List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so.

Did anyone else notice how Balic looked less than stoked when everyone got around him for his first goal? That is where my worry about him started.

I was worried on draft night when he seemed non plussed & then his dad came out the next day saying he would rather pay him 70 K a year to stay in Victoria TBH.

You can't bomb the ball indiscriminately if your forward line is small. Haven't you been paying attention this year?
Do you need to bomb it all the time? The problem is more to everybody go for the ball instead of crumbing.

It will be interesting to see how Richmond go under intense pressure kicking for distance with just Jack forward
Me too , but to had such a game plan and in top 4 they already over archieve . Hardwick deserve to go if they can't win a match in final.

It will be interesting to see how Richmond go under intense pressure kicking for distance with just Jack forward
Well, this is the reason I think they'll be bundled out in straight sets. We all saw the finals last year and the way the game changed. It was all about putting immense pressure on the ball carrier. The will not have the space and time to find the small men in the forward line and be rushed into bombing long. Take out Jack Reiwoldt and their game plan is finished. I could be wrong about all this of course.

Well, this is the reason I think they'll be bundled out in straight sets. We all saw the finals last year and the way the game changed. It was all about putting immense pressure on the ball carrier. The will not have the space and time to find the small men in the forward line and be rushed into bombing long. Take out Jack Reiwoldt and their game plan is finished. I could be wrong about all this of course.

The Bulldogs won the flag, I think Richmond will do better than expected. if they win the flag, the roof will be off with regards to small forward lines and most teams will follow suit.

The Bulldogs won the flag, I think Richmond will do better than expected. if they win the flag, the roof will be off with regards to small forward lines and most teams will follow suit.

It's all about mobility for me. Your marking forwards need to be capable below their feet, need to be able to run their leggies off to catch the defenders.

Aliir Aliir plays in similar fashion to the young MJ. Wouldn't imagine it would help Sydney's salary cap issues if he came to us.

There is nothing impressive about that bloke, no tank, tries to side step everyone and often turns it over deep inside defensive 50. I wouldn't play him in defense at all. Maybe reinvent himself as a ruck forward.

He went silent when karl asked if we're into aliir aliir???

That stuff was on twitter yesterday and Hasleby mentioned it on Monday night as a rumour.

Not sure if that twitter link above is an AFL approved page - or if the logo has just been appropriated. Mitch Cleary tweeted something similar, along with the McGovern/Wilson to Fremantle possibility. ie NFI like the rest of us.

From what I've read of match reports Aliir Aliir has been playing ruck/forward of late for Sydney. He kicked 3 goals against Gold Coast weekend before last.

Think he's still contracted till the end of next year. Sydney just signed up Sam Reid who was due to be out of contract at the end of the year - so perhaps there's a salary cap squeeze.

Hard to get a read on NEAFL form because Sydney is top of the ladder with a percentage of 233+

Last edited:
A.Pearce is coming from a long way back. I'd be surprised if he became a regular next season. He will hopefully come good but has missed a lot of footy

Fyfe is the example. Took him half the season to semi resemble pre-legbreak-Nat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's actually ridiculous how many players we are linked to. I'd love to know how much of it is legit.
It's a hack journalist's dream. Last season we got the ball rolling getting four and poured fuel on the fire by stating we'd be targeting young WA boys that may want to come home. They can literally put every WA players name less than 25 playing east of the Nullarbor on a dart board and have a nee target/link everyday until the trade period begins.

See Hagdorn and Langdon

There is nothing impressive about that bloke, no tank, tries to side step everyone and often turns it over deep inside defensive 50. I wouldn't play him in defense at all. Maybe reinvent himself as a ruck forward.
I think he'd be good for Peel

Aliir Aliir plays in similar fashion to the young MJ. Wouldn't imagine it would help Sydney's salary cap issues if he came to us.

I would go for that. I think people are selling a 22 year old tall with just 16 games a bit short. He was very bad at the start of this year (PCL interrupted as well) but man he showed some serious flashes last year. Inconsistent, sure, but some games he was very good.

All about price of course, and a lot depends on A. Pearce.

Big No for Allir Allir , under contract until next year . If no quality players just go to the draft .

I don't know why people aren't a fan of Aliir Aliir. I was a big fan last year and if it wasn't for injury would have played in the GF (and could have helped Sydney win it).

I don't know what happened this year- I think minor disciplinary things at the wrong time & Mellican took his spot.

Would happily see him in Purple next year.

I don't know why people aren't a fan of Aliir Aliir. I was a big fan last year and if it wasn't for injury would have played in the GF (and could have helped Sydney win it).

I don't know what happened this year- I think minor disciplinary things at the wrong time & Mellican took his spot.

Would happily see him in Purple next year.
2019 maybe , draft pick are not easy to get except for hawthorn .

Last edited:
Was joining in the sarcasm though i do rate Carey's well thought out observations.
earlier post from Dirty Banchez

lol at Carey:
"Freo need to target Josh Kelly and Tom Lynch"

yeah okay duck.
Why are people mocking Carey for that suggestion? We desperately need a forward and have a bit of money to splash around, Lynch is a very good young forward. People on here are way into WA players, just because Lynch isn't from Perth doesn't mean we shouldn't try and lure him over, a dominant forward is a dominant forward, regardless where he is from, it'd be harder to convince him to come over, but we'd be stupid not to try. Carey is being mocked, which is confusing considering he's essentially stating the obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back