Preview Changes vs Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we make a statement NOW about what is expected in 2018 ? Virtual dead rubber. Chance to put players on notice. A chance to show a few players they are not too far off and others they are no guaranteed start ? If so :-

In. Collins. Moyd. Lipinski. Campbell Webb**
Out. Stringer. Liberatore. Dickson Dunkley. Suckling**

I'm leaving Toyd out deliberately. Bev's comments, VFL finals opportunity, ease the pressure of returning with nought to gain. He may actually enjoy dominating in the VFL finals ( if he plays AFL he's ineligible).

Doubt Suckers gets dropped and Webb included. Both seem to be affixed to their respective squads

Morris. Collins. Boyd
Biggs. Cordy Williams

Hunter. Macrae. JJ
Campbell Bontempelli. Maclean

Dale Cloke Lipinski
Daniel. Roughead. Dalhaus

Young Picken Murphy. Webb

During the game I'd give :-
Young a run at CHF.
Lipinski a run in the midfield.
Webb a run as the QB style backman, Bontempelli time in a Pagans Paddock set up

Theme for the day : Go for it and bring back the fun of playing on instinct.

I just want to see Collins get a gig and for Matty Boyd to have one last crack. Just have this strange feeling that we'll win..freo will be leading essendon at half time by 3-4 goals, giving us all hope but will end up losing late. Tale of our season.

I just want to see Collins get a gig and for Matty Boyd to have one last crack. Just have this strange feeling that we'll win..freo will be leading essendon at half time by 3-4 goals, giving us all hope but will end up losing late. Tale of our season.

Freo will be massacred.

But we should want to win for Murph and Boyd

Freo will be lucky to have kicked 3 or 4 goals by half time against Essendon

Any idea which end our cheersquad will be at? Is it Hawthorns home game or something weird like that?

My AFL memberships spat out some pretty weird tickets...maybe due to the demand for the game (near sellout).

I think it's a no-brainer that MBoyd will play and Lipinski is a must (or I will be most displeased).
I'm open to any other 'Ins' as long as they will give us everything they've got. I'd even consider Honeychurch who at least is a very honest trier. Campbell and Smith's form in the VFL was pretty good -they might come into the equation.
Bev won't make too many changes for this one.
So, it's: Ins: MBoyd, Lipinski, Outs: Stringer, Dickson. Sorry Webb, I think the club has your papers ready to be stamped.

I think it's a no-brainer that MBoyd will play and Lipinski is a must (or I will be most displeased).
I'm open to any other 'Ins' as long as they will give us everything they've got. I'd even consider Honeychurch who at least is a very honest trier. Campbell and Smith's form in the VFL was pretty good -they might come into the equation.
Bev won't make too many changes for this one.
So, it's: Ins: MBoyd, Lipinski, Outs: Stringer, Dickson. Sorry Webb, I think the club has your papers ready to be stamped.

Not sure Webb's papers are ready to be stamped.

I believe the Dogs have put a contract in front of him and want to keep him but he may look elsewhere and there is at least one club i have been told is interested in his services as they have tracked him at VFL games this year.

In: Moyd, Lipinski and Collins
Out: Stringer (inj), Dickson, Young

Boyd has to come in. He's given so much to the club he deserves a send off and his VFL form has been good
I love to see them give Lipinski a taste, imagine how excited he'd be to play in Bob and Boyd's last game
We need someone to give YLY a rest, so why not get another look at Collins with another 12 months development in him.

Stringer (inj), Young & Dunkley (omit)

I'd like us to give Moyd a farewell game, Lipinski to debut & Collins or Fletcher to match up better against Roughead

We win we get picks 11 and 33

we lose we get picks 8 and 25................................................

Last pick 11s for us were Everitt, Higgins and Johnno.

Last (and only, I think) pick 8 was Paul Gow in 1990 (7 games in 91).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For any potential young debutant like Lipinski, it would be great for them or any of the young one to say in the future "I played in the same team as Mathew Boyd, and Bob Murphy!" Two of the Bulldogs all-time greats.
Could be the one game of overlap in 35 years of WB greats! Murphy --> Lipinski

In; Lipinksi, Webb, Campbell, MBoyd. Collins.
Out: Roughead, Dunkley, Libba, Stringer, Dickson.
Libba should have the week off, that way he can start training a week earlier than anyone else. Tony should also force him to shift in with Nonna over the pre season. She will not take any crap and 6 months with her will fix him right up. Roughead will be better off getting pissed and watching a replay of the GF with Dicko and Libba. . They will see how good they were and maybe it might spark something in them to have a big preseason.

Not that it matters a whole lot at this point, but we lose on Friday night and we'll have gone 1-6 in games against the teams we played in the finals last year. 2-5 isn't all that good either, but it's just another sad, and very telling, stat of our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back