East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was joking (kinda ;))

This is unacceptable from the head down surely. You can't have boys clubs like this anymore. Wiley should never have been made coach.

Still no LA BOB Hampson and JMac...now Marsh...good to see youngsters in Burton,Harding Cronan and Bailey likely to debut...they are all good kids so buckle up EF fans it is gonna be a very bumpy road home....not sure how Perham gets a gig after 2 months out injured and plays one reserves game....Wiley does indeed do a lot of strange things for someone of his supposed footy ilk..

Yep great to see young mids in Holmes,Harding,Bennett Marshall and Burton win a lot of the footy....esp since Perth's midfield consists of some likely types in Jones,Tropiano,Colledge,Ninyette and Byrne. Add Hampson,LA and Marsh in there and EF looks to have a pretty good engine room.

Pleasing to see Fahey,Mirco and Howson hit the scoreboard...all young and hopefully will develop to provide EF with a decent forward line with some options....add in young Ambrose Ryan from the colts/reserves and who knows EF might regularly compiling some winning scorelines.

Up back Bailey seems a prospect, obviously LesterSmith Schofield Jupp and Winton provide the experience for other youngsters in Cuneo,Bailey and Hebiton to develop. Two other good key defending youngsters in Scott(WA 18s) & Davidson(son of ex Cl/EF player Peter) to develop and push thru for senior opportunities in the future.

Is Watson EF number 1 ruck now?....Symonds has been serviceable but perhaps his height can be used up front instead?

Interesting what happens with Andrew Swallow at 30 his days at NM may be numbered....be great to get him back for some experience,quality and hardness next year....also Brisbane's Jansen looks on the outer so he is similar to Marsh in height as a mid.....Snadden at WCE seems to be stagnating too....though he is only young....Griffen is cooked at Freo....has experience but at 32 is he what EF needs?...few possibles there to return but still need a quality defender and forward TBH.....

Dual Plaisted medallist Daniel Parker has accepted an offer from East Fremantle to play in the WAFL competition for the rest of 2017, leaving his relatively new club Mt Barker after just seven games.

Parker played reserves for East Fremantle on Monday, June 5, kicking three goals and being among his side’s best players against traditional derby rivals South Fremantle before he returned to East Fremantle Oval again at the weekend to kick a goal from eight possessions and three marks against Perth.

Part of the reason for Parker’s bold decision to move to the WAFL mid-season has been his ability to lose 14kg in a fitness campaign.

“My aim was at the end of last year to get myself in good shape,” he said.

“I had thought to myself ‘I can’t be bothered playing footy’ and I was going to give it away, but I ended up losing 14kg.

“I’m 107kg now and I couldn’t have done it without Mark Greene — it helped me get my hunger back.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Golden opportunity lost v SD andana for a win. EF struggle to back up performances so wouldnt surprise me if Perth win on Sat. Of late EF have been playing a tad better than Perth but Perth are due a better performance....atleast no Garstone or White available up front for Perth, they killed EF in the first Perth / EF game...also Perth dominated the first half of the second game then prompty went home.

Hopefully Marsh is back from injury, surprised Macca played league after 2 months out....should of played reserves TBH....yeah he is the skipper but why play Hampson in the reserves after a month out with injury? Hampson is better than Macca TBH.

Good to see young Cronan play well v SD...skinny but at 197cm he has potential to develop....played U/18 state for WA in 2015.

Need more goals from Mirco and Howson...tho think Howson did a shoulder v SD and Mirco may get dropped for his quiet game v SD....EF lose and the spoon is theirs...sneak a win then its game on for the spoon...sad to be talking about such a feat TBH...

WA Football Commission chief executive Gavin Taylor intends to make a series of tough and unpopular decisions to equalise the WAFL competition and help Perth overcome several decades of mediocrity.

Perth are likely to seek the return of family growth zone Canning Vale, which has been in the East Fremantle district for more than a decade,

EF blew a golden chance to sneak one game clear of the wooden spoon v WP...last 5 scoring shots of the game...all behinds... with two posters, Perham missing from 15 metres out and Schofield kicking one out of bounds on the full....sums up EF season but bad kicking is bad football.

Are EF a chance v Peel this week? Taberner usually burns EF and hopefully Rosco picks him for the Tigers game...always depends who is available for Peel on the day....last game of the year at Shark Park...be nice to go out with a win....

Yeah disappointing if EF lost Canning Vale andana....but the WAFL believe in their wisdom that depleting another struggling team to help a struggling team is the most logical way forward to equalizing the comp....you just gotta laugh I guess.

WA Football Commission chief executive Gavin Taylor intends to make a series of tough and unpopular decisions to equalise the WAFL competition and help Perth overcome several decades of mediocrity.

Perth are likely to seek the return of family growth zone Canning Vale, which has been in the East Fremantle district for more than a decade,

Looking for some feedback guys on the zones have been looking at them myself the last couple of years trying to work out what is fair?
At first glance the zoning does look pretty fair to all but Perth who many would say havent done enough in their zones. But as with East Fremantle many of their zones have reached maturity and have an aging population. Definitely not ideal for producing gun footballers.
It is a numbers game imo what you need is a big well run junior club in a boom suburb to consistently produce good players rather than 15 clubs producing one player each as Perth currently have. As compared to their best era 60s and 70s when they dominated the colts and seniors mainly through the growth suburbs of Manning , Vic Park and South Perth and as always some good recruiting also needed.
So the current growth suburbs north covered by West Perth south by Peel that leaves Ellenbrook/Aveley, Byford/Mundijong , Canning Vale, Jandakot and Forrestdale/Southern River well run junior clubs in these areas should be producing many Wafl players over the next 20 years.
Interested to read who should get what in the new review?

Another game lost...5 goals up with 25min to play...Stevo's last game at Shark park....disappointing to say the least....got no probs winning the spoon IF it means change on and off the ground....great to see so many youngsters step up and play positively for 3/4....just lack the nous to finish off games and the quality too....wonder if Griffen and Ibbotson will return to EF if delisted by Freo this year?...Jansen, Snadden,Palmer and Masten on thin ground too.But r they what EF need?...Keep playing the youngsters I guess...some of them do look quite useful.

Great effort by colts to finish table toppers and the reserves live to fight another day...Wiley should stack the reserves next week secure up a final spot and suck up being a wooden spoon coach...take one for the team Robbie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back