80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Had the front 9 of my life today. 22 points including 5 pars. Back 9 not so great. Twinged my neck hitting a provisional on 12 and lost the plot.

Reckon I hit 5 provisionals off the tee on the back 9 and incredibly only needed one of them. Even in the s**t I was getting myself into I managed not to wipe a hole. Finished with 15 points on the back 9 and 37 all up and won the competition.

Still upset I didn't back up my front 9 though.

21 points in 9 hole comp which was good. Could have been better if I didn't bogey 2 holes in a row where I had birdie putts. Handicap sitting at 25 at the moment but on way down. Gotta win some comps while playing well and handicap is high.

New to this thread, but starting to play a lot more without yet committing to a membership. Were I a member, it would be Exeter Golf Club in Tasmania

Anyway, last 2 rounds were 55 for 9 at Exeter on Sunday (on a water logged course), and 48 at the picturesque Scamander River today, which I managed to complete in 58 minutes as I was at work at the time :p

My best 18 holes ever has been 101, achieved twice (Mowbray & Barnbougle Dunes - second front tees). I pretty much play off around 30 handicap

H
New to this thread, but starting to play a lot more without yet committing to a membership. Were I a member, it would be Exeter Golf Club in Tasmania

Anyway, last 2 rounds were 55 for 9 at Exeter on Sunday (on a water logged course), and 48 at the picturesque Scamander River today, which I managed to complete in 58 minutes as I was at work at the time :p

My best 18 holes ever has been 101, achieved twice (Mowbray & Barnbougle Dunes - second front tees). I pretty much play off around 30 handicap
Having only seen pictures of Barnbougle Dunes, I would have thought a 101 around that track and a PB would have been a remarkable effort. I'm off 19 and I reckon I'd be stoked with that score there!

H

Having only seen pictures of Barnbougle Dunes, I would have thought a 101 around that track and a PB would have been a remarkable effort. I'm off 19 and I reckon I'd be stoked with that score there!

Yeah, if you played one of the back two tees, it would be a far greater challenge, but the front tees really cut a lot of distance. I hope to get my game to a point that I could move up a tee one day!

It suits my game. The fairways are the widest you'll see, trees are almost non-existent, and if you beat the wind (rare) you can have a day out. I highly recommend getting down for a weekend to play both courses. They are something to behold

My last month has been highlighted by a loss of form, no luck and putts just refusing to drop. I haven't given up but I refuse to have a break as my handicap gets higher while I am out of form. The tighter lies especially, cold weather and strong winds have never been my strengths.
In saying this, I am dodging golf in the windy and cold conditions tomorrow for a better day and 11am Tee off time on Sunday. Plus, my back doesn't like the cold weather.

Became as upset as I have ever been on the golf course today.

Played in the comp 4some. By the 7th we were a hole and a half behind because of this *****wit who had no idea in my group. It was my responsibility to keep pace of play so another guy and I went ahead and caught up to the group in front and allowed the two others to catch up. Not once did this guy acknowledge his own pace of play or try to pick things up. He kept ******* around and dawdling meanwhile I was going faster to accommodate him (I don't have practice swings and am very mindful of pace of play...I generally can't go any faster).

The thing that really pissed me off was his unwillingness to pick up his pace. It was horrific. I was so angry. Will never play with him again. ****.

Became as upset as I have ever been on the golf course today.

Played in the comp 4some. By the 7th we were a hole and a half behind because of this *****wit who had no idea in my group. It was my responsibility to keep pace of play so another guy and I went ahead and caught up to the group in front and allowed the two others to catch up. Not once did this guy acknowledge his own pace of play or try to pick things up. He kept ******* around and dawdling meanwhile I was going faster to accommodate him (I don't have practice swings and am very mindful of pace of play...I generally can't go any faster).

The thing that really pissed me off was his unwillingness to pick up his pace. It was horrific. I was so angry. Will never play with him again. ****.

Call proshop.

Have them send someone out to give "the group" a hurry up is a trick I've used before.

Its infuriating

Little AC lost local kids tourney on second playoff hole Saturday. Had a chance on first playoff hole but I think he got caught up in the moment a bit. Told him not to worry--there will be other days he will get up on the right side of things. ;)

Kudos to the winner---he had to par last 6 holes straight to catch Little AC. Fine job and he definitely earned it.

For those that wonder--6 boys in his age division competed.

My last 2 months of golf have been horrific. I have been playing some poor golf. So I returned to a course that always gives me good vibes, Crows Nest Golf Club Qld. I shot 79/67 with a slope of 114 and Par 72. If I could putt from over 4 metres, I would have been at least 4 shots better off. Not to mention the Magpie that kept attacking me.

I had a terribly frustrating round on Saturday. I had 3 bad drives for the day but all others were long and straight enough. A handful of holes on the front 9 I hit great drives then pulled my approach shots so badly. 5th hole is a dog leg which I smashed my drive down the middle, had maybe 130m left and missed the green left by 20m :$ think I walked off with a double bogey.

I had back to back wipes on 9 & 10 so on the 11th I'd had enough was determined to turn it around. Made a good par there (birdie putt lipped out) and made 18 points on the back 9 with 2 wipes. 31 points for the day.

I had 42 points today in my local comp at City Golf Club. The DSR was 69 (par 70) and my daily hcp was 14. The slope rating was 131 and my GA hcp was 12.1. It is now 11.2 and I won the comp. It is the first time in 2 months that I didn't three putt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had 42 points today in my local comp at City Golf Club. The DSR was 69 (par 70) and my daily hcp was 14. The slope rating was 131 and my GA hcp was 12.1. It is now 11.2 and I won the comp. It is the first time in 2 months that I didn't three putt.

Welcome back form!

Played 2 holes today before work called and I had to bail. Wasn't the worst thing in the world, I shanked both my drives and was looking for an excuse to get out :p

I took advantage of this probably 6+ months ago. Liked the balls just wish I didn't donate them to the rough so quickly.

Do it again

Even your wife or kids can get balls ;)

They throw in some ballmarkers as well which are cool

Do it again

Even your wife or kids can get balls ;)

They throw in some ballmarkers as well which are cool

How many balls am I expecting here? I've already signed up

Little AC fired a 1 over 37 to win today.

Guess he decided that it was better to just avoid a playoff and win outright this week. ;)

In lieu of Kangaroos we had a fox saunter across the course today which was entertaining for the boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back