2nds Geelong Cats VFL 2017

Lana

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
Turned up half way through the 2nd just as Gardiner kicked his goal.

Turns out I can't see s**t even with my new glasses.

Abbott was great, killed white in the ruck. He easily matches White athletically. Tapped to advantage just needs to get more depth on his taps too many fall too close to his feet.

Henry could become a massive player for us he has a fantastic leap needs to develop more tricks.

Really good game from black, just covered heaps of ground was clean at ground level too unselfish. Very vocal at 3QT. Would keep him at the club another year.

Gardiner looked no worse then Buzza as a forward option. Needs to move more, felt at times like he was defending the other teams full back

Didn't really notice Lang or Cunico nor O'Connor

Ruggles moved well to my eye. Not sure how much of the ball he got.

#Waybill highlights of the day
3 being told to be the loose man behind the ball
2 A nice spoil in a marking contest
1 kicking into the man on the mark gathering the ball and kicking it again #DoubleTheStats

Our AFL Listed Players in the VFL review

Darcy Lang - Was good with the ball playing more in the middle and gained plenty of metres. Potentially a straight swap for Simpson.

Ryan Gardner - Playing Forward today for 3 quarters, Gardner kicked 1 and looked dangerous when the ball went to ground. Still a better defender and with the move forward maybe his career is at the crossroads.

Jordan Cunico - Second game back and looked composed with ball in hand. Certainly pressing his case for Selection, you just want him with the Sherrin. Ran his heart out and with Murdoch not setting the world on fire, Cunico may get his chance.

Tom Ruggles - Did his job well and rebounded well off half back. Didn't set the world on fire but should come into the side for Zuthrie

Ryan Abbot - 58 Hitouts we are starting to see Abbott emerge as a bit time VFL player. Kicked a critical goal late and was a presence all over the ground. Keep it up.

House was good but did let Kirby off the hook at times, Hayball was all over the shop, Black worked his ass off and isn't far off a potential recall. Henry has great hands and needs some time to work on his disposal efficiency while O'Connor was quiet for parts of the game.

Back