Under 19.5 Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

D
Antovski has played the 2 games vs Marby already anyway.

Don't think Curmi has played any against Marby.

Will be interesting to see how Marby deal with the bigger bodies. Marby's midfield is pretty small but will be curious as to wheather there run and carry will be too good for Keilor, especially on a bigger ground with more space to run into!

Did Marby have some players out? I see Tonkich played seniors for Keilor... do Marby bring anyone back in or will Keilor be too strong?

On the website it reads Dex Brumby didn't play! I have heard played in the development league for Williamstown last year in the VFL

Wo
An interesting final round, with Aberfeldie and Strathmore both trying to grab onto that 4th spot.

makes it?
Would have to say abers even if they lose to marby strathmore would have to beat west coburg. But maybe west coburg would prefer to play strathmore first round on the finals and then throw the game. Thoughts ???

I have heard that EDS have around 15 players that would be walk up starters to their team that have not played for most of or not at all this season. That certainly makes it hard to win.

Wo

Would have to say abers even if they lose to marby strathmore would have to beat west coburg. But maybe west coburg would prefer to play strathmore first round on the finals and then throw the game. Thoughts ???

I agree, West Coburg would probably rather play Strathmore than Abers week one of finals, not sure they will throw the game though, will certainly be an interesting final round.

Just on the EDS Comment, Yes they have had players out but so have other clubs, really just tests the depth and the depth of EDS is showing. I also think 15 is an over exaggeration but am happy to be proven wrong if you can name them.

I agree, West Coburg would probably rather play Strathmore than Abers week one of finals, not sure they will throw the game though, will certainly be an interesting final round.

Just on the EDS Comment, Yes they have had players out but so have other clubs, really just tests the depth and the depth of EDS is showing. I also think 15 is an over exaggeration but am happy to be proven wrong if you can name them.
Yes 15 is a bit exaggerated but it includes those at Calder and Jets.

They definitely didn't.
Tips for next weeks Finals?
Marby Vs Keilor
West coburg Vs Abers
After looking at yesterday's results and if that was the best team Keilor can put on the ground being pushed by EDS for all of except 15 minutes Marby should win that one. Marby need to be able to run and have pace. Stop Keilor from being able to spread it wide to their wings on the rebound.

WC vs Abers is going to be interesting. WC might just get them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After looking at yesterday's results and if that was the best team Keilor can put on the ground being pushed by EDS for all of except 15 minutes Marby should win that one. Marby need to be able to run and have pace. Stop Keilor from being able to spread it wide to their wings on the rebound.

WC vs Abers is going to be interesting. WC might just get them.

Abers were in the game for a long time against Marby and they were really dominant across the ground for the whole second quarter without reward. Could have easily rolled them on Saturday. If Abers get past WC I would be a little nervous as they love September footy and know how to win on the big stage. Obviously have to win the first week of finals first, but momentum can be a big thing.

I know Marby sit on top of the ladder but Keilor are Underfeated since Round 7.
Abers are a massive chance especially if their reserves lose first week of finals.

I know Marby sit on top of the ladder but Keilor are Underfeated since Round 7.
Abers are a massive chance especially if their reserves lose first week of finals.

Would be a typical Aberfeldie thing to do. Boot out 4-5 poor kids who have battled away all year for the 19s for 4-5 'better' players.
Good to see some things never change at the big clubs.

Anyway, I think Keilor are the team to beat but come 12pm Saturday we'll have a much better idea of who has one hand on the cup.

Would be a typical Aberfeldie thing to do. Boot out 4-5 poor kids who have battled away all year for the 19s for 4-5 'better' players.
Good to see some things never change at the big clubs.

Anyway, I think Keilor are the team to beat but come 12pm Saturday we'll have a much better idea of who has one hand on the cup.

First of all they only do that if those boys have contributed to the team throughout the year. Second of all they will not be dropping any of those 4-5 back as they wouldn't do that to all the other boys. And third, they can't drop back because they have over qualified.

You potted Abers without even knowing the truth. Good person you are.

First of all they only do that if those boys have contributed to the team throughout the year. Second of all they will not be dropping any of those 4-5 back as they wouldn't do that to all the other boys. And third, they can't drop back because they have over qualified.

History speaks for itself. Just ask the 3-4 players that missed out on the 2013 GF for Tippa and Co at senior level.

That's not true.
Anyone who qualifies to play 19's can regardless of how many games they played so Abers could play Berry, Williamson, Dench, stone, Simpson in the 19's.

That's not true.
Anyone who qualifies to play 19's can regardless of how many games they played so Abers could play Berry, Williamson, Dench, stone, Simpson in the 19's.

Am I wrong? If reserves aren't in finals with 19s they cannot go down as they have over qualified. That was the context in which we were discussing. If reserves are playing the boys will be playing there.

Attachments

• IMG_0361.PNG
    IMG_0361.PNG
    80.4 KB · Views: 19
Also I have a question for all on this forum. If you have players playing at higher levels, shouldn't we reward them for coming back to their local club to play? And I don't mean qualifying them by doing dodgies. I mean they have played 5-6 matches and have qualified on their own merit. Why would you penalise these players by not allowing them to play? I understand that some players who have been there most of the year will be upset missing out, but with success isn't there always disappointment? I would prefer to reward players who go on to higher levels, rather than penalise them. What's your thoughts?

Also I have a question for all on this forum. If you have players playing at higher levels, shouldn't we reward them for coming back to their local club to play? And I don't mean qualifying them by doing dodgies. I mean they have played 5-6 matches and have qualified on their own merit. Why would you penalise these players by not allowing them to play? I understand that some players who have been there most of the year will be upset missing out, but with success isn't there always disappointment? I would prefer to reward players who go on to higher levels, rather than penalise them. What's your thoughts?

There is some Merritt to you comment but on the other hand if you are trying to build quality and depth from your unders then the quickest way to loose them is not to reward the players that have got you to the finals and play guys from out side. At that level it need to be a about development and retention of players .Teams need home grown 1 pointers not over priced 5 pointers

Am I wrong? If reserves aren't in finals with 19s they cannot go down as they have over qualified. That was the context in which we were discussing. If reserves are playing the boys will be playing there.
That only relates to seniors and reserves.
Trembath played the whole season for Glenroy seniors but was able to play 19's finals. Sinclair from Hillside was the same. But you can't play reserves if you have played more senior games regardless of your age

That only relates to seniors and reserves.
Trembath played the whole season for Glenroy seniors but was able to play 19's finals. Sinclair from Hillside was the same. But you can't play reserves if you have played more senior games regardless of your age

Where in the by-laws does it say you can do that? I have looked at them closely and from what I gather... because the 19s is open age too you can't drop down from the reserves if you have played more games in the reserves (meaning reserves are out of finals). These boys can play 19s if the reserves and seniors are in finals... is that the case?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back