15, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle

I think he's worth a rookie spot. He's a big boy and if it doesn't work out we didn't spend much on him.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
I think he's worth a rookie spot. He's a big boy and if it doesn't work out we didn't spend much on him.
He was on Port Adelaides list from 2013-2015. Surprised we didn't get him after he was delisted by Port. Saw him play for the magpies in the 2014 SANFL finals series. This year he ha kicked 37 goals from 19 games. Last year he kicked 51 goals.

BigKep

Senior List
Jul 15, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
He was on Port Adelaides list from 2013-2015. Surprised we didn't get him after he was delisted by Port. Saw him play for the magpies in the 2014 SANFL finals series. This year he ha kicked 37 goals from 19 games. Last year he kicked 51 goals.

I actually played a junior footy Grand Final against his team when he was at Winnacott JFC. We were up by a kick at half time, but he finished with 9 of his teams 12 majors and they won by a couple of goals. I think we need to be picking a mature KPF in the rookie draft to give us more options at the selection table. He would be a good fit imo.

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle

Taberner's kicked 33 from 13 games and nobody rates him.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
He's rubbish.
really?
I actually played a junior footy Grand Final against his team when he was at Winnacott JFC. We were up by a kick at half time, but he finished with 9 of his teams 12 majors and they won by a couple of goals. I think we need to be picking a mature KPF in the rookie draft to give us more options at the selection table. He would be a good fit imo.
to be honest I wanted him at 2012. I was hoping he would be our 1st rounder but we got josh Simpson instead.

then I hoped we got him in the 2nd round then Port got him. Then it was our turn at pick 36, we hesitated and got tanner smith. I saw him play a few games at the Port Magpies in the SANFL. Took a lot of chest marks too and the occasional over head mark.

Kicked like 34 goals from 16 games in his final year at the Port Magpies. I seriously thought freo were going to get him after Port got rid of himHe should of played at least a handful of games For Port Power when they had injuries. I don't see why he wouldn't be a PSD pick or chucked in our Rookie list. He could be the WA equivalent of Tabs. If there isn't A gun KPF that doesn't justify pick 5, I don't see anything Wrong getting Mason Shaw.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
I suspect many players look very good though. If he wasn't a Peel player would you still want him?

Think many here get taken by the romance. Pretty sure nobody has him above Brander in the rankings yet and they play the same position.

He is a gun, why is it so hard for you to recognise that. He excelled against both East Perth and Subi who are both very good ,tough experienced sides. Has Brander been playing against hardened ,experienced big bodies ?

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
He is a gun, why is it so hard for you to recognise that. He excelled against both East Perth and Subi who are both very good ,tough experienced sides. Has Brander been playing against hardened ,experienced big bodies ?
Unless we send A Pearce forward, we can't justify taking a backman at 5. He is good though. Hamling, Naughton, Logue (back)
Apearce, McCarthy, Cox, ? Apeness, Taberner, Kersten (forward). Backline looks very skillful and agile but won't have a guy for the 200cm + bigbodied forwards.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I am not arguing with you, it is a complete waste of time.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Unless we send A Pearce forward, we can't justify taking a backman at 5. He is good though. Hamling, Naughton, Logue (back)
Apearce, McCarthy, Cox, ? Apeness, Taberner, Kersten (forward). Backline looks very skillful and agile but won't have a guy for the 200cm + bigbodied forwards.

We haven't now, Hamling seems to do ok on the big forwards.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
We haven't now, Hamling seems to do ok on the big forwards.
Yeah he does, but we do look a bit undersized down there sometimes. Johnson has been pushed out of the way quite easily a few times this season. I sometimes wonder if our lack of size, forces our smaller guys to go up to spoil in the marking contest and leave us vulnerable on the ground.

Hazelsnuts

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2016
The beach
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
North Beach. AIK Stockholm
This kid has some mojo and seems to be bolting into contention for a speculative pick at least.
Only 185 but apparently still growing and he's got some skill & appetite about him.
https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/c...rick-farrant-be-was-draft-smoky-ng-b88572583z

Wow..... he is exactly what we need.
Mid-sized forward who is still growing.
Has a bit of everything - footy smarts, repeat efforts, great disposal off both sides.
I know it sounds a bit presumptuous but very Fyfelike from I see with massive potential.
Great hair also......him and Logue =Frobros

Back