Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm sure those Pharaohs were gentle souls who gave their thousands of laborers free health insurance and casual-dress fridays! I've moved on to another symbol of slavery and oppression now. Tear down that wall!!

View attachment 405582

Ffs open a book, or watch south park

Mongolians been there, done that, and bought the tshirt

Yeah I'm sure those Pharaohs were gentle souls who gave their thousands of laborers free health insurance and casual-dress fridays! I've moved on to another symbol of slavery and oppression now. Tear down that wall!!

View attachment 405582
Already has been in multiple areas.

No, this is really friggin' dumb.

Dear Trump people,
  1. Remember when you were complaining about the AntiFA while Obama was in office? Remember? No...? ...Really? Ahhhhh...
  2. OK, remember when you claimed that the reason Trump won was because of people like AntiFA? Got it? Yep?
  3. Hint: Obama was POTUS before Trump...
  4. ...So, yes, people were talking about the KKK and neo-Nazis and their close relationship with the alt-right before Trump was President.
  5. ...So - NO - it isn't a fake narrative.
  6. Also: Trump has encouraged supremacists and appears to think they are his people who should be supported. And he's President. That adds a bit of newsy element, don't you think?
But keep sucking that propaganda. Independent thinking is hard.

Do you disagree with anything she said? Seemed perfectly sensible to me.
I found the transcript online, could you point out which bit (if any) is sensible?
  1. lies that KKK weren't being discussed prior to Trump (stupid, as already pointed out to you)
  2. lies that the media is simulating our reality (so stupid, fantasy)
  3. insanely thinks that black and white people getting along is evidence that there isn't racial conflict elsewhere (oh so very stupid, anecdotal)
  4. straw person argument complete, calls everyone else a loser (really stupid, ad hominem)
  5. spare me your statuses, she says, as she posts online (stupid, hypocritical)
  6. blames heated political conflict on the above with no explanation (stupid, smug)
  7. ignores that someone drove a car through a crowd of people (stupid, appeasement, immoral)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news/bad news...
A number of organisations had planned to hold galas at Maralago, many of them charity organisation like Salvation Army/Red Cross.
There have been over 12 organisations that have since cancelled due to public pressure from donors/customers.

I found the transcript online, could you point out which bit (if any) is sensible?
  1. lies that KKK weren't being discussed prior to Trump (stupid, as already pointed out to you)
  2. lies that the media is simulating our reality (so stupid, fantasy)
  3. insanely thinks that black and white people getting along is evidence that there isn't racial conflict elsewhere (oh so very stupid, anecdotal)
  4. straw person argument complete, calls everyone else a loser (really stupid, ad hominem)
  5. spare me your statuses, she says, as she posts online (stupid, hypocritical)
  6. blames heated political conflict on the above with no explanation (stupid, smug)
  7. ignores that someone drove a car through a crowd of people (stupid, appeasement, immoral)
She suggests that her experience of different races getting along is proof that the hysteria in the MSM is overblown, as they are suggesting that there is a neo-nazi on every corner. She never said there was no racism elsewhere, in fact she acknowledges the "loser" groups at Charlottesville.

"Spare me your statuses" is her condemning divisive messages. She's not trying to forbid social media use.

I'm surprised you are bothered by someone who is trying to unite people, as opposed to those spreading messages of fear and division.

She suggests that her experience of different races getting along is proof that the hysteria in the MSM is overblown, as they are suggesting that there is a neo-nazi on every corner. She never said there was no racism elsewhere, in fact she acknowledges the "loser" groups at Charlottesville.

"Spare me your statuses" is her condemning divisive messages. She's not trying to forbid social media use.

I'm surprised you are bothered by someone who is trying to unite people, as opposed to those spreading messages of fear and division.
Three straw men here:
  1. The media has (obviously) never suggested "there is a neo-nazi on every corner". There is a rise in white supremacism. As has been explained on multiple occasions. This is obviously a serious worry.
  2. Her "spare me the statuses and your white guilt and your black pride" doesn't mention anything about divisive statuses. She is belittling the horrific reaction to a terrorist incident and people literally walking around with heavy weaponry and white supremacist symbolism. To point out the obvious - in full awareness that you will ignore the hypocrisy - the alt-right cries rivers over their perception of people not taking terrorism seriously. Hypocrites. And, yes, posting a video online is no different to a status update. So, even more hypocrisy.
  3. Your attempt to claim we are going out of our way to point out how daft she is, by framing it as "I'm surprised you are bothered..." suggests you think people on BF aren't smart enough to see that Ripper posted the video and then actively asked people to comment on it. Your follow-up spin that claims she is "trying to unite people" is stupid too. She makes stuff up, repeatedly mocks people concerned about reality, and calls people losers who aren't using their brain. Obviously not a unifying approach.
You know how email scams so often use bad English and typos, but they do is deliberately because they need to make sure the people responding have poor analytical ability? Is there a chance that these obviously flawed arguments work the same way for the alt-right?

