Draft Watcher D_P_S Draft Watch 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With school footy finished I may be tempted to make the long trip up to Mars stadium to watch the triple header this sunday.

Geelong vs Murray
Gippsland vs Bendigo
GWV vs Dandenong

Hoping Bonar plays for Dandenong since i havnt seen him yet this year.

Some school footy representatives that should play

Geelong
Oscar Brownless
Ned McHenry
Jack Henderson

Murray
Laitham Vandermeer

Gippsland
Changkuoth Jiath

Bendigo
Paddy Dow
Lochie O'Brien
Jarrod Brander
Brent Daniels

Dandenong
Luke Davies-Uniacke
Oscar Clavarino
Aidan Bonar
Mitch Riordan
All of these players have been selected to play, looks like I'll be making the trip to Ballarat on Sunday

Hey mate.

What keep Joel Garner out of your top 10?
It's a tough top 10 to get into haha

I havnt seen enough of him this year to put him higher, I saw some early games before school footy and the Championships.

Last year he looked really good up forward even looking similar to Wingard on occasions. A good finals series will see him go top 10 but either way he won't fall out of my top 20 regardless. The Hodge comparisons aren't far off but need to see more of his contested game to trually believe in that comparison

A 5 goal BOG performance from Jackson Ross for Eastern today, watch him rise up draft boards as the year goes on
Calder were extremely weak today. Had limited numbers and had to play a couple of 16s

Dow and Brander in the 1st quarter showing why they are in the mix for a top 5 pick. Brander playing forward and Dow kicked a classy goal from a stoppage. In the earlier game Matthew Ling was best for Geelong and Doulton Langlands impressed recruiters with his speed and finishing at goal on the run

Paddy Dow with the best bit of play all day. His attack on the ball to go with his speed and agility and then a lace out bullet pass was eye catching stuff. No goals but Brander is the standout forward so far playing CHF and clunking everything

Paddy Dow with the best bit of play all day. His attack on the ball to go with his speed and agility and then a lace out bullet pass was eye catching stuff. No goals but Brander is the standout forward so far playing CHF and clunking everything
Hard to follow East coast u18s from the West, will Brander have many more opportunities to prove his forward craft this year?

Hard to follow East coast u18s from the West, will Brander have many more opportunities to prove his forward craft this year?
Only 2 rounds left for Bendigo unless they can pull of a miracle and make finals.

Hey may play forward in the all stars game before this years grand final. He doesn't really need to prove anything about being a forward he is a star there

Only 2 rounds left for Bendigo unless they can pull of a miracle and make finals.

Hey may play forward in the all stars game before this years grand final. He doesn't really need to prove anything about being a forward he is a star there
Yeah that's what I thought but then I hear things like "Most of Brander's best footy has been played this season as a key defender, but one of his standout games of the year came as a forward" from Twoomey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not many standouts for Rebels so far. Jordan Johnston been decent in the middle. Hunter Clark has been winning plenty of contested possessions. LDU relatively quiet so far. Aiden Bonar kicked a great goal and his hands overhead have been terrific. Oscar Clavarino also mopping up with ease down back

I'll do a write up during the week but here are my best players for all 3 games
Geelong
Matthew Ling
Cassidy Parish
David Handley 2 goals
James Worpel 1 goal
Harry Benson
Jack Henderson 2 goals
Murray
Doulton Langlands 3 goals
Joe Richards 4 goals
Jordan Butts
Hudson Garoni
Will Donaghey
Jake Bradshaw
Gippsland
Callum Porter
Nick Hogan 1 goal
Aiden Quigley 2 goals
Jack Hudson 3 goals
Kim Drew
Caleb Serong
Bendigo
Paddy Dow 2 goals
Jarrod Brander 2 goals
Jye Caldwell 2 goals
Brent Daniels 2 goals
Bailey Henderson
Austin Mertz
GWV Rebels
Jordan Johnston
Flynn Appleby
Aiden Domic
Callan Wellings
Trent Reed
Scott Carlin
Dandenong
Hunter Clark 1 goal
Aiden Bonar 2 goals
Lachlan Young 3 goals
Jai Taylor
Luke Davies-Uniacke 1 goal
Campbell Hustwaite

I feel he will be that run and kick style player at AFL level so I'm not bothered that he backs himself to have a run and kick. Could feed the ball of by hand more and maybe even look for the one two so he still gets that kick in.
Mate..I have no time for players worried about nothing but themselves ...it doesn't stand up at the next level. Has the attributes to be a good player but he wont last at AFL level being selfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back