New style now available for preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current BigFooty style is about 5 years old now, and it is a bit dated. In the back end it is starting to get a bit worn, with add-ons and new templates going out of date. The mobile and desktop style are separate styles, which is a bit complicated to manage.

So what do we do?

Get a brand new template, with its own complications!

Try it out

You can select the "slick" template from the Style Chooser down the bottom left of the screen you are now on. The link should say "cool" - click that and choose "slick".

To return to the old template, click the style chooser and "Set to default".

Mobile

Viewing the new template on your mobile is a little more complicated.

On your mobile device, select "Desktop Site" right down the bottom of the page. This should then use the "slick" template you chose above.

The beauty of it is that this new style is fully responsive so the same style works on mobile and on desktop.

There are some issues we know about, and obviously some we don't.

Known Issues

* No medals display beside your posts. We will fix that. When it is fixed, you will see that your user info block beside posts collapses if it is very long, like a long quoted post. You will get a "click for more" option to see the entire user info box. - FIXED.

* Ad units go astray. Some ad units are popping out of their correct slots and displaying in odd locations around the page. We are working with Themehouse, the style designers, to fix this. - MOSTLY FIXED

* Blank space under top ad:
ad-gap.PNG

COSMETIC STUFF:

* Forum and thread headers. I don't like how they look at the moment.
forum-headers.PNG

Last edited:

• Admin
  • Admin
Ok - I thought that was easier to scan.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It could just be that most people are used to the forums being displayed down the page.
I had to read a fair amount of the forums to know where I was even though I clicked on the Forums button/link.

Stark. Too white and too little differentiation/grading, of white tones. Hard to look at for long.

Very clean look. Automatically at full screen width, which I like.

Can you make the REPORT button red? Bleeds into the white at present.

Used my iPad, but not the app to view through Safari.

By mistake, I returned to the main forum without changing out of slick. It gave about 1/3 of the screen on the left as bf stuff, then long blank. Squeezed up content awfully -- both in size and style. Won't do that again.

Last edited:
Stark. Too white and too little differentiation/grading, of white tones. Hard to look at for long.

Very clean look. Automatically at full screen width, which I like.

Can you make the REPORT button red? Bleeds into the white at present.

Used my iPad, but not the app to view through Safari.

By mistake, I returned to the main forum without changing out of slick. It gave about 1/3 of the screen on the left as bf stuff, then long blank. Squeezed up content awfully -- both in size and style. Won't do that again.

That's odd - what does it do in the old theme that is different?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the look of the new theme.... but it looks bloody awful with the backgrounds some team boards have, I can't look at the Cats one! The toggle width certainly helps, but then I feel it is too big...

Chief, will it be an option for users to have the profile background image like you have?
Anyone can do it now I think. Option should be on the profile page, mouse over the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back