Three straw men here:
  1. The media has (obviously) never suggested "there is a neo-nazi on every corner". There is a rise in white supremacism. As has been explained on multiple occasions. This is obviously a serious worry.
  2. Her "spare me the statuses and your white guilt and your black pride" doesn't mention anything about divisive statuses. She is belittling the horrific reaction to a terrorist incident and people literally walking around with heavy weaponry and white supremacist symbolism. To point out the obvious - in full awareness that you will ignore the hypocrisy - the alt-right cries rivers over their perception of people not taking terrorism seriously. Hypocrites. And, yes, posting a video online is no different to a status update. So, even more hypocrisy.
  3. Your attempt to claim we are going out of our way to point out how daft she is, by framing it as "I'm surprised you are bothered..." suggests you think people on BF aren't smart enough to see that Ripper posted the video and then actively asked people to comment on it. Your follow-up spin that claims she is "trying to unite people" is stupid too. She makes stuff up, repeatedly mocks people concerned about reality, and calls people losers who aren't using their brain. Obviously not a unifying approach.
You know how email scams so often use bad English and typos, but they do is deliberately because they need to make sure the people responding have poor analytical ability? Is there a chance that these obviously flawed arguments work the same way for the alt-right?
Do you not believe that the MSM have a history of over-hyping issues for ratings/clicks? Particularly those involving fear?

They may not have literally said there is a nazi on every corner, but they aren't far off it. Apparently the US is experiencing "an unusual wave of far-right rallies" because Trump emboldened nazis. Apparently being pro free speech makes one a far-right nazi now?

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/19/politics/trump-remarks-alt-right/index.html

Then there's the word "war". Why are the US still fighting the civil war?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/16/why-is-the-us-still-fighting-the-civil-war

Or even better, "Trump's race war"!

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...SgBMAA&usg=AFQjCNGlALQiQ3iMPK_qUUsyTLL1NSSG1w

The white guilt and black pride comments are divisive. Why are we separating people into "sides", based on skin colour? Seems like the last thing a left-leaning person would wish to do.

By the way, #ourABC made the good point via Planet America that even Southern Blacks aren't sure about the removal of statues. A poll had 49% of southern blacks approving of their removal, and 40% being unsure.

Condoleeza Rice has been against the removal of statues for a while.

Donald Trump advocates free speech?

Man, have you guys been conned. A bloke that sued a tv comedian for the princely sum of $5m for claiming Trump was the son of an orangutan believes in free speech?

The "free speech" angle to these rallies is to provide cover for racist & xenophobic rhetoric.

Donald is as committed to free speech as he is to his marriage vows.

Do you not believe that the MSM have a history of over-hyping issues for ratings/clicks? Particularly those involving fear?

They may not have literally said there is a nazi on every corner, but they aren't far off it. Apparently the US is experiencing "an unusual wave of far-right rallies" because Trump emboldened nazis. Apparently being pro free speech makes one a far-right nazi now?

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/19/politics/trump-remarks-alt-right/index.html

Then there's the word "war". Why are the US still fighting the civil war?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/16/why-is-the-us-still-fighting-the-civil-war

Or even better, "Trump's race war"!

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...SgBMAA&usg=AFQjCNGlALQiQ3iMPK_qUUsyTLL1NSSG1w

The white guilt and black pride comments are divisive. Why are we separating people into "sides", based on skin colour? Seems like the last thing a left-leaning person would wish to do.
So now you want to talk about media hype? You have been a Trump fan, right? His main job is 'salesman'. He over-hypes things constantly. Things are "the best" or "so sad" or "sick!". Spare me this pretend concern over media hype. You only choose to focus on that when it suits you. Actual Nazis walking around with weapons IS a genuine reason for outrage. One of the few that we would've thought was undebated. Alas, Trumpy makes you want to debate it.

I imagine your defense of free speech here would mean you have no problem with the free speech of people leaking against Trump, or with the media and Trump using words that are an exageration? Or, as mentioned above, Trump's court actions? Oh, what's that? You only choose to focus on that when it suits you? There's that hypocrisy, again.

Similarly, you can spare me your pretend misunderstanding about "separating people" "based on skin colour". White people owned black people. They kidnapped them, sent them over oceans and forced them to work. They killed them. They raped them. They split their families. They had no freedom. Presumably you don't deny all that. Then there was a civil war about it. Which funnily enough, is still being fought in some far smaller ways - i.e. over the appropriateness of statues that seem to celebrate the fight to keep slavery; or from the existence of the KKK, etc.

That is spot on. And as pathetic as MSM have been, and with most rational people acknowledging that a lot of it is fake - it still shapes the way many people are thinking/acting. That girl in the clip is correct. She is speaking common sense. It is a shame the media do not speak common sense. Instead they hype and dramatise everything = $$$$$$$$. I don't know how more people can't see through this bullsh*t.

Trump supporters should stop experimenting with the microwave door open (or cut back on the meth).

It's not media hype that condemns Trump. It's not media hype causing business leaders to distance themselves from Trump. It's not media hype leading foreign leaders of close allies to criticise Trump. It's also not media hype causing his own political party to be repulsed by his actions.

Wake up. The earth isn't flat.

All the people claiming this Nazi stuff is just media hype, are gonnna love reading it again the next time they complain about the media 'downplaying' Islamic terrorism and we quote all their comments.
Or I will be able to just think back and remember MSM hyping a nothing Russian investigation, a completely over dramatised Neo Nazi narrative, or all the times CNN have sucked in the public - only to have to retract, sack reporters, then apologize. I am not surprised that you would get sucked in by the media as well. You don't strike me as the type of person who can think for yourself.
Ooh, boy. So you completely duck any attempt to justify her commentary. Then you claim there was a nothing Russian invesitgation, despite copious amounts of evidence suggesting cover-ups and the fact, y'know, there is an active Russian-Trump team investigation.Please feel free to detail "all the times CNN have sucked in the public - only to have to retract, sack reporters, then apologize". There sounds like there are a lot so it shouldn't be hard for you to detail, I don't know, 10 instances? 5? No? However many you feel comfortable with, seeing as you think your capable of arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